Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That you immediately upon death go to heaven.

What would this verse mean to you?
Phil 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I believe we sleep after we die, and that Jesus showed us
that God's Kingdom should be held in high regard compared
to this world which will be replaced.

• Agree
Reactions: Hoshiyya
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? Do you think that in death we are subject to time?

No, but others will, God willing. Scripture could have claimed "We Rot"
but evidently the soul is worth consideration. And I guess it "sleeps."

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would a soul need to rest ?

No need. It's just that judgment is a one time event rather than an on-going process. According to scripture anyway. I'm not concerned about any timing for anything. I get the impression that God is not either since He is already there, from A to Z.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No need. It's just that judgment is a one time event rather than an on-going process. According to scripture anyway. I'm not concerned about any timing for anything. I get the impression that God is not either since He is already there, from A to Z.

Yea but we are finite beings compared to him , we need space to live .

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would a soul need to rest ?
Our soul lives along with our body in this life and there are things in life that can make one weary. Even if one isn't physically tired they can be weary, so it may be that a soul might need rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our soul lives along with our body in this life and there are things in life that can make one weary. Even if one isn't physically tired they can be weary, so it may be that a soul might need rest.

There is no night in heaven , this body is for sure weary but the incorruptible one can't feel hunger , thirst so most likelly won't feel sleepy or weary .
Incorruptible body would also allow everyone with brain disfunctions in any shape or form be restored .

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Scripture says that we sleep after we die. It also says that to die is to be with the Lord.
I believe that's because we don't understand time. For us, time is linear or seems to be linear but not for YHVH. Some say that time is a spiral or a circle. Some physicists say that time is an illusion and that everything happens at the same time.
At any rate, I don't believe that time in heaven is anything like what we perceive and that's why both can be true...we sleep and we're immediately face to face with the Lord.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no night in heaven , this body is for sure weary but the incorruptible one can't feel hunger , thirst so most likelly won't feel sleepy or weary .
Incorruptible body would also allow everyone with brain disfunctions in any shape or form be restored .
A person can be emotionally weary, isn't that felt in the soul?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No when your memory is erased

Your brain creates connections , if you repeat something manytimes there are stronger connections , if good and bad thing at the same time

You can learn productive stuff but you can also learn bad and naughty stuff for example by taking drugs for long period of time your brain will make connections to remind you of such experiences , they grow stronger and you take more to satisfy them more .

New Body is not copy of the one you had but brad new so no worries or pain / addictions from previous life .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your brain creates connections , if you repeat something manytimes there are stronger connections , if good and bad thing at the same time

You can learn productive stuff but you can also learn bad and naughty stuff for example by taking drugs for long period of time your brain will make connections to remind you of such experiences , they grow stronger and you take more to satisfy them more .

New Body is not copy of the one you had but brad new so no worries or pain / addictions from previous life .
So Moses, standing on the mountain with Yeshua and Elijah, had no memories of his life on earth?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So Moses, standing on the mountain with Yeshua and Elijah, had no memories of his life on earth?

I don't know , he didn't say anything .
Believers present in heaven with LORD don't have glorified bodies , these bodies are given only at resurrection . They are clearly awake tho .

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know , he didn't say anything .
Believers present in heaven with LORD don't have glorified bodies , these bodies are given only at resurrection . They are clearly awake tho .
No one could be in heaven without a glorified body, unless you mean its just their spirit present with the LORD.

Upvote 0