• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

If you do not eat pork, Christ will profit you nothing

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by LittleLambofJesus, May 28, 2013.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Rev Randy

Rev Randy Sometimes I pretend to be normal

+442
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I only eat pork that's been seasoned with bacon.
    [​IMG]

3. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    'And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.' (Acts 10:15, KJV)

4. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :)

God must have made an exception to that somewhere along the way

http://www.christianforums.com/t7714737-3/#post63155381

"Delicious bacon wrapped piggies in a blanket"

[​IMG]

5. Optimax

Optimax Senior Veteran

+441
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Pork ribs anytime, all the time!!!! :clap: :yum: :yum:

6. bugkiller

bugkiller Well-Known Member

+2,590
    Non-Denom
    Take a peek at the Joel Osteen thread.

bugkiller

7. WisdomTree

WisdomTree Philosopher

+126
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Mmm, pork...

8. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Praise the LORD! :amen:

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
    Strong's Number G2840 matches the Greek κοινόω (koinoō), which occurs 17 times in 12 verses in the Greek concordance
    1) to make common
    a) to make (Levitically) unclean, render unhallowed, defile, profane b) to declare or count unclean

9. seeingeyes

seeingeyes Newbie

+613
    Christian
    Married
    I love the way you worded this title. It sounds like bacon is necessary for salvation. ^_^

10. Esdra

Esdra Senior Contributor

+1,326
    Austria
    Catholic
    Single
    It absolutely is. ;-) :-D
    Pork ribs- yummy. :)

11. bugkiller

bugkiller Well-Known Member

+2,590
    Non-Denom
    Just as necessary as the Sabbath and less damaging in regard to salvation as a requirement.

bugkiller

12. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Great find! Thanks.... :thumbsup:

13. Shimshon

Shimshon Well-Known Member

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Acts 10:15 and Matt 15:11 does not teach or say that the food laws mattered not. Not if your really honest with the text. No more than Ex 8:19/31:18 and Deut 9:10 states God the Father has a body with fingers. Just sayin'....if you want to pick on lawkeepers, you should use something that really stands against them, like not loving the unlovable. Sorry to burn your strawman LLOJ, but it is what it is. It's not the food laws that matter, but that which flows from the heart. THIS is the point of the text, if your honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Whatever you say bro.

Let's get back on the topic of pork. What is your view on Christians eating it? Are we breaking any of God's commands or ordinances by consuming it?
    [This is about for health reasons btw]

15. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I see Christians eating it all the time. :thumbsup: :p Were you ever commanded to not consume it?

My point is if you were never commaned not to, then proving where your released from that command is no point at all. Hence my mention of burning straws. Ever suck through a burning straw? (dares you to find a picture of that... :D )

16. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I feel like I do that every time I come on GT :p ^_^

So do you not eat pork because of Judaism?

[​IMG]

17. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,263
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Fath without bacon is dead faith.

18. LittleLambofJesus

+28,311
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Nice! :D

19. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Is that Will Ferrell? Yikes! The Lion of Dudah!!

Yes, I don't eat pork, shellfish, and maintain a biblical kosher diet, as opposed to a rabbinically kosher one. Because I was raised Jewish, yes. But not because I believe the covenant made with my fathers at Sinai is still binding upon me. I do this because I was raised this way, and my observance has nothing to do with following Torah commands, but because it's been the custom of my family. It's the way I was raised, and that has nothing to do with my righteousness in the sight of the Father. Because I do not connect observance to the Sinai covenant with being found righteous in God's sight. I connect observance to the covenant made through Yeshua on Mt. Zion as how one is made righteous in God's sight. As such, arguing over Torah commands like the pharisees' did is a mute point to me. Those who were supposed to know the law in and out had not a clue about the righteousness and glory of God that walked among them and filled their hearts. Same today it seems, nothing new under the sun. I am free from the law of sin and death, and alive to the law of Messiah. Enough said? I think not...... ;)

If you accept circumcision, Messiah will profit you nothing.... This does not mean that being Jewish is being severed from Messiah. It means if you 'accept' that you 'must' be circumcised to be accepted by God you have missed the message of Messiah, and it will be of no advantage, both the message of Messiah AND your cirumcisional attempt to follow the law and be accepted by God for such.

Because in Messiah being a Jew or being of the nations means nothing. Faith working through love is the only thing that has meaning to God now. Faith in Messiah's words, which taught us to love all. We are known by our love for one another. Not by our observance to Torah commands.

20. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,263
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm considering boycotting Hebrew National hot dogs because I think I've uncovered evidence of a Zionist plot. They sell SEVEN dogs to a package, but all the buns are sold in packages of EIGHT! They're trying to ruin our way of life!