• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

If you do not eat pork, Christ will profit you nothing

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by LittleLambofJesus, May 28, 2013.

1. bugkiller

bugkiller Well-Known Member

+2,590
    Non-Denom
    But pork is white save the ham. I do not know why either.

bugkiller

2. Rev Randy

Rev Randy Sometimes I pretend to be normal

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Yes they do call it the new white meat. But that only pertains to yorkshire hogs. Hampshire have red meat. The wild ones are pretty red as well. They (commercial yorkshire) are bred for the light meat appearance and milder taste.
    Kinda like yellow skin on a chicken. It's not really natural.

3. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What is the difference between a hog and a pig? One is bigger? I am more of an avid beef eater myself, tho I do love bacon wrapped filet mignon.........

Fast forward to the 4:20 mark to show some Cajun shooting a swine to cook for their Cajun feast:

Cajun Song from the Movie 'Southern Comfort' - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  4. YeShallTread

YeShallTread Well-Known Member

+174
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican

LOL. I just provided the quote in which God told Noah...have ye not read? Allow me to re-quote it for you along with the question you cannot answer without admitting you are in error....

Is that how you provide a non-answer in lieu of an answer? Sorry, it doesn't work. Please read the words and then tell me...should you continue to use it when attempting to justify your mistaken belief that all foods have been cleansed?
    Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

EVERY moving thing that LIVETH you believe is acceptable to consume? How do you deal with that?
    I ask again...how do you deal with that?

I truly despise abbreviations. What is COI? I am assuming it has something to do with the Israelites? If yes then you should consider.....there is no difference in children of God. As they followed Him out of Egypt...we too follow Him. What applied to them applies to us. The Words given them are given us. The bodies of the Israelites are no different than our bodies. What harms them harms us.

God does not change His mind and Moses is reliable. It is your understanding that is way off base.

5. Rev Randy

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    COI is either Children of Israel or a fancy carp that people keep in fake ponds but the latter might be spelled wrong. You know those fish kids spit at and the nasty things come up and eat it.

6. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    Mhm, I've never thought about that so far. I've always eaten pork. In sausages for breakfast in pasties etc. - And bacon of course! :) The Tyrol (Austria, Europe), is famous for its bacon. - Not everyday, but quite often.
    For me it's always been clear that pork's allowed in Christianity, and not forbidden like in Islam or Judaism.

And since I've never thought about the food-laws, I also wouldn't know which other foods'd be forbidden, if I would stick to the Mosaic food laws.

Esdra

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  7. Rev Randy

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My doctor gave me a very long list. When he finished, I said, " So doc, you're saying if it taste good, spit it out?" He said , "Well basically yes.":doh:

8. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    Your doctor gave you a list which foods are forbidden according to the Mosaic law?

But, :D, I can imagine that. Isn't it always like that that the foods which taste best, are not good for your health? ;) ^_^

9. MariaRegina

MariaRegina Well-Known Member

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    The way pigs are raised today especially in the USA with dangerous growth hormones, I will not touch one, or I would be testing the Lord.

10. YeShallTread

YeShallTread Well-Known Member

+174
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican

Thank you RR. Carp are nasty fish...also on the do not eat list. I think it's spelled KOI.

11. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    Aren't Koi-carps those very expansive japanese ornamental carps?

These here: [​IMG]

12. LittleLambofJesus

+28,305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What would worry me is if I started to "oink" after eating pig.... :D

According to Muslims, we are what we eat :p

http://www.christianforums.com/t2885502-44/#post23233639
    Why Christians do eat pork despite its forbidden in the bible?!!

*snip OP*

[​IMG]

13. Rev Randy

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    No, I don't think he was quoting mosaic law. I don't think even he believed or upheld the list he rambled off. I think all he didn't list were Rice cakes and gefilte fish. I tried the rice cake. The box tasted better. The gefilte fish just looked like great big balls of greasy grimey gopher guts.

14. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    If the rice-cake is something like this, that's really delicious. ;) I sometimes have it as a snack in front of the TV instead of crisps. :)

15. Rev Randy

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Those didn't look so bad. These looked like:[​IMG]
    But they had a picture of a quaker on the pack. Odd as I've not ever seem a Quaker eating a rice cake.

16. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    LOL.

Well, either with salt or chocolate they're fine as a snack. ;)

17. LittleLambofJesus

+28,305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Guess I will have to try them sometime....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  18. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+6,017
    Messianic
    Private
    Look at Acts 15. There, as "baby steps" for nonJewish converts Paul tells them, for one thing, to refrain from strangled meat and blood. Why? He was upholding the Mosaic food laws which say that we are not to eat blood. Strangled meat still has the blood in it. In Acts 21 Paul reiterates this to the agreement of the Jerusalem counsel.
    There is 0 in the Bible saying the food laws have been changed. The animals that are clean really are clean. That is some of two stomachs, the better to process the food, no mammal have soft feet which can pick up parasites & other pathogens from the ground. Lobsters, pigs etc. eat doo doo. Ya wanna eat that 2nd hand? Rhetorical Q.

Now people will cite Peter's meat on the sheet dream and say we can eat anything we want. Notice his dream is after the Ressurection and he declares, vehemently, that he has never eaten anything unclean!

Well, his dream was no more about meat than Pharoah's Baker's dream was about bread. In Scriptures the interpretation is given for dreams. The interpretation of Peter's dream was given and the words "This means..." are used in 2 separate cases to make it exactly clear what the dream was about. It was about "unclean" pagans of all kinds that were being accepted into the Kingdom.

Praying for us all to eat what is healthy and clean.

As for those who say the Law is ended, yeal right. Not. So, like they think they can steal, murder, worship other gods, even Satan? Let's get real. If you will check the KJV (not later translations which may omit the politically incorrect word "Moses") you will see Paul taking a Mosaic vow to show that, contrary to what people were saying about him (just like today) he kept the Law of Moses. And those who want to say Well, he was just being a Jew to the Jews, do Scriptures ever make any such claim? No, from the "Old" Testament on, the same Laws applied to the native born and the convert. And the "New" Testament tells us there is "neither Greek nor Jew". If Paul didn't keep the Law he was lying to those people and I'm not buying that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  19. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    And you think Paul didn't eat anything, when he was at Cornelius' house in Acts 10:23 ff? He preached long to the gentiles there, and the slaves surely also gave them something to eat and drink.
    I think one has to interpret Acts 10:9-16 not only in the light that Paul was allowed by God to enter a gentile house, but also to eat with them (and they most certainly served "unclean food" as well!)

Concerning Acts 15: As far as I know this list is for Gentile Christians living together with Jewish Christians.
    At least this is how I've interpreted these verses until now.
    Nowadays, there are hardly no Jewish Christians left, so the Gentile Christians can basically eat what they want.
    I've been risen Christian, and it has always been clear to me that we are not bound by the Mosaic food laws. Never gave a single thought about that topic, until I heard about SDA and (now here) Messianic Jews.

20. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,560
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    And not pork, or any other food considered unclean according to the Jewish laws.

Interestingly that letter also told the converts not to eat food that was offered to idols; Paul was present when it was discussed, written and sent and he took it to the churches. Yet some years later, he told the Corinthians that they could do this if they wished because an idol meant nothing.