• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

If you drive an expensive car you're probably a jerk, scientists say

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Johnboy53, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,134
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    The science is looking pretty unanimous on this one: Drivers of expensive cars are the worst.

A new study has found that drivers of flashy vehicles are less likely to stop and allow pedestrians to cross the road -- with the likelihood they'll slow down decreasing by 3% for every extra $1,000 that their vehicle is worth.

People who drive expensive cars behave worse, study finds - CNN

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,668
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Hardly surprising. The advertising is mostly an appeal to ego. The egotistical are more selfish and arrogant. Not so much when you get to the really expensive cars. They don't want to scratch the Rolls....

3. Paulus59

Paulus59 Member

+254
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I'm not surprised by that finding. It's a total waste of money to buy an expensive car when you can get the same quality from a Hyundai at a much lower price. Expensive cars are generally an extension of someone's ego, like the big houses, etc.

4. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+780
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So let that be a warning to you. Watch out for those scientists who drive flashy cars; but the CNN executives get the flashiest ones.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+780
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Hyundais don't come stock with glass floors; so that you can get live footage of the expressions on the pedestrians' faces; as you roll over them. That inhibits scientific research; and it doesn't make for entertaining news stories.

6. Cimorene

Cimorene An American living the American Dream in Canada Supporter

+5,864
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lol so there's not much fear anybody is gonna think I'm a jerk bc of the car I drive.

I'm just super proud of myself bc I bought a car by myself for the 1st time. It's an Impreza. I like it! It's the cheapest car Subaru makes, lol. And mine is used. But it's mine!

7. Paulus59

Paulus59 Member

+254
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Good on you Cimorene and I hope that car proves reliable and gives you many years of happy driving.

PS: If you see any expensive cars, just crash into them.

8. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Member

+107
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    WOOHOO.
    I don't drive a car and therefore can't be a jerk. (don't mention this to my wife/chauffeur)

9. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,815
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    The world teaches if you can afford it or let's even say if you can very easily afford it (because you have lots of money) then buy luxury items, pamper yourself..

But the Saints in the Bible says if you have money to spare, use it to help a fellow brother or sister (another Christian) in need or in distress.

The less we spend on our selves, the more we can spend on those calling on to God for help...

Having the talents to make money is a responsibility, not a personal privilege. Reward isn't now. Today is the test. Tomorrow, the judgement.

10. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,321
    Christian
    Sounds like an each way bet rather than a comprehensive study.

Besides, people who don’t like the way I drive should just stay off the footpath :ebil:

11. Trogdor the Burninator

+1,321
    Christian
    Depends what you define as quality, and what you want from a car. Personally I find huge oversized gas guzzling SUVs far more indulgent and wasteful than a sporty or luxury car. A lot of their drivers are worse too, at least in my experience.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Trogdor the Burninator

+1,321
    Christian
    Imprezas are great cars. Subaru in general make good if quirky cars, going all the way back to the Leone and Brumby

13. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+13,633
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Obviously I’m a great guy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+4,667
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    If I can, I'm going to keep my '03 Tacoma until we're all using self driving cars.

I wonder if expensive self driving cars will be less likely to stop for peds?