If you keep sinning after you are saved are you still saved?

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You should know by now just being Christian goes against all we are, but Jesus wants to head us into a different direction.

As I said in another post somewhere..because some say it stands to reason we can live in sin because we all sin, it's still no excuse to sin. There's a difference between ongoing unrepentant sin and sin of temptation, then repent and try not to do it again, sin. It's short sighted and self serving when some lump them all together and just say "we can't help but sin so it must be ok as long as we have faith", and so many here do just that.

But I suppose those who would like to think they can sin and get away with it, will always think on their own level...the one that works for them but ignores so much.

IMO

The longer I walk in faith and see Faith Alone in Jesus, as salvationally sufficient in my life, and see the things that the Wonderful Holy Spirit does in peoples lives... The more I understand what Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

Why people desire to exalt their flesh is beyond me! Why people cast stones from glass houses, boggles my mind!

I don’t run my dirty drawers up a flag pole for all to see, and I hope that when I die, my stinking bones are burned or buried... far from a whited sepulcher!

How anyone could bind people back to the Law of Sin and Death, when all people fail Daily, is beyond me.

The attitude that says “my dirty drawers are less dirty than your dirty drawers” just plain STINKS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Those with new hearts will not live a life without repentance. So no need to try to scare people with a false gospel.
Amen!
Christian a new heart and a new spirit.jpg
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

If there's no new heart, there's no new birth.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What i see as a common trait among these sin free, repenters, is they love to be judgemental and state who is and who is not saved.

They must be constantly on the phone line with God getting up dates on everyone's salvation status.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMO

The longer I walk in faith and see Faith Alone in Jesus, as salvationally sufficient in my life, and see the things that the Wonderful Holy Spirit does in peoples lives... The more I understand what Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

Why people desire to exalt their flesh is beyond me! Why people cast stones from glass houses, boggles my mind!

I don’t run my dirty drawers up a flag pole for all to see, and I hope that when I die, my stinking bones are burned or buried... far from a whited sepulcher!

How anyone could bind people back to the Law of Sin and Death, when all people fail Daily, is beyond me.

The attitude that says “my dirty drawers are less dirty than your dirty drawers” just plain STINKS!

Your going on with the same, very old excuse to sin, not only that, you try to shame anyone that simply speaks the truth with false comments...always the way with OSAS. And once again, false comments it the only way to defend a false teaching.

Actually show me where I so much as even slightly indicated my sin was less than yours/anyone's? That, of course, will go down as another of many questions you cannot answer because what you claimed was, as usual, false. I don't even recall specially mentioning any one of my sins, much less in the context you refer to. Seems I wouldn't be able to compare sins at all without mentioning them, meaning, you chose to purposely be untruthful in order to open things up to make your quoted post fit in the conversation when it simply did not.

Second and third question, and they pertain to exactly this:

Were those who wrote the following scriptures comparing sin, or airing their dirty laundry?

Contrary to what you claim, are the following, not "laws", laws that end in "death"? Laws that we are "bound" to not live in regularly without repentance, of which the penalty is Hell/"death"? The following is in the bible, so in my view, it's true.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

Gal 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:3-6 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No sexually immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your going on with the same, very old excuse to sin, not only that, you try to shame anyone that simply speaks the truth with false comments...always the way with OSAS. And once again, false comments it the only way to defend a false teaching.

Actually show me where I so much as even slightly indicated my sin was less than yours/anyone's? That, of course, will go down as another of many questions you cannot answer because what you claimed was, as usual, false. I don't even recall specially mentioning any one of my sins, much less in the context you refer to. Seems I wouldn't be able to compare sins at all without mentioning them, meaning, you chose to purposely be untruthful in order to open things up to make your quoted post fit in the conversation when it simply did not.

Second and third question, and they pertain to exactly this:

Were those who wrote the following scriptures comparing sin, or airing their dirty laundry?

Contrary to what you claim, are the following, not "laws", laws that end in "death"? Laws that we are "bound" to not live in regularly without repentance, of which the penalty is Hell/"death"? The following is in the bible, so in my view, it's true.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

Gal 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:3-6 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No sexually immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

The Anathema rejection of Christ’s sufficiency to Save, Alone... is the harlot that men join themselves to. Does one not know that their body is the temple of God?

Cheating on God isn’t my idea of a profitable endeavor.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there's no new heart, there's no new birth.

True, but only partly.

There is a new birth and temptation causes them to fall away from their new hearts.

Meaning, and as the prior scripture makes perfectly clear, they should be afraid, even terrified if it helps them to get back on track. But at the pearly gates, once it's too late, you all tell that to those who wrote the above NT scripture in post 304 and see if you can get them to back off trying to scare people in order to keep them from being locked out..

Geez, and this isn't necessarily directed at you at all, but do some of you not want us teaching exactly what the bible says?? Seriously, show me how I'm wrong with that, and I'll be happy to change it? Anyone?

What i see as a common trait among these sin free,

Sin free? Even though you have read over and over again we all sin, as well as know by default we are not sin free, and on to top that, no one claimed to be? Why would you make such a claim knowing full well it's not true? Honest question..Does OSAS allow you to exercise the right to do that and anything else without concern?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Anathema rejection of Christ’s sufficiency to Save, Alone... is the harlot that men join themselves to. Does one not know that their body is the temple of God?

Cheating on God isn’t my idea of a profitable endeavor.

More words.

I left a comment in my last post, and would like for you to "show me where I'm wrong" in the prior paragraph I'm referring to there. And yes that is a question I feel you all must be able to answer with details on where I erred. So, again, please do that, and if you cannot, your point is only talk with no biblical defense whatsoever. Fair enough?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
More words.

I left a comment in my last post, and would like for you to "show me where I'm wrong" in the prior paragraph I'm referring to there. And yes that is a question I feel you all must be able to answer with details on where I erred. So, again, please do that, and if you cannot, your point is only talk with no biblical defense whatsoever. Fair enough?

I answered it with Spiritual Verbiage.

To be in the flesh is to not be 100% in Christ.

You have to cast the slave woman out! You are reading Paul, while under the Law! You read fornication as fornication, adultery as adultery, murder as murder...

The Prostitute is what Paul calls “Any other Gospel”. He gives it away when he pens Galatians 5:4!

I’m trying to keep it Simple! There’s the Law of Sin and Death, old Covenant... and the Law of Christ. There’s no in-between!

No man can serve two masters!

When Faith Alone in Christ proponents speak plain from scripture... people of Anathema Gospels shoot fiery darts of ACCUSATIONS at them.

The Devil HATES that Faith in Jesus Saves! He wants all those stone 613 to condemn every person of Creation! He is angry and writhing to deny the simplicity of the Gospel! The Devil killed his own hold over mankind when He falsely accused The Son Of God to death! (Hebrews 2:14 1 Corinthians 2:8)

It takes faith to read the Bible in the Spirit, as it seems like foolishness to those who are still focused on the commandments and the Law as they read!

Only those who have realized that they are without Hope, in themselves or their flesh find this out! It is God’s mechanism to deliver the Gospel to the Truly Humbled!

This is my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Geez, and this isn't necessarily directed at you at all, but do some of you not want us teaching exactly what the bible says?? Seriously, show me how I'm wrong with that, and I'll be happy to change it? Anyone?
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God. Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you.
— Ezekiel 36:25-29

Go ahead and change.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="Kenny'sID, post: 74036280, member: 385191"
Sin free? Even though you have read over and over again we all sin, as well as know by default we are not sin free, and on to top that, no one claimed to be? Why would you make such a claim knowing full well it's not true? Honest question..Does OSAS allow you to exercise the right to do that and anything else without concern?[/QUOTE]

Are you a stone thrower? , you state that believers are loosing their salvation because of sin in their lives.
When there is not a single example of a believer loosing their salvation in the Bible.
So you have knowledge outside of the Bibles revelations, that has revealed to you that you know believers are loosing their salvation.

and being that stone throwers are to be with out sin.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God. Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you.
— Ezekiel 36:25-29

Go ahead and change.

Change? Why? Why did you leave out the beginning of that, and grab it just after what made it a special situation to a special people for the special reason of God being concerned about his name? He even said specifically he didn't do it for them, but for himself.

Here it is: https://biblehub.com/kjv/ezekiel/36.htm

A New Heart and Spirit

22Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Definitely, what I would say is undeniably a special situation, it has that written all over it. Though Gods purpose there is clearly different from what it is to us, lets assume that was specifically for us. Are you saying God was going to let them sin ongoing as they like without repentance and still go to heaven? What, among all that shows anything I said is wrong in any way? Did they not have laws with extreme penalties? i'm not seeing what you're getting at?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Change? Why? Why did you leave out the beginning of that, and grab it just after what made it a special situation to a special people for the special reason of God being concerned about his name? He even said specifically he didn't do it for them, but for himself.

Here it is:

A New Heart and Spirit

22Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Definitely, what I would say is undeniably a special situation, it has that written all over it. Though Gods purpose there is clearly different from what it is to us, lets assume that was specifically for us. Are you saying God was going to let them sin ongoing as they like without repentance and still go to heaven? What, among all that shows anything I said is wrong in any way? Did they not have laws with extreme penalties? i'm not seeing what you're getting at?
I know you don’t get it. It doesn’t fit with what you believe.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="Kenny'sID, post: 74036280, member: 385191"
Sin free? Even though you have read over and over again we all sin, as well as know by default we are not sin free, and on to top that, no one claimed to be? Why would you make such a claim knowing full well it's not true? Honest question..Does OSAS allow you to exercise the right to do that and anything else without concern?

Are you a stone thrower? , you state that believers are loosing their salvation because of sin in their lives.
When there is not a single example of a believer loosing their salvation in the Bible.
So you have knowledge outside of the Bibles revelations, that has revealed to you that you know believers are loosing their salvation.

and being that stone throwers are to be with out sin.

Of course there is example of some losing salvation, I already showed you and you went into one of those bizarre denials I keep talking about. I have less and less interest in trying to convince someone who is no longer capable of seeing what it right there in front of them....waste of time.

Go back to our conversion where you stopped posting, and see some of your posts there, and I suggest others do the same, and you can ask them how sensible your posts actually were in denying that fact. If you aren't convinced still, I'd have to ask why you stopped responding right in the middle of our discussing that? Was there touchy questions? What?

The people in the following can be saved, fall away, and do those things as a lifestyle, lose their salvation and go to hell for living in sin because they were tempted by the world after salvation. I already showed you where folks were clearly saved for a time, then tempted by the world and fell away but you went into complete denial on what was spelled right out for you so, I'm not going to do that again for you, the time/information would be wasted.

Saved or not, it's clear what happens to those that do those things. if you can't see it, you made it that way

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know you don’t get it. It doesn’t fit with what you believe.

Did I not try to get you to help me get it? Did I not ask some questions that went unanswered? Why? Yet you now excuse yourself with just that? So, do I not "get it" because you can't get behind your claim at all, or do I not get it because you left it at that and won't even attempt to explain there is anything to "get" to begin with.

All I wanted was for you to clear it up for me, and I got what I got in reply, so what am I supposed to think?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Did I not try to get you to help me get it? Did I not ask some questions that went unanswered? Why? Yet you now excuse yourself with just that? So, do I not "get it" because you can't get behind your claim at all, or do I not get it because you left it at that and won't even attempt to explain there is anything to "get" to begin with.

All I wanted was for you to clear it up for me, and I got what I got in reply, so what am I supposed to think?
You should be thinking that you can do nothing and Christ has done it all.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Of course there is example of some losing salvation, I already showed you and you went into one of those bizarre denials I keep talking about. I have less and less interest in trying to convince someone who is no longer capable of seeing what it right there in front of them....waste of time.

Go back to our conversion where you stopped posting, and see some of your posts there, and I suggest others do the same, and you can ask them how sensible your posts actually were in denying that fact. If you aren't convinced still, I'd have to ask why you stopped responding right in the middle of our discussing that? Was there touchy questions? What?

The people in the following can be saved, fall away, and do those things as a lifestyle, lose their salvation and go to hell for living in sin because they were tempted by the world after salvation. I already showed you where folks were clearly saved for a time, then tempted by the world and fell away but you went into complete denial on what was spelled right out for you so, I'm not going to do that again for you, the time/information would be wasted.

Saved or not, it's clear what happens to those that do those things. if you can't see it, you made it that way

I have already refuted your post on that by showing that these type of believers lost their inheritance not their son-ship. Son-ship and inheritance are not the same not in life not in the Bible.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So a person walks up to you and ask you i want to go to heaven, what do i need to do.

So what do you tell that person what is your gospel you tell them to get to heaven.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should be thinking that you can do nothing and Christ has done it all.

I'd reply but with the all talk and no backing it up, there isn't much point. If you should decide to have a fair exchange of Q&A let me know, otherwise there is no debate here at all, only a do what i say.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'd reply but with the all talk and no backing it up, there isn't much point. If you should decide to have a fair exchange of Q&A let me know, otherwise there is no debate here at all, only a do what i say.
You need scripture to show that Christ has done it all? Seriously?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have already refuted your post on that by showing that these type of believers lost their inheritance not their son-ship. Son-ship and inheritance are not the same not in life not in the Bible.

No you didn't show me that. The scripture only comments on them not Inheriting the kingdom of God, nothng more.

I remember now, you never would give me a straight answer on what inheriting the Kingdom of God meant to you...right? Even after I went to some trouble to explain in detail what it mean to me (as if it's not crystal clear right out of the box) Wanna tell me what it means to you now? Make it simple and to the point.

Upvote 0