Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People can definitely be labeled "evil". I believe that most evil men believe themselves to be good via twisted logic and a distorted reality, but i believe it is self evident that there are men whose actions, by and large, can be labeled "evil".

Welllllllll...... I can think of one I think has earned the label.

Not really the topic of this thread, but in order to use the word "evil" one really needs to pin down the definition of the word.

If a person thinks Trump is "evil" they perhaps would be branding people with "narcisism" as evil.
Are they a victim of a mental disorder, or a victim of poor upbringing?
Does it matter how they got there?
Are all narcisists evil?

The problem with labelling a person as "evil" is that you then assume that everything they do is "bad" or "evil", you assume their intent is to do "bad" things.
Narcisists aren't sadists, they aren't necessarily murderers, they just crave attention, power, control.

Anyway, I think the dangers of classifying political figures or parties as "evil" is that you become politically polarised. With USA they are a mess right now, a huge political wedge. If you guys keep going like this then the USA will break up, your states will become separate countries.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really the topic of this thread, but in order to use the word "evil" one really needs to pin down the definition of the word.

If a person thinks Trump is "evil" they perhaps would be branding people with "narcisism" as evil.
Are they a victim of a mental disorder, or a victim of poor upbringing?
Does it matter how they got there?
Are all narcisists evil?

The problem with labelling a person as "evil" is that you then assume that everything they do is "bad" or "evil", you assume their intent is to do "bad" things.
Narcisists aren't sadists, they aren't necessarily murderers, they just crave attention, power, control.

Anyway, I think the dangers of classifying political figures or parties as "evil" is that you become politically polarised. With USA they are a mess right now, a huge political wedge. If you guys keep going like this then the USA will break up, your states will become separate countries.
The evil one has always been the evil one.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd like to point out that the OP provided less evidence in this thread that Obama lied than has been presented to him in other threads that Trump has broken laws.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to point out that the OP provided less evidence in this thread that Obama lied than has been presented to him in other threads that Trump has broken laws.
Objection sustained.

Upvote 0