Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Every once and awhile I get this fear that the way staff sends e-mails to members doesn't work. I rely heavily on this in responding to things received through Contact Us and the staff as a whole uses this as a way to contact members who have disabled PMs and E-mail through the site or who have been given vacations from here (either temporary or permanant).

So I test it. Today I sent myself (to different addresses, including one I'm registered at CF with, a hotmail account, a yahoo account, and my official work address) e-mails. And indeed the system is working.

However....

In order for this service to work...members need to be aware of two things.

1) The address your account is registered with needs to be accurate. If you signed up with AOL a year ago and now use MSN, you need to update your e-mail address (unless your AOL address is still valid).

2) Spam filters. The messages sent by staff actually say "No-Response" (or something like that). This, with many mail filters, gets translated as "spam" and is either automatically deleted or sent to a spam folder that many people don't peek in before they empty. I know AOL (the company itself) has caused many problems for CF members for automatically bouncing anything that came from CF as spam. You will need to allow e-mail from christianforums.info (where the e-mails come from) to go through.

If you would like to test to make sure that you can get messages like this...please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)