If you knew orthodoxy was true would you convert ?

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,149.00
Faith
Christian
I honestly believe unless orthodox are truly behaving Christlike a good enough number of them all Protestants would be saved if they have not each had met a good Christlike orthodox but if they were we would be the only chosen people and saved. I can not say whether we are or not. Regardless Protestants can still be saved even if we are acting Christlike if they have not been witnessed. We could act Christlike without witnessing that is sharing our faith when people would be open to listening. We have to feed the hungry

But orthodox must remain orthodoxy that the whole tree benefits from the richness of the root

So will you use the excuse orthodox are not behaving either Christlike or witnessing ? Only God knows the truth and if you really cared for the truth (you being part of the body of Christ though not in the church because you would want to be) then when they are and when or if God calls you to it (depending on the reality) seeing it good you will join
You will always be open to listening as we must be to you. If we will really end up being members of one another in reality in the sight of God then without each other we will suffer for paul says we are not independent and jesus said by this will all men know you are my disciples if you have love for one another. Therefore if you not hate but are not loving to any orthodox even he be priest at all times forever not loving for no reason if he don't deserve it and avoid them I can not think you to be part of the body ever but God alone knows what you are excused for because God alone knows if they have been Christlike and not been too scary to hear from them but
you can hear from other orthodox or Christ Himself will speak to you in situations about them and change your mind about them if you are following Christ and care for the truth
Us orthodox however have no excuse for we have no family pressure not to be orthodox and we had been chosen to keep the faith and or other reasons I hope to mention later if need be
We have no reason to criticise the priests out of fear it is not understandable only understandable for you. We know them
We can trust them but it can be understandable for all of you not to if that is the reality which God knows

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou
If you believe scripture teaches communion would you convert to orthodoxy ? What is stopping you ?
I do believe the scriptures teaching about the Eucharist and I believe the early church practice as witnessed by the early church fathers. If you are referring to one of the eastern churches by the word "orthodox", what does my believing as I stated have to do with converting?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Thankyou
If you believe scripture teaches communion would you convert to orthodoxy ? What is stopping you ?
If I believed Oriental Orthodoxy were true, of course I would convert. I think everyone would answer the same.

However, you guys are not the only ones to believe in Real Presence.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If I believed Oriental Orthodoxy were true, of course I would convert. I think everyone would answer the same.

However, you guys are not the only ones to believe in Real Presence.

If you believed that Orthodox Judaism was true, would you convert to it?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If you believed that Orthodox Judaism was true, would you convert to it?
IF IF IF I believed it were true. At one point in my life I DID believe it was true, and did go that route. However, it is not true, and I am no longer there, am I?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
IF IF IF I believed it were true. At one point in my life I DID believe it was true, and did go that route. However, it is not true, and I am no longer there, am I?

Correct. The point is that everyone is engaged in their particular faith community because they believe it to be true. Should their belief change, then they join the faith community they then believe to be true.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,149.00
Faith
Christian
When a person speaks truthfully in the name of God and we speak evil of him are we especially those not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries said in epistle of jude because we want to justify a certain characteristic of us which may be false tolerance. I have failed to teach the fear of God but maybe only some should teach others should be silent and always done with love.

I have discovered this about myself. Speaking evil in this case does not mean speaking evil of one person only but also on his teaching if it is from God... because we notice those condemned in Jude and Peter epistle are those who want others to walk after uncleaness which is why they speak evil I don't think anyone was really aware how bad our religious freedom will be compromised though I taught it will.. now they can persecute.. I thought the church when teaching about homosexuality though right at the time I questioned if it is right but now I know we shouldn't be falsely tolerate but I thought it wrong because the church should show more compassion because I just thought it should defend against bullies and speak severely against hating them.. I wrongly doubted the churches teaches in rejecting tolerances because I thought homosexuals may live a hard life s adressing them seemed somewhat mean or hard..but the church is commited to teaching against rejecting repentant ones even for marriage and even if they reject for marriage which they have a right to if they think them playing games if God wills them for marriage he can open one heart... next they may seek the priesthood by claiming repentance if they err I hope we can excommunicate them .. anyway God gives many gifts to repentance they don’t have to seek marriage .. they should be happy they are released from the responsibility of marriage and having to bring up children in the fear of God.. that is not important in God eyes for rewards if it not your calling many of our highest saints were single/monastic ..I don’t know if our church now I made the priests look bad just for teaching against it.. and that hurts orthodoxy...
Note I never approved of homosexuality

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If I believed that Shi'ite Islam were true, I'd convert to that too. How could anybody just walk away from what they believed to be true?

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,149.00
Faith
Christian
There is a purpose for the priesthood I believe church provides safety for all Christians even outside by the blessing of God if they learn from it and especially if they are true seekers of God will hearing others while not judging Protestants for their choice to be outside the church until they be sure

Outside the church is a zigzag way to heaven that is you can easily fall off the straight way because you are laying again foundations that have already been layed and one can not be sure his interpretations are true. Much time is wasted but in little time you can grow big in church perhaps and I mean in understanding
I do not believe all Protestants are lacking for I hope God will guide and give who is worthy but he is sure to receive who follows the church

There really may be no excuse to not join the church if you believe it is true and your parents are not sick and etc if there is more
Still you should always seek God will

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums