JJB

Dec 28, 2004
✟4,433.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
mlqurgw said:
Since I don't consider myself Reformed I would be exactly what I am: a Baptist who believes the Bible. In those things that I agree with Reformed theology, the Doctrines of Grace, I can gladly fellowship.

:thumbsup: Always enjoy your posts, Ron.

For clarity's sake, my thread is a reaction to this one:

http://www.christianforums.com/t3055953

Upvote 0

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
JJB said:
....what would you be?

Or, if you are not reformed, and could not, for whatever reason, be what you are currently, what would you be?

Gosh, that is a hard oone, consisdering that "Reformed" is not a denomination and I am trying to think of a denomination I would be in. I would probably stay Presbyterian but hopefully would not sway to the liberalism that seems so prevalent in the PCUSA.

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If I couldn't be Reformed, then I'd be wrong!!! :cool:

Seriously...I spent the first twenty years of my Christian life as an Arminian/Semi-Pelagian who believed one could backslide to the point of losing one's salvation, because if it was my decision for Christ that got me into the Kingdom, then my decision could take me out as well.

Why would I want to go anywhere else?! :scratch:

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
JJB said:
....what would you be?

Or, if you are not reformed, and could not, for whatever reason, be what you are currently, what would you be?

non-denominational??? seeker sensitive??? pelagian??? I know, obviously I'd be confused!:thumbsup:

edie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

McWilliams

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Texas
✟15,077.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
JJB said:
....what would you be?

Well, are you speaking of church affiliation or heart association?

To the first: too difficult to even consider!

To the second: lost

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

SobriaInebrietas

Jun 7, 2006
Lodi, California
✟15,280.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would probably convert to the Secret Church of Ben and Jerry's, and spend the rest of my life eating ice cream in my room contemplating the meaning of cookie dough and chocolate chips.

Yes, I would probably lose my sanity.

:p

Erin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bradfordl

Veteran
Mar 20, 2006
✟17,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Meaningless question. I could not be any other thing than what God has ordained. He has ordained redemption for the elect through His Son. Reformed theology best describes the works of God. He ordained that I should hear of it, and granted me the ability to understand (some of) it and believe. There are no "alternative universes". If I could not "be reformed", I guess I would just not "be".

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd be a burned-out Arminian with bad attitude.
I was raised RC and switched to a non-denom charismatic/Pentecostal type until I started studying for myself & discovered what The Reformation was realy about, reading online.:cool:

Reactions: McWilliams
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
bradfordl said:
Meaningless question. I could not be any other thing than what God has ordained. He has ordained redemption for the elect through His Son. Reformed theology best describes the works of God. He ordained that I should hear of it, and granted me the ability to understand (some of) it and believe. There are no "alternative universes". If I could not "be reformed", I guess I would just not "be".

Amen and Amen

Upvote 0