United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does everyone know anything ?
Either by/ from YHWH,
or by/ from something else.
Who someone follows is what makes the difference.
Trust YHWH, no mark.
Trust man, mark.

Idk. I'm not the dumbest thing around but God makes me better. So how I got there was cool.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't think mentally challenged people would comprehend what they were doing, and because they were innocent, God might spare them.
That's not what YHWH'S WORD says.
Also note, no one is innocent.
Then, too, YHWH does not make exceptions - He said whoever receives the mark can never enter heaven. That is true without possibility of change, even to the end of the earth, even to when the universe is rolled up .... (as YHWH Says in His Word)...

Hey, how about that - whoever "receives".... perhaps if their mind is gone, or they reject it, but someone puts it on their body/ in their body/ they don't receive it.
.... different from if they allow it, receive it even though coerced perhaps ...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Idk. I'm not the dumbest thing around but God makes me better. So how I got there was cool.
I don't know where you got to ?
(When I posted what you replied to, I did not see nor was considering whatever you're referring to .)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Lybrah, you asked...and you shall receive, Sister. Here's a link to one of the sources from which my point of view is informed. The link is to a professional, theological journal article. I'm afraid you'll have to read it in its entirety, but feel free to ask questions along the way: ;)

Mathewson, D. (2003). Assessing Old Testament allusions in the book of Revelation. Evangelical Quarterly, 75(4), 311-326.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
fyi, only from the description of it, and what apparently came from its contents,
it looks deceptive, and
I wouldn't read it as it could lead to more deception - it is a snare (from what was posted about it so far)....

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
fyi, only from the description of it, and what apparently came from its contents,
it looks deceptive, and
I wouldn't read it as it could lead to more deception - it is a snare (from what was posted about it so far)....

Hhhmmm....

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it looks deceptive, and

...yep, there's nothing more deceptive that the qualified application of proper hermeneutical study of God's Word. Yes, you're right. People should be wary---they might actually run into the Truth along the way. :rolleyes:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok fair enough.

I still wonder if a mentality challenged person took the mark then what happens to him? Is he going to hell?
God Wil judge him according to his capacity to comprehrehend.
According to his ability to choose good and shun evil.
God is just.

• Agree
Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't expect coins to be 'literally' attached to someone's forehead or even on their right hand. Revelation is symbolic and reliant upon allusions; it's not literally descriptive in it's prophetic designations. For instance, there won't actually be LOCUSTS swarming around for five months....etc. etc.

A metaphor is a good picture of the actual thing it represents. Seed and word of God. Wind and the Spirit etc. You made a claim, but failed to explain how wearing a sign on the right arm and forehead is a good representation of gold coins... Perhaps the Jews had a custom to affix wallets to their heads?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God Wil judge him according to his capacity to comprehrehend.
According to his ability to choose good and shun evil.
God is just.
Where is this in Scripture ?

Even if someone were deceived, and thought it okay to murder someone else,
so they murdered someone ,
they would still have to pay the penalty for sin,
according to Scripture.

"Why" they did it is not a matter of concern, in righteous judgment, in God's Word.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is this in Scripture ?

Even if someone were deceived, and thought it okay to murder someone else,
so they murdered someone ,
they would still have to pay the penalty for sin,
according to Scripture.

"Why" they did it is not a matter of concern, in righteous judgment, in God's Word.

You read the new testament?

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You read the new testament?

This is just my thoughts now. God had a promise with the Jewish people that never was broken. Still stands today.

I don't think the Jewish nation is involved in any of this so that rapture in the bible may apply here. Idk.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is just my thoughts now. God had a promise with the Jewish people that never was broken. Still stands today.

I don't think the Jewish nation is involved in any of this so that rapture in the bible may apply here. Idk.

We wait.

Upvote 0