Single And Wondering...

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I was wondering why God has been 'hiding' me for so long, I’m instantly hit with a response- ‘because I want all of you to myself’.

Yes, God created me for His pleasure. He engraved me in the palm of His hands. He delights in His creation. He looks intently at the work of His hands. He made me fearfully and thoughtfully. He set His heart on me. He waited for me to fall and grow in love with Him. He kindled a fire in my soul that yearns for Him. He wants me to know how much He loves me. He gives me more of Himself and wants more of me. He is jealous for me (the good kind). He has a purpose for me. I’m honored and humbled.

If you’re single and wondering, maybe God wants you all to Himself too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazz Life

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
There might be something in that. If God has a lot of work to do in you, then He will want your full attention. Relationships are an enormous distraction, and it's virtually impossible to become 100% introspective when you're in one. The best God will get is 40% of you (if the job is still outstanding.)

But when the work is done, don't be difficult. If you meet someone at that stage, go for it.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There might be something in that. If God has a lot of work to do in you, then He will want your full attention. Relationships are an enormous distraction, and it's virtually impossible to become 100% introspective when you're in one. The best God will get is 40% of you (if the job is still outstanding.)

But when the work is done, don't be difficult. If you meet someone at that stage, go for it.

Bringing me to a place of understanding of who I'm in the eyes of God is one of the works God does. That helps me to identify my true self and also rightly discover others, which changes how we perceive things and interact with others. Then, you are being dishonest to yourself and others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the reasons why He never answered my prayer for a wife in the early days of my conversion was because He knew I would ruin it due to being not able to handle it properly. In effect, I was asking amiss because I was just going to spend it on my lusts. When it gets down to it, God knows what's best.

• Informative
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree with that because of what 1 Corinthians 12:20-27 says about us all being part of the body. We're interconnected as the church. We need other people, and other people need us, and God built that into his will for our lives.

Thanks for sharing. It is same for all the members of the body. Here, in this thread, I’m speaking to singles only. Please see my post #4. When I learn how much I’m loved then I will also know how much others are also loved. Then I can treat others in that perspective, as I would treat myself. God wants all of us to Himself so He can use us for His purpose (that includes fellowship and service), we do it all for Him. For me, in the present circumstances where God has placed me, He wants me to invest my time and attention more in His presence and also learn how to love and care myself. I’m in a kind of isolation where everything is provided to me abundantly, in a miraculous way, as though God prepared and spread a table for me in the wilderness and brought me here. For a long time, I have been waiting for God to bring some other people to me or take me to another place where I can meet other people. And I’m here on this forum trying to reach others. So I agree with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't doubt for a second that God wants you all to himself I do think that you should find out why he would.

Thank you. Yes, He helped me understand why He would want me to be single for now, and it's about His glory and purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Starnchrist

Queen_E Formerly Soldier <3
Jul 7, 2010
New York
✟12,690.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think we are single because we don't put ourselves out there. There is nothing wrong with dating and praying to God to see if they are the partner for you, but sometimes we can take it far and stay single for far too long. I mean that's my opinion. God would always want us for himself. We are his creation and he loves us so much, but he also knows we are creatures made in his image and we desire love as much as he desires our love for him. I think it's something to think about.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0