if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
During the era of the Greek domination of Israel, many Jews had their circumcision reversed surgically to prove that they were Hellenized. This according to Josephus.

You can see how the whole idea of circumcision became a POLITCAL statement.

Okay so they were performing the same "reverse my circumcision" back then?

What did folks do back then have the men pull down their pants and show them their stuff to prove it? ^_^

Just sounds so weird, penis obsessed or something

So basically those who were circumcised were putting more merit on being uncircumcised then right?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I remember a long time ago there was a thread somewhere on CF concerning Jesus' circumcision and what happened to His foreskin.

According to this article, there seems to be a way to have preserved foreskins?

There is even "The Feast of the Circumcision"! WAT DA HECK!

Holy Foreskin! Whatever Happened to Jesus’ Foreskin?

For some strange reason, however, the Vatican grew less and less supportive of relics, particularly foreskins. In 1900 the Vatican suggested that foreskins encouraged “irreverent curiosity” and that, somehow, this was a bad thing. Generally the foreskin fever died down with the lack of official encouragement, although it didn’t disappear entirely. One church in Italy kept up the worship right through the 1980s — and each year the relic was exposed to the adoring crowds during the Feast of the Circumcision.

There really is such a feast! Wow!

Originally Posted by MoreCoffee
Yes, such a feast exists.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia on the Feast of the Circumcision of the Lord
The Feast of the Circumcision of Christ is a Christian celebration of the circumcision of Jesus in accordance with Jewish tradition, eight days (according to the Semitic and southern European calculation of intervals of days) after his birth, the occasion on which the child was formally given his name.

The circumcision of Jesus has traditionally been seen, as explained in the popular 14th century work the Golden Legend, as the first time the blood of Christ was shed, and thus the beginning of the process of the redemption of man, and a demonstration that Christ was fully human, and of his obedience to Biblical law.

The feast day appears on 1 January in the liturgical calendar of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It also appears in the pre-1960 General Roman Calendar, and is celebrated by some churches of the Anglican Communion and virtually all Lutheran churches.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Fireinfolding What the heck?
During the era of the Greek domination of Israel, many Jews had their circumcision reversed surgically to prove that they were Hellenized. This according to Josephus.

You can see how the whole idea of circumcision became a POLITCAL statement.
Fascinating stuff there. Thks!
Guess I have to look up Josephus on that.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
they tried to stomp out snipping in one of those wars, i forgot the name of it, but it made the jewish people value it all the more, from what I have read.
Find the source for us, ok? Pretty please :) :bow:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay so they were performing the same "reverse my circumcision" back then?

What did folks do back then have the men pull down their pants and show them their stuff to prove it? ^_^

Just sounds so weird, penis obsessed or something

So basically those who were circumcised were putting more merit on being uncircumcised then right?
Anyone remember this thread?
It was hilarious a lot of times ^_^

http://www.christianforums.com/t7576320-10/#post57989047
Paul the Circumciser (Acts 16v3)
Originally Posted by cyberlizard this time I will approach the question from a completely different angle...

Acts states that, (16v3) Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he (Paul) circumcised him... after all he was Jewish with a Jewish mother.
Steve

p.s. for the Mods please don't change the title as it is perfectly biblical.
Why are MJs and SDAs so obsessed with circumcision now :confused: Just curious

http://www.christianforums.com/t7575828/
Paul, concerning circumcision (thread rename from "Paul the cutter!")
Originally Posted by Dan the Man Do you honestly think that whether or not your tally-whacker is trimmed has anything to do with anything??? Come on now. Think about how ridiculous that is.
No matter what the bible or torah or whatever says about circumcision, do you really think you'll go to hell if you have a little extra foreskin?? I think there are a lot bigger things to worry about in life, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Find the source for us, ok? Pretty please :) :bow:

i can't remember, i am a commentary nut and i loose track of where i read stuff because of all my intense, exhaustive, ever exalted studying..:D, maybe recorded in macabees?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you being circumcised seek to become uncircumcised its like a reverse Moses, both need to be done by the hands of men to be accomplished (and merited)
I have seen programs where men arrested for sex crimes were identified because of tatoos, birthmarks, moles etc on their tallywacker.

Which brings to mind this movie.
I don't dare post the utube video here of a scene in the movie "Porky's" concerning a wanted poster being drawn up to be put out for a teen boy's tallywacker. Hilarious! :D
Just do a search on google

"porky's tallywacker youtube"

comment on one of the sites:

How many takes did it take to finish this scene, 2 MILLION? I can see the actors, camera men, boom operators, ALL falling on the floor laughing take after take! "Incriminating mole on tallywacker scene, take 1million,394thousand,590 and action!LOL!

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0
A

annier

Yeah Paul was circumcised (after the manner of the flesh) also but taught circumcision (after the flesh) or uncircumcision (after the flesh) is nothing

These were teaching you cant be saved except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

One was with hands the other was without hands (of the heart) and in the spirit and not to be judged after the flesh (but of those who put no confidence in the flesh) were the circumcision in truth (and in heart) by the Spirit.
One was from the fathers in the foreskin of the flesh, the other from the holy spirit, in the foreskin of the heart. A Gentile would profit nothing in Christ, to become circumcised, The promise,made to Abraham to become a father of many nations was not through works of the law. A Jew would prophet nothing in Christ to become uncircumcised, the promise to Abraham was never abolished by the law.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One was from the fathers in the foreskin of the flesh, the other from the holy spirit, in the foreskin of the heart. A Gentile would profit nothing in Christ, to become circumcised, The promise,made to Abraham to become a father of many nations was not through works of the law. A Jew would prophet nothing in Christ to become uncircumcised, the promise to Abraham was never abolished by the law.

Very well put :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by cyberlizard

as to why I like to discuss circumcision, the answer is more simple than you might think....

these threads are by far the most popular. without threads which create a hot bed of disagreement and debate, this forum would be more boring than a trek through the Arctic after you have eaten all the huskies.

Steve

p.s. Paul's threads are all about these topics, but we do not stop reading his letters because he covers the same ground time and time again do we?
I agree. I think we should have more of them to liven up GT a bit :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will never be able to look at water filters the same way again. You people have defiled my virgin ears! :runcry:

(Just kidding, but ... what a topic?!?)

Yeah, and I really shouldnt be here (hard to keep a straight face on some stuff) but that question was really bugging me. "How on earth does one undue a circumcision"? I was like what the heck? Did they save it and put it on ice to reattach it later or something?

It was really bothering me^_^

Then I saw Lambs thread and said to myself, oh just do it and just ask there.

Upvote 0