if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know I have never thought about that passage, "uncircumcision." I just always assumed it meant those who hadn't been circumcised, and never thought about it again. Odd, because I normally have to question everything ^_^

I do that, overpass a thing or two sometimes. Like, alrighty I am sorta not getting him here (but it dont seem too significant). And I might do that a few times till I get tired of rereading it (at some point) and then finally be like... yanno...really, whats up with that?^_^

Its got to irk me or something (at some point). lol

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ezekiel 32 mentions uncircumcised a lot in this chapter.
Anyone notice that?

Ezekiel 32:
20 “They shall fall in the midst of those slain by the sword;
She is delivered to the sword,
Drawing her and all her multitudes.
21 The strong among the mighty
Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell
With those who help him:
‘They have gone down,
They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
24 “There is Elam and all her multitude,
All around her grave,
All of them slain, fallen by the sword,
Who have gone down uncircumcised to the lower parts of the earth,
Who caused their terror in the land of the living;
Now they bear their shame with those who go down to the Pit.

28 Yes, you shall be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised,
And lie with those slain by the sword.
29 “There is Edom,
Her kings and all her princes,
Who despite their might
Are laid beside those slain by the sword;
They shall lie with the uncircumcised,
And with those who go down to the Pit.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 32 mentions uncircumcised a lot in this chapter.
Anyone notice that?

Ezekiel 32:
20 “They shall fall in the midst of those slain by the sword;
She is delivered to the sword,
Drawing her and all her multitudes.
21 The strong among the mighty
Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell
With those who help him:
‘They have gone down,
They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
24 “There is Elam and all her multitude,
All around her grave,
All of them slain, fallen by the sword,
Who have gone down uncircumcised to the lower parts of the earth,
Who caused their terror in the land of the living;
Now they bear their shame with those who go down to the Pit.

28 Yes, you shall be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised,
And lie with those slain by the sword.
29 “There is Edom,
Her kings and all her princes,
Who despite their might
Are laid beside those slain by the sword;
They shall lie with the uncircumcised,
And with those who go down to the Pit.

Gen 17:23-27 has more of circumcised between its 4 verses if we are counting words (and their opposites) now ^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus Ezekiel 32 mentions uncircumcised a lot in this chapter.
Gen 17:23-27 has more of circumcised between its 4 verses if we are counting words (and their opposites) now ^_^
Well then, we shall tackle that tomorrow!
G'nite :wave:

Upvote 0
A

annier

During the era of the Greek domination of Israel, many Jews had their circumcision reversed surgically to prove that they were Hellenized. This according to Josephus.

You can see how the whole idea of circumcision became a POLITCAL statement.
Uncircumcision was to take away the sign of the Abrahamic promises. It was sign of his faith, in the covenant promises of God.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Uncircumcision was to take away the sign of the Abrahamic promises.
It was sign of his faith, in the covenant promises of God.
:thumbsup: :amen:
Paul elaborates on that in Romans 4, in conjuction with circumcision/uncircumcision. :angel:

Romans 4:
9 [Is] this happiness, then, upon the circumcision, or also upon the uncircumcision -- for we say that the faith was reckoned to Abraham -- to righteousness?
12 and father of circumcision to those not of circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of the faith, that [is] in the uncircumcision of our father Abraham.
13 For not through law [is] the promise to Abraham, or to his seed, of his being heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith;
16 Because of this [it is] of faith, that [it may be] according to grace, for the promise being sure to all the seed, not to that which [is] of the law only, but also to that which [is] of the faith of Abraham,

Abraham-circumcision.jpg

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
What can I say.
I am a procrastinator...why do something today when I can do it later :)

Am I helping? Just wanted to bump up your thread?^_^
And don't think I do not appreciate that! :thumbsup: :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anything you want to talk about or do you just like to see these fall and rise (again and again)? lol
Guess I am just enamored with the snipping of the tallywacker for reason. :)
Women are lucky they do not have to go thru that....

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess I am just enamored with the snipping of the tallywacker for reason. :)
Women are lucky they do not have to go thru that....

We are very lucky, childbirth is such a breeze in comparison (**refrains from posting laughy face**)

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take your bottom lip & pull it up over your head if you want to know what childbirth is like. I don't even remember my circumcision.

Not to spin this out of control, but I'd like to mention female circumcision being a current real crime against humanity that is still a huge problem, especialy in Africa, & even among Christian Africans. I met a pastor of a church in a large American city who was convinced it is a good thing.

Another side note,... In the book I think it's called "Eyelids of Morning" about Africa, a completely unclothed bushman explains that in his society, he isn't considered naked until he extended beyond his foreskin. With a conscience, a person can restrain their instincts.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

LLOJ, when I first looked at your OP I thought you were purposely separating the word circumcision and it made me consider the meaning of the word.

Circumcision = circumci-sion. To circumvent is to circle around something. In this case it is to circle Sion...also known as Zion...Mt. Zion which is where He stands. Fascinating!

Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.
Every male child was to be physically circumcised when eight days old on pain of death [Lev.12:3]. Spiritually it refers to all of us for to be in the kingdom of God (whether male or female) we must be circumcised on the eighth day (the millennium) on pain of spiritual death! Again, fascinating!

As pointed out previously, circumcision now is that of our hearts, in the spirit.
Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

When we are circumcised in that manner then.....

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

As the Israelites were circumcised...to circle, circumvent and spread His word....we too are called to observe circum-sion. We are to teach and "come unto mount Sion."

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
here is a copy and past from The Number 613 that teaches that circumcision and the law are all interlinked with many other things and the law has always been the true circumcision but men who are carnal only see the vail and so instead of worshiping in Spirit and Truth, they trample upon the spiritual law of God and instead follow after the letter and shadow of the reality, that reality that has always been. this reality had chiefly been manifest after Jesus Christ died and rose again. now the Holy Spirit empowers many believers to see the true reality of the torah, which can never be obeyed correctly according to the literal understanding. the number connections show plainly that Jesus Christ is the Logos and Law of God. the number 613 speaks volumes about the true reality of this entire age and what is happening and has been happening.

The Number 613​

And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:
I Kings 2.3

The First Covenant​

The Prime Number 613 is the Jewish Number par excellance. It is the Number that the Jews themselves recongize as characteristic of their faith, since it is the Number of Commandments in the Torah (cf. the Aish Hatorah list or the Jew Faq list or for a list of all 613). This is an ancient tradition that goes back to at least the 2nd Century AD and is common knowledge amongst all Jews to this day.

The assertion that there are exactly 613 Commandments In the Torah is actually a mathematical identity, fully satisfying to the most discerning of intellects:

In the Torah
00613H_InTheTorah.gif
= 613
B'Torah

This identity is amplified in the value of the common title of Moses the Lawgiver:

Moses our Rabbi
00613H_MosesOurRabbi.gif
= 613
Moshe Rabbeinu

The meaning of the Number 613 finds its ultimate meaning in the Jewish Tradition in the title of the ultimate Author of the Torah - note this title specifically refers to the God of Israel:

The Lord God of Israel
00613H_TheLordGodOfIsrael.gif
= 613
YHVH Elohi Yisroel

Now the great miracle of God is that He designed the Greek language to integrate with the meaning revealed in Hebrew, and to bear witness to the Truth of the Gospel to the Jews in a way that no one could ever deny. The New Testament often refers to the Jews as the Circumsicion because this was the sign of the First Covenant. We read (Romans 2.25f):

For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The exact word written is:

Circumcision
00613G_Circumcision.gif
= 613
Peritome

It is extremely important to meditate upon the implication of these identities. All Jews know that if any number marks the Jews, it is the Number 613! To then find this is the numerical value of the Greek word for circumcision can be seen as nothing less than the Work of the LORD GOD OF ISRAEL! Oh Israel! Return to thy Lord!

Yet there is more! The Hebrew letters are used to indicate the order of things, such as first and second Samuel which are written as Samuel A and Samuel B in the Hebrew Tanakh. Thus, the First Covenant - which is Cicumcision - would be written as:

The First Covenant
00613H_BritA.gif
= 613 = Circumcision
B'rit Aleph

The Light of the Law​

Scripture declares that the Torah is Light. The New Testament makes this clear, revealing how the Light of the Law reveals our Sin. Indeed, the Law is Holy, and Just and Good. The first occurrence of the Number 613 in the text of Scripture is found very early in Genesis, when God saw the Light, that it was good:

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

We have the identity:

The Light
00613H_TheLight(acc).gif
= 613
Et HaAur

This is the essential light - indicated by the Aleph Tav. The same idea is expressed in the opening verse of Psalm 27 (note 27 and 207 are the ordinal and standard values of Aur):

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

We have the identity:

My Light and My Salvation
00613H_MyLightAndMySalvation.gif
= 613
Auri VeYeshoi

The Number 613​

The Lord God of Israel
00613H_TheLordGodOfIsrael.gif

YHVH Elohi Yisroel

The First Covenant
00613H_BritA.gif

B'rit Aleph

Circumcision
00613G_Circumcision.gif

Peritomei

In the Torah
00613H_InTheTorah.gif

B'Torah

Moses our Rabbi
00613H_MosesOurRabbi.gif

Moshah Rabbeinu

And Aaron shall bear
00613H_AndAaronShallBear.gif

I created
00613H_ICreated.gif

The Light (acc)
00613H_TheLight(acc).gif

Et HaAur

My Light and my Salvation [Ps 27.1]
00613H_MyLightAndMySalvation.gif

Auri VaYeshoi

Great King (Sof)
00613H_GreatKing.gif

Melekh HaGedol

The Nobleman
00613G_TheNobleman.gif

High and lifted up
00613H_HighAndLiftedUp.gif

I will sing praise to thy Name
00613H_IWillSingPraiseToThyName.gif

Great Riches
00613H_GreatRiches.gif

I have written
00613G_IHaveWritten.gif

In the fear of
00613H_InTheFearOf.gif

That which you fear
00613H_ThatWhichYouFear.gif

Mine enemies round about me.
00613H_MineEnemiesRoundAboutMe..gif

The Outcasts of Israel
00613H_TheOutcastsOfIsrael.gif

Thy First Father Hath Sinned
00613H_ThyFirstFatherHathSinned.gif

Factors of 613: Prime​

Last edited:
Upvote 0