• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

If You Have Been Thru Any Kind Of Abuse Pls Participate Here...(Moved)

LilBoo

Mar 12, 2007
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟17,215.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, blessings.
If you have been thru any kind of abuse pls participate here. If you havent pls dont.
The reason why im doing this is to pray for each other and support each other.
Write in a paper each user name here and pray daily for healing of our wounded emotions and memories.
I was sexually abused as a child by neighbor, i never told my family but that wounded my emotions badly. I was also brought up in a very disfunctional family, never really knew what a real christian family was. Because of this i always felt that i wasent worth nothing, until i gave my life to Jesus. God has restored my life and He helps me to keep healing on a daily basis. Lil Boo:groupray:
P.S. Please let's pray for each other daily, i believe in the power of prayer...

encouraging loves animals

formerly known as encouragng_angels
May 31, 2004
South East Victoria
Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I was abused by a old Indian Grandma-I was so young I don't remember! My mum told me! My grandpa doesn't like Indians for this reason-he thinks there all Bad. I know for the fact that most Indians are very loving people and have a very special Indian friend. All my friends are special in there own individual way.

Upvote 0

LilBoo

Mar 12, 2007
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟17,215.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will be praying for all of you. There is good people and bad people everywhere. But no matter what we have been thru Jesus is always there to forgive us and love us and heal us. He wants to heal our wounded emotions and give us beautiful blessings that He has in store for us. We are his precious children and He loves us so much....

Upvote 0

Surviving

Veteran
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟10,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think that this is a great idea. Is there anyway that we can keep a running list in the first post, so that we can get updated anytime anyone wants adding to the list?

Put me on the list as well. I was sexually abused twice. Once when I was 2 and the other between the ages of 7 and 11.

Surviving

Upvote 0

colormebeautiful

Your Grace is Enough
Mar 23, 2007
Naperville
Visit site
✟8,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone :wave: I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering. I was also sexually abused, from age 5-13 by my stepdad.

Grace and healing to us all. :groupray: I believe that although God is sad that this happened to me, he is using it for his glory and my greater benefit.

-Jen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7kingskid7

here i am, send me
Apr 20, 2007
Australia
✟16,264.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hi all i have also been sexually abused by a 14 year old boy (i was around 7 or 8) who lived down the road and wat made it worse was when he came over mum told me he was a great kid (if only she knew then) and so i used to let him do it more thinking it was a good thing because he is a good kid i will be praying for u all God bless

Upvote 0

restlesslilly

Mar 21, 2007
Pennsylvania
✟15,339.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I will be praying for everyone here.

Please add me to the list as well though.

Abused physically, mentally, and sexually. By three different men ages birth-5 yrs.13-15. and 16-18.

Also, currently living with a male roommate who is verbally abusive and has sexually harassed me and one of my visiting nieces in the past. Living with two friends as well as him and we support each other and no longer are alone with him ever. Thank God, though, only 15 more days of having to ever see him again.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bianca01

Jan 10, 2007
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great idea LilBoo. I need prayer and will be praying.

My older brother molested me from 10-12 and again as a teenager. I have forgiven him then taken it back. He also put ideas in my head when I was younger about the devil and death that haunted me. He made me paranoid that I was always being followed. He was on drugs and partied a lot back then. I think he still smokes pot. He has never acknowledged this or apologized. Unfortunately, I do not feel safe confronting him. I avoid family functions just to avoid being around him.

I guess my biggest hurdle is getting over this "creepy" feeling like I am marked and not worth it. I deserve to live up to my full potential and to be happy, but, it's easier said then done because it's like a tape playing in my head telling me otherwise.

Thank you for all the prayers. :prayer:

Upvote 0

angels007

May 12, 2007
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My sisters and I were all abused by our father when we were children. He is no longer living but our Mother is and we all hate her, somewhat. She never did anything to protect us. We all have some hatred for him, as well.
The scars remain and this still affects our lives, even today.
We all need healing and to let go of the anger. We need to move on with our lives. This is hurting us, not the abusers.
Please pray for all of us.
I will pray for everyone on this board and am thankful for this board.
God bless everyone here.

Upvote 0