Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since the topic of pork kept coming up on another thread concerning the Sabbath, what about the eating of pork, if Jesus and Paul appeared to say all foods are now clean. Comments?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7714737/#post63155273
if you observe Sabbath, Christ will profit you nothing.

I only eat pork that's been seasoned with bacon.
images

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I only eat pork that's been seasoned with bacon.
images
:)

God must have made an exception to that somewhere along the way

http://www.christianforums.com/t7714737-3/#post63155381

Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
Evidently, it is ok for Jews and Muslims to raise pigs...
seems kind of oxymoronic to me :doh:

Morocco Pig farms bloom in Muslim Morocco thanks to tourism - eTurboNews.com

Pig farms bloom in Muslim Morocco thanks to tourism

"I'm a practising Muslim. I don't eat pork and I don't drink alcohol but it's just a breeding operation like any other and no Imam has ever reprimanded me for it," he said of raising pigs -- whose consumption is prohibited in both Islam and Judaism.

00_1206483703.jpg

"Delicious bacon wrapped piggies in a blanket"

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
'And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.' (Acts 10:15, KJV)
Praise the LORD! :amen:

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G2840 matches the Greek κοινόω (koinoō), which occurs 17 times in 12 verses in the Greek concordance
1) to make common
a) to make (Levitically) unclean, render unhallowed, defile, profane b) to declare or count unclean

Mat 15:11
"Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."
18 "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.
Act 21:28
crying out, "Men of Israel, help! This is the man who teaches all [men] everywhere against the people, the law, and this place;
and furthermore he also brought Greeks [Orthodoxs] into the temple and has defiled this holy place."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Since the topic of pork kept coming up on another thread concerning the Sabbath, what about the eating of pork, if Jesus and Paul appeared to say all foods are now clean. Comments?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7714737/#post63155273
if you observe Sabbath, Christ will profit you nothing.

Acts 10:15 and Matt 15:11 does not teach or say that the food laws mattered not. Not if your really honest with the text. No more than Ex 8:19/31:18 and Deut 9:10 states God the Father has a body with fingers. Just sayin'....if you want to pick on lawkeepers, you should use something that really stands against them, like not loving the unlovable. Sorry to burn your strawman LLOJ, but it is what it is. It's not the food laws that matter, but that which flows from the heart. THIS is the point of the text, if your honest.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Acts 10:15 and Matt 15:11 does not teach or say that the food laws mattered not. Not if your really honest with the text. No more than Ex 8:19/31:18 and Deut 9:10 states God the Father has a body with fingers. Just sayin'....if you want to pick on lawkeepers, you should use something that really stands against them, like not loving the unlovable.
Sorry to burn your strawman LLOJ, but it is what it is. It's not the food laws that matter, but that which flows from the heart. THIS is the point of the text, if your honest.
Whatever you say bro.

Let's get back on the topic of pork. What is your view on Christians eating it? Are we breaking any of God's commands or ordinances by consuming it?
[This is about for health reasons btw]

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Whatever you say bro.

Let's get back on the topic of pork. What is your view on Christians eating it? Are we breaking any of God's commands or ordinances by consuming it?

I see Christians eating it all the time. :thumbsup: :p Were you ever commanded to not consume it?

My point is if you were never commaned not to, then proving where your released from that command is no point at all. Hence my mention of burning straws. Ever suck through a burning straw? (dares you to find a picture of that... :D )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
Whatever you say bro.
I see Christians eating it all the time. :thumbsup: :p Were you ever commanded to not consume it?

My point is if you were never commaned not to, then proving where your released from that command is no point at all. Hence my mention of burning straws. Ever suck through a burning straw? (dares you to find a picture of that... :D )
I feel like I do that every time I come on GT :p ^_^

So do you not eat pork because of Judaism?

Isa 65:25
The wolf and the lamb shall graze together;
the lion shall eat straw like the ox,
and dust shall be the serpent's food.
They shall not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.
Eze 1:10
As for the likeness of their faces, [each] had the face of a man; each of the four had the face of a lion on the right side, each of the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and each of the four had the face of an eagle.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I do that every time I come on GT :p ^_^

So do you not eat pork because of Judaism?

Is that Will Ferrell? Yikes! The Lion of Dudah!!

Yes, I don't eat pork, shellfish, and maintain a biblical kosher diet, as opposed to a rabbinically kosher one. Because I was raised Jewish, yes. But not because I believe the covenant made with my fathers at Sinai is still binding upon me. I do this because I was raised this way, and my observance has nothing to do with following Torah commands, but because it's been the custom of my family. It's the way I was raised, and that has nothing to do with my righteousness in the sight of the Father. Because I do not connect observance to the Sinai covenant with being found righteous in God's sight. I connect observance to the covenant made through Yeshua on Mt. Zion as how one is made righteous in God's sight. As such, arguing over Torah commands like the pharisees' did is a mute point to me. Those who were supposed to know the law in and out had not a clue about the righteousness and glory of God that walked among them and filled their hearts. Same today it seems, nothing new under the sun. I am free from the law of sin and death, and alive to the law of Messiah. Enough said? I think not...... ;)

Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
If you accept circumcision, Messiah will profit you nothing.... This does not mean that being Jewish is being severed from Messiah. It means if you 'accept' that you 'must' be circumcised to be accepted by God you have missed the message of Messiah, and it will be of no advantage, both the message of Messiah AND your cirumcisional attempt to follow the law and be accepted by God for such.

Because in Messiah being a Jew or being of the nations means nothing. Faith working through love is the only thing that has meaning to God now. Faith in Messiah's words, which taught us to love all. We are known by our love for one another. Not by our observance to Torah commands.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm considering boycotting Hebrew National hot dogs because I think I've uncovered evidence of a Zionist plot. They sell SEVEN dogs to a package, but all the buns are sold in packages of EIGHT! They're trying to ruin our way of life!

Upvote 0