if you observe Sabbath, Christ will profit you nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani K

May 6, 2013
Far far away.. to far for you to come get me! haha
✟15,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So much time on thought about what is right or wrong. When none of this really matters. Time would be better spent serving another for our maker. That is what pleases

I see no real talk of doing simple kindness... instead it is always quotes and arguments. ( not talking to anyone specific, just an observation ) None is better than another. Being right does nothing for your soul.

Have a great weekend all

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

The trained heart prays the Jesus prayer 'unceasingly' according to the EO so I'm told. (and have experienced).

Prayer is the highest form of worship; it's not candles and incense, statues and painted ceilings, wine, cheese or wafers, and all that other jazz that those who make the rules demand on their adherents.

Worship God everyday, through prayer. Sunday through Saturday.
Sunday is the first day of the week, btw.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the start. Some go on to inform me that the papacy is antichrist and that my religion is wicked and evil. From there it gets more and more legalistic.

In the end it become 'keep the commandments or be condemned'.
The part about the papacy being the antichrist would take a study of scripture to see if it fits or not but that would be another tread if you are interested.
If we are completely honest we will admit that we have to keep the commandments or be condemned. Even your church does say as much. That is not being legalistic. We do not consider not stealing as being legalistic, or not lying for that matter. The real problem is Sabbath keeping. So the question is does God require it or not. This is like on the mount of Carmel. God is God or Baal is God. Sabbath is required or is not required by God.
To be fair to all if God requires it it must be kept. Do not reject because I myself our someone else is offensive. Be honest with God, His word and your self.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.