• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured If you keep sinning after you are saved are you still saved?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Neostarwcc, Jun 11, 2019.

1. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+166
    Christian
    Single
    I can agree with you Grip. What do you mean though by faith to faith?

2. Grip Docility

Grip Docility Well-Known Member

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We are our own god's, of similitude to Satan, until we hear the Gospel.

Upon hearing the Gospel, we can reject it or accept it.

Upon accepting the Gospel, we are drawn by the Father to walk by Faith, and not by Sight.

Jesus is the Gate, The Father begins His redemptive work of having us rely completely on His Son, through the communion of (Ephesians 1:13 ; Romans 8:9).

If we turn at any point, as the Father is drawing us into full reliance on the Son and revert back to the idea that our Flesh is subject to the sin of law and death, or attempt to turn others to their Flesh... being subject to the sin of law and death... we re-exalt ourselves and/or satan as our god.

Faith to Faith is seen here... (2 Corinthians 12:9)

We see Paul resolved by Christ that his flesh has no part in his salvation. The harder that Satan attempts to snatch Paul from God, the more resolved Paul becomes in God. Paul hands satan over to God, and no longer fights a war of flesh and blood.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    No I don't see, explain. Show your scripture/be specific.

4. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Do you agree with the scripture I posted?

5. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+166
    Christian
    Single
    Which is the anti-Christ now sitting on the throne of our hearts.

6. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Spiritually, I understand exactly what you are saying and agree.

7. Kenny'sID

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    I already did right there but there was mention of "If you wan to see it" and clearly you will not. I guess I forgot for a moment I was dealing with OSAS here so, let me TRY to explain:

Lets say a person is saved, and they decide to do whats in the following scripture I already brought up here, as a lifestyle. IOW, they were tempted by the world after they were saved something that does happen. Those people, unless they repent, will not see the Kingdom of God. And no, it doesn't say they will lose their son-ship as you call it, but it speaks volumes about losing salvation/eternal life, and so clearly, I'm baffled I need to even explain it to you.

Now it you are claiming not seeing the Kingdom of God is not the same as not seeing salvation or eternal life in the end, I' doubt I can help you, as that is the classic denial OSAS resorts too when they get cornered, and it's near impossible to deal with denial like that.

However, IF that is the case, please tell me how that can be and I'll give it a shot.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

8. Kenny'sID

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    Post the scripture and explain your claim. Can you just do that instead of dragging it out?

9. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ephesians 2:8-10

Is there a need to add to this scripture? I assumed scripture would be taken at face value from what you had written.

10. Kenny'sID

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    You're stalling, clearly you were wrong and are now afraid you cannot back up what you claimed. If and when you do that, we can move on.

11. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    James 2:10 states that the entire 613 Mitzvah law falls upon the shoulders of all who do not root in the mercy of Christ towards self and others. (When read in full James context)

Guess whats in the law?

12. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ephesians 2:8-10

Do you agree with this passage of scripture?

I posted the scripture and asked if you agreed with it. Is this a difficult question? Is pure scripture so difficult to agree with?

13. Kenny'sID

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    Get to the point.

If you disagree please tell me what you disagree with and why. The things you keep posting seem to be no more than posts that say very little.

14. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Interesting.

15. James Murphy

James Murphy LCMS Lutheran

+378
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "But in town it was well known when they got home at night their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives....."
    - R. Waters

16. Grip Docility

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wanted to hit the laugh emoji, as well! :D

But, yes, people snap to one sided judgment, so rapidly, without knowing the full picture. :oldthumbsup:

You could say, some people have Spiritual "Walls" up. :p

17. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Show me your definition of the Kingdom of God
    Is the Kingdom of God defined in the Bible as receiving eternal life.
    If so please show that verse or verses that state that receiving eternal life is the same as the kingdom of God.

18. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Here is a little Issac Watts for desert.

Neither the acts of love, or zeal, or repentance, or fear, or worship, or any other acts of obedience, are appointed as the means of our justification, because these actions carry in them an appearance of our doing something for God, our answering the demands of some law; and this would make our justification by a law of works: but faith is that act of soul whereby we renounce our own works as the ground of our acceptance; acknowledging our own unworthiness, and giving the entire honor to Divine grace. We are saved by grace, that God may have the glory of all.

Isaac Watts 1674-1748

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Kenny'sID

+5,005
    Christian
    Single
    :)

We know it has a meaning because it's in the bible, and I think to most people that want to understand what it is it's simple to define as just what the words say, God's Kingdom. Burt let's start with the basics for you. "King" a king is a ruler. "God" God is our creator, so in turn Kingdom of God is where God is the ruler over his people, those saved. Understand the connection there? If that is still confusing to you.... A kingdom of people that is run by God exclusively, not by Satan in any part.

EDIT:

We can have that Kingdom of God here on earth between Christians and the Kingdom of God in Heaven. If we don't make it to the Kingdom wherever it may be, where life is eternal, then we won't have eternal life.

What does the term mean to you?

20. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+61
    Christian
    Single
    Abraham was a personal friend of Gods. God had the covenant with Abraham. Abraham was promised he would be the father of many nations. Him and his wife Sara were promised a child

Abraham made many mistakes along the ways. Twice he lied about Sara being his sister (out of fear he would get killed if he didn't). Sara grew impatient waiting for God to deliver the promised child and suggested to her husband that he has a baby with her maid Hagar. And so Abraham did

Abraham being a personal friend of the Lords and having the covenant still made these mistakes

Abraham represents a piece of everyone of us. When Adam and Eve bit the apple it was like a glass shattering and everybody got some of the brokenness. We are only redeemed through Jesus, we are forgiven for our sins. Sin is part of our nature and its unavoidable

Learning the word and devoloping a closer relationship with God will help us sin less but we are all sinners and we all fall short of the glory of God

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List