if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
waste of time? can you not see the connections? are you so blind?

Find EVERY word that has the same numeric value in Hebrew, not just selected ones. I think you will find that your 'connections' are really nothing more than confirmation bias.

Are you so credulous?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Find EVERY word that has the same numeric value in Hebrew, not just selected ones. I think you will find that your 'connections' are really nothing more than confirmation bias.

Are you so credulous?

if you can not see before your very eyes the connections that are so obvious, then i can't help you. :angel:

here is the only verse that adds to 613:

Non his son, Jehoshua his son. 1Ch 7:27

i don't need anymore proof that God himself has put some connections in his bible.

no doubt not all the words adding to 613 makes sense, but the connections that the various numbers have often displayed a certain theme that is even taught in the bible itself. for instance the number 550, if you would research and study you would know it is not simply a credulous belief that I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is a gematria database. Search for all the words that total 613, just for fun, OK?

Hebrew : English Translation Gematria
אבים : king of Judah, son and successor of Rehoboam

Source: The Bible Wheel
53 or 613
אביתר : Eviathar (name)

Source: Babylon Online Dictionary
אביתר : priest, son of Ahitub (Ahimelech), faithful to David, but; later rebelled with Adonijah

אוותר : to give up, waive

אורות : light, photo-; daylight; source of light, illumination

אורות : Lights

Source: Rodurago Cypheron
אוששו : to encourage, strengthen, fortify

אותרו : be localized, located; pinpointed; isolated

אזהם : to pollute, soil; infect, contaminate

53 or 613
אזהרת : warning, admonition, tipoff, caution, caveat, monition, presage

אינטנסיביותה : intensiveness, intensity

אליפויותיכם : championship, title

613 or 1173
אלמוניותכן : anonymity, facelessness, obscurity, anonymousness

אמצעותו : means, middle, center

אפלוליותן : dusk, dimness, shadiness, shadowiness, duskiness

613 or 1263
אפסיותנו : insignificance

אקדחך : gun, pistol, revolver, handgun, firearm, gat (slang) , rod (slang)

133 or 613
אקונומית : economist; in charge of stores

ארבתי : to lie in wait, ambush, waylay

ארבתי : to lie in wait, ambush, lurk; (Qal); to lie in wait; ambush (participle as subst); (Piel) ambushers, liers-in-wait (pl. participle); (Hiphil) to lay an ambush

את האור : The Quintessence of Light

אתהאור : Quintessence of Light

אתעצבן : be irritated

613 or 1263
באדום : Edom; Edomite, Idumean - descendants of Esau; land of Edom, Idumea - land south and south east of Palestine

53 or 613
באדרתו : glory, cloak; glory, splendour, magnificence (of a vine, shepherds); mantle, cloak made of fur or fine material; prophet's garment

באים : visitor, guest

53 or 613
באים : to go in, enter, come, go, come in; (Qal); to enter, come in; to come; 1a to come with; 1a to come upon, fall or light upon, attack (enemy); 1a to come to pass; to attain to; to be enumerated; to go; (Hiphil); to lead in; to carry in; to bring in, cause to come in, gather, cause to come,; bring near, bring against, bring upon; to bring to pass; (Hophal); to be brought, brought in; to be introduced, be put

53 or 613
באסמיך : storehouse, barn

133 or 613
בגבורת : strength, might; strength; might, valour, bravery; might, mighty deeds (of God)

בגברות : strength, might; strength; might, valour, bravery; might, mighty deeds (of God)

בגברתו : strength, might; strength; might, valour, bravery; might, mighty deeds (of God)

בהרות : freckles

בודאם : to devise, contrive, invent (bad sense); (Qal); to devise; to contrive

53 or 613
בוששה : to tarry, be late

בותרה : be cut down, dissected, divided

ביארת : to explain, clarify, elucidate

ביראת : fearful, dreadful; respecting, venerating

ביראת : fear, terror, fearing; fear, terror; awesome or terrifying thing (object causing fear); fear (of God), respect, reverence, piety; revered

בראתי : to create, make, form

בראתי : to create, shape, form; (Qal) to shape, fashion, create (always with God as subject); of heaven and earth; of individual man; of new conditions and circumstances; of transformations; (Niphal) to be created; of heaven and earth; of birth; of something new; of miracles; (Piel); to cut down; to cut out; to be fat; (Hiphil) to make yourselves fat

ברותה : a place near Hamath; a city belonging to Hadadezer

בריאת : healthy, sound, fit, well, hale, lusty, bonny; stout, robust; wholesome, nutritious, healthful, hearty (laugh)

בתורה : law, direction, instruction; instruction, direction (human or divine); body of prophetic teaching; instruction in Messianic age; body of priestly direction or instruction; body of legal directives; law; law of the burnt offering; of special law, codes of law; custom, manner; the Deuteronomic or Mosaic Law

גדום : amputated, crippled, cut off

53 or 613
גדרות : fence, railing, stockade, palisade

גדרות : wall, hedge; sheepfold (construct with 'sheep')

גודם : to cut off, sever, amputate

53 or 613
גודרת : to fence, enclose; close a gap; restrain

גורדת : to scrub, rub, scrape

גים : Gardens; parks

53 or 613
גיפפתם : to caress, hug, embrace; to encircle

613 or 1173
גירת : to proselytize, convert to Judaism

גישש : to feel, grope; scout

גלקסיית : galaxy

גרתי : to live, dwell, stay with, lodge

גרתי : to sojourn, abide, dwell in, dwell with, remain, inhabit, be a; stranger, be continuing, surely; (Qal); to sojourn, dwell for a time; to abide, stay, temporarily dwell; (Hithpolel); to seek hospitality with; to assemble oneself; to stir up trouble, strife, quarrel, gather together; (Qal); to stir up strife; to quarrel; (Hithpolel) to excite oneself; to dread, fear, stand in awe, be afraid; (Qal); to fear, be afraid; to be in awe, stand in awe

גששי : scout, scouter; path-finder, tracker

דגום : sampled

53 or 613
דוגם : to sample

53 or 613
דוגמניך : model , poser, sitter

133 or 613
דוגרת : to hatch, incubate, brood; to sit long hours

דורגת : be graded, classified, gradated; terraced

דרגות : degree, rank, level, grade, rating; step, notch; stage, plane

דרגתו : degree, rank, level, grade, rating; step, notch; stage, plane

דשדשה : trample, trudge, tread

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well?

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number H4139 matches the Hebrew מוּלָה (muwlah), which occurs 1 time in 1 verse in the Hebrew concordance

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G4061 matches the Greek περιτομή (peritomē), which occurs 36 times in 32 verses in the Greek concordance

I believe if Jesus was circumcised that settles it. Who better to know the truth than the son of God himself? Had it been something he would have stated would profit the faithful in his new testament covenant in future, Jesus would not have been circumcised. His parents would have been instructed as to God's will. But they were not so they followed God's law.
Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Luke 2:21 And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

John 7:20-27 The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” 21 Jesus answered them, “I did one work, and you all marvel at it. 22 Moses gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If on the Sabbath a man receives circumcision, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because on the Sabbath I made a man's whole body well? 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do I need to post more, or do you get the point?

thank you for the link! this will help me to learn even more about the numbers.

גלקסיית : galaxy

this one gives me great delight! i see a picture of the logos and all his children the stars all forming one galaxy. I had already heard that the stars in the heavens where the law/words of God as well! and that angels read the heavens. or like each star is a letter and they form one huge word! amazing.

if you only attempt to connect the words without contemplating them and drawing the various connections that they have I can see why you would not trust gematria very much. however for one to deny the spiritual truths in the numbers of the hebrew and the greek is to deny God being a divine influence and you would think that people would open their eyes when Christ called himself the "Logos" but I am not surprised at all if people do not see the connections of the numbers of the bible and assume there to be nothing there at all. they also refuse to see the connections of the words/stories/symbols in the bible and they can not seem to see the how deeply integrated everything in the bible is. however for people that have eyes to see, they will know that numbers do in fact mean things, even if it is all not totally clear. it is not hard to believe that God is the one ordering all things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are assuming that God plays with numbers like you do.

I play and God plays with me ;) also clement of alexandria played with numbers as well as jesus. we all play together, come play with us!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Steve Petersen
You are assuming that God plays with numbers like you do.
I play and God plays with me ;) also clement of alexandria played with numbers as well as jesus. we all play together, come play with us!
:D

Best post yet!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe if Jesus was circumcised that settles it. Who better to know the truth than the son of God himself? Had it been something he would have stated would profit the faithful in his new testament covenant in future, Jesus would not have been circumcised. His parents would have been instructed as to God's will. But they were not so they followed God's law.
Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Luke 2:21 And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

John 7:20-27 The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” 21 Jesus answered them, “I did one work, and you all marvel at it. 22 Moses gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If on the Sabbath a man receives circumcision, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because on the Sabbath I made a man's whole body well? 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
So are you for circumcision or not?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by seeking Christ
I will never be able to look at water filters the same way again. You people have defiled my virgin ears! :runcry:

(Just kidding, but ... what a topic?!?)
Yeah, and I really shouldnt be here (hard to keep a straight face on some stuff) but that question was really bugging me. "How on earth does one undue a circumcision"? I was like what the heck? Did they save it and put it on ice to reattach it later or something?

It was really bothering me^_^

Then I saw Lambs thread and said to myself, oh just do it and just ask there.

Perhaps I should make a thread on that :idea:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by seeking Christ
You know I have never thought about that passage, "uncircumcision." I just always assumed it meant those who hadn't been circumcised, and never thought about it again. Odd, because I normally have to question everything ^_^
I do that, overpass a thing or two sometimes. Like, alrighty I am sorta not getting him here (but it dont seem too significant).
And I might do that a few times till I get tired of rereading it (at some point) and then finally be like... yanno...really, whats up with that?^_^

Its got to irk me or something (at some point). lol

Has it irked ya yet?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by annier
One was from the fathers in the foreskin of the flesh, the other from the holy spirit, in the foreskin of the heart.
A Gentile would profit nothing in Christ, to become circumcised, The promise,made to Abraham to become a father of many nations was not through works of the law. A Jew would prophet nothing in Christ to become uncircumcised, the promise to Abraham was never abolished by the law.
Very well put :thumbsup:
I agree :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At one time, circumcision was a good "weapon" to use to help take over a city.
Remember this event in Genesis 34?

Genesis 34:
24 And unto Hamor, and unto Shechem his son, hearken do all those going out of the gate of his city, and every male is circumcised, all those going out of the gate of his city.
25 And it cometh to pass, on the third day, in their being pained, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, take each his sword, and come in against the city confidently, and slay every male;
26 and Hamor, and Shechem his son, they have slain by the mouth of the sword, and they take Dinah out of Shechem's house, and go out.

Interesting the term "by mouth of a sword" is also used in Luke 21:24 of the Olivet Disourse

Luke 21:24 And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Reve 11:2/13:10]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Fireinfolding
Yeah Paul was circumcised (after the manner of the flesh) also but taught circumcision (after the flesh) or uncircumcision (after the flesh) is nothing

These were teaching you cant be saved except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

One was with hands the other was without hands (of the heart) and in the spirit and not to be judged after the flesh (but of those who put no confidence in the flesh) were the circumcision in truth (and in heart) by the Spirit.
One was from the fathers in the foreskin of the flesh, the other from the holy spirit, in the foreskin of the heart. A Gentile would profit nothing in Christ, to become circumcised, The promise,made to Abraham to become a father of many nations was not through works of the law.

A Jew would prophet nothing in Christ to become uncircumcised, the promise to Abraham was never abolished by the law.
I like the sound of that :)

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This zombie thread (what is it with all these zombie threads?) seems to be referring to Galatians 5:2-4: "Take note! I, Paul, tell you that if you get yourselves circumcised, Christ will not benefit you at all. Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to keep the entire law. You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace."

Paul is saying here that those who wholly or partially follow Judaism will not be saved by the death of Christ.

Calvin comments on the Galatian teaching which Paul is criticising: "They were not so grossly mistaken as to believe that by the observance of the law alone they were justified, but attempted to mix Christ with the law. In any other point of view, Paul’s threatenings would have utterly failed to produce alarm. 'What are you doing? You deprive yourselves of every advantage from Christ, and treat his grace as if it were of no value whatever.' We see then that the smallest part of justification cannot be attributed to the law without renouncing Christ and his grace."

Upvote 0