Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The science is looking pretty unanimous on this one: Drivers of expensive cars are the worst.

A new study has found that drivers of flashy vehicles are less likely to stop and allow pedestrians to cross the road -- with the likelihood they'll slow down decreasing by 3% for every extra $1,000 that their vehicle is worth.

People who drive expensive cars behave worse, study finds - CNN

Reactions: Pioneer3mm

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The science is looking pretty unanimous on this one: Drivers of expensive cars are the worst.

A new study has found that drivers of flashy vehicles are less likely to stop and allow pedestrians to cross the road -- with the likelihood they'll slow down decreasing by 3% for every extra $1,000 that their vehicle is worth.

People who drive expensive cars behave worse, study finds - CNN
Hardly surprising. The advertising is mostly an appeal to ego. The egotistical are more selfish and arrogant. Not so much when you get to the really expensive cars. They don't want to scratch the Rolls....

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,889.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I'm not surprised by that finding. It's a total waste of money to buy an expensive car when you can get the same quality from a Hyundai at a much lower price. Expensive cars are generally an extension of someone's ego, like the big houses, etc.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not surprised by that finding. It's a total waste of money to buy an expensive car when you can get the same quality from a Hyundai at a much lower price.

The Hyundais don't come stock with glass floors; so that you can get live footage of the expressions on the pedestrians' faces; as you roll over them. That inhibits scientific research; and it doesn't make for entertaining news stories.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Lol so there's not much fear anybody is gonna think I'm a jerk bc of the car I drive.

I'm just super proud of myself bc I bought a car by myself for the 1st time. It's an Impreza. I like it! It's the cheapest car Subaru makes, lol. And mine is used. But it's mine!

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,889.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol so there's not much fear anybody is gonna think I'm a jerk bc of the car I drive.

I'm just super proud of myself bc I bought a car by myself for the 1st time. It's an Impreza. I like it! It's the cheapest car Subaru makes, lol. And mine is used. But it's mine!

Good on you Cimorene and I hope that car proves reliable and gives you many years of happy driving.

PS: If you see any expensive cars, just crash into them.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not surprised by that finding. It's a total waste of money to buy an expensive car when you can get the same quality from a Hyundai at a much lower price. Expensive cars are generally an extension of someone's ego, like the big houses, etc.

The world teaches if you can afford it or let's even say if you can very easily afford it (because you have lots of money) then buy luxury items, pamper yourself..

But the Saints in the Bible says if you have money to spare, use it to help a fellow brother or sister (another Christian) in need or in distress.

The less we spend on our selves, the more we can spend on those calling on to God for help...

Having the talents to make money is a responsibility, not a personal privilege. Reward isn't now. Today is the test. Tomorrow, the judgement.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,452.00
Faith
Christian
Its a total waste of money to buy an expensive car when you can get the same quality from a Hyundai at a much lower price.

Depends what you define as quality, and what you want from a car. Personally I find huge oversized gas guzzling SUVs far more indulgent and wasteful than a sporty or luxury car. A lot of their drivers are worse too, at least in my experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,452.00
Faith
Christian

Imprezas are great cars. Subaru in general make good if quirky cars, going all the way back to the Leone and Brumby

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom