if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah Paul was circumcised (after the manner of the flesh) also but taught circumcision (after the flesh) or uncircumcision (after the flesh) is nothing

These were teaching you cant be saved except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

One was with hands the other was without hands (of the heart) and in the spirit and not to be judged after the flesh (but of those who put no confidence in the flesh) were the circumcision in truth (and in heart) by the Spirit.
:thumbsup:
Daniel 2 mentions something about that also :angel:

Dan 2:34
"You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces.
Dan 2:45
"Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold--the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this.
The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure."

Mar 14:58
"We heard Him say, 'I will destroy this sanctuary made with hands,
and within three days I will build another made without hands.' "
Col 2:11
In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've seen Galatioans 5:1-4 before someplace .... some thread :p:p
Perhaps this one?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7411599-20/#post53687054
Book of Galatians

GALATIAN CHAPTER 5

Slight variances in this verse between 3 of the Greek texts.

#4739 used 9 times in 9 verses according to ISA. 2 times in Gospels [Mark...the KJV condordance only shows 1 time in Mark], 7 times in Epistles of Paul.

Galatians 5:1 To the freedom then the Christ us frees.
Standfast-ye/sthkete <4739> (5720) and no again to yoke of slavery be ye entailing!.

Greek New Testament - Parallel Greek New Testament by John Hurt

Textus Rec.) Galatians 5:1 th eleuqeria oun h cristoV *hmaV* hleuqerwsen sthkete *** kai mh palin zugw douleiaV enecesqe

Strong's Number G4739 matches the Greek &#963;&#964;&#8053;&#954;&#969; (st&#275;k&#333;), which occurs 8 times in 8 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

4739. steko stay'-ko from the perfect tense of 2476; to be stationary, i.e. (figuratively) to persevere:--stand (fast).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
if you observe Circumc*sion, Christ will profit you nothing.

Oh no! :doh: I have always had trouble with that word :sorry: :D
Drat! They changed the thread title, but included an asterisk where I left out a letter "circumcsion" ^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What the heck?

I just had to ask, this...

1Cr 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised.

How on earth does a man become uncircumcised (being circumcised)?
Hmmm, interesting.

I decided to look it up in the greek text.
The greek word used for "uncircumcised" in that first part is completely different than the one used for "uncircumcised" in the 2nd part.

The ESV uses "seek to remove the marks". This is the only verse in the NT that uses that greek word.

Online Bible and Online Bible Search - Olive Tree Bible Software

(Greek T-R) 1 Corinthians 7:18 peritetmhmeno" ti" eklhqh mh epispasqw
en akrobustia ti" eklhqh mh peritemnesqw

ESV) 1 Corinthians 7:18
Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision/epispasqw <1986> (5737).
Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised/akrobustia <203>? oLet him not seek circumcision.

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

1986. epispaomai ep-ee-spah'-om-ahee from 1909 and 4685; to draw over, i.e. (with 203 implied) efface the mark of circumcision (by recovering with the foreskin):--become uncircumcised.
1909. epi ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc
4685. spao spah'-o a primary verb; to draw:--draw (out).

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, interesting.

I decided to look it up in the greek text.
The word used for "uncircumcised" in that first part is completely different than the one used for "uncircumcised" in the 2nd part.

The ESV uses "seek to remove the marks"

Online Bible and Online Bible Search - Olive Tree Bible Software

(Greek T-R) 1 Corinthians 7:18 peritetmhmeno" ti" eklhqh mh epispasqw
en akrobustia ti" eklhqh mh peritemnesqw

ESV) 1 Corinthians 7:18
Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision/epispasqw <1986> (5737).
Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised/akrobustia <203>? oLet him not seek circumcision.

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

1986. epispaomai ep-ee-spah'-om-ahee from 1909 and 4685; to draw over, i.e. (with 203 implied) efface the mark of circumcision (by recovering with the foreskin):--become uncircumcised.
1909. epi ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc
4685. spao spah'-o a primary verb; to draw:--draw (out).

What does that mean though Lamb? ^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What the heck?

they used to revese the surgery somehow, i don't want to know how, but they did, no joke.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
they used to revese the surgery somehow, i don't want to know how, but they did, no joke.
A few serious comments here [just don't go down this page too far :D]

Can you get uncircumcised? - Yahoo! Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

The answer is "sort of." You can never get an actual foreskin back, but with tissue expansion (sort of like stretching but not quite), you can get the remaining skin on your penis lengthened enough to protect your glans from rubbing all the time on your clothing, and that means that the glans will regain some of its sensitivity.

The problem is that it takes a long time -- from several months to about two years, and you have to be very diligent about it. But a lot of men find it well worth the hassle. For more information on what foreskin restoration can and cannot do, take a look at http://www.norm.org -- good luck to you!

You people who are showing your ignorance about this procedure and its advantages should also visit this site. It is not odd at all that a man should want to have a more natural, more sensitive penis, and that's what restoration is all about.

=======================================

Technically I suppose they probably could take skin from another part of your body and create a foreskin but yikes! It would cause some serious tenderness in an already tender area. It may take a while to heal too.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

The answer is "sort of." You can never get an actual foreskin back, but with tissue expansion (sort of like stretching but not quite), you can get the remaining skin on your penis lengthened enough to protect your glans from rubbing all the time on your clothing, and that means that the glans will regain some of its sensitivity.

The problem is that it takes a long time -- from several months to about two years, and you have to be very diligent about it. But a lot of men find it well worth the hassle. For more information on what foreskin restoration can and cannot do, take a look at http://www.norm.org -- good luck to you!

You people who are showing your ignorance about this procedure and its advantages should also visit this site. It is not odd at all that a man should want to have a more natural, more sensitive penis, and that's what restoration is all about.

Technically I suppose they probably could take skin from another part of your body and create a foreskin but yikes! It would cause some serious tenderness in an already tender area. It may take a while to heal too.

well...ouch!:o

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So basicaly Paul was like stop minding your flesh (dont seek to stretch flesh over your penis) and if you had extra skin there dont bother taking it off (as if it profited any)

That sounded weird^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
well...ouch!:o
I remember a long time ago there was a thread somewhere on CF concerning Jesus' circumcision and what happened to His foreskin.

According to this article, there seems to be a way to have preserved foreskins?

There is even "The Feast of the Circumcision"! WAT DA HECK!

Holy Foreskin! Whatever Happened to Jesus&#8217; Foreskin?

But then some astute theologian &#8212; or was it a businessman? &#8212; realized that not all of Jesus&#8217; body could have been actually transported up to Heaven. Jesus was, after all, a faithful Jew, and as such, he would have been circumcised like every other boy. So where was his foreskin? Whatever happened to that bit of divine flesh?

In the end, it was Charroux who &#8220;won&#8221; the battle of the foreskins when Pope Clement VII (1523-1534) issued a bull granting indulgences to any and all who made a pilgrimage to the Charroux foreskin. Just think &#8212; you could have sins forgiven by God just for getting a glimpse at a bit of severed genitalia!

But then tragedy struck: the foreskin went missing! The relic disappeared from Charroux for centuries and was thought to have been stolen. What kind of a sicko would steal a foreskin? (Of course, the same could be asked of anyone who would display one for money.)

Then, in 1856, a lucky workman discovered the reliquary hidden inside a wall, perhaps put there to protect it during the many religious wars. I wonder if that workman had his sins forgiven for the discovery? Nineteenth century Catholics hadn&#8217;t grown out of their taste for relics, and a new church was built to house the tiny ringlet of flesh. Monsignor Pie, who spoke at the dedication ceremony, informed the excited crowd that if they looked closely, they could still see a bit of coagulated blood on the holy flesh.

For some strange reason, however, the Vatican grew less and less supportive of relics, particularly foreskins. In 1900 the Vatican suggested that foreskins encouraged &#8220;irreverent curiosity&#8221; and that, somehow, this was a bad thing. Generally the foreskin fever died down with the lack of official encouragement, although it didn&#8217;t disappear entirely. One church in Italy kept up the worship right through the 1980s &#8212; and each year the relic was exposed to the adoring crowds during the Feast of the Circumcision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
What the heck?

During the era of the Greek domination of Israel, many Jews had their circumcision reversed surgically to prove that they were Hellenized. This according to Josephus.

You can see how the whole idea of circumcision became a POLITCAL statement.

Upvote 0