London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Over the years there are loads of videos, sermons, books and songs that begin, enliven or help preserve our faith. Besides the Bible, if you could share just 1 Christian resource that’s shaped your faith, what would it be?

I’d share an essay titled The absurdity of life without God, by Christian philosopher William Lane Craig. I’d share it with believers and unbelievers. Originally I read the essay online...

The Absurdity of Life without God | Reasonable Faith

Although it’s been done on video too...

The tone is dark and deep, but it’s also an amazing wake up call for people living without God. It’s a bleak look into a future without God. If I could share any 1 Christian resource, that would be the one.

If you only had 1 thing to share (with believers or unbelievers alike) what would it be?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thomas Merton's New Seeds of Contemplation. I read it long before I came to faith, but it definitely planted some "seeds" that bore fruit years later. I wouldn't recommend it to just anybody, but if their temperament was like mine I would.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Over the years there are loads of videos, sermons, books and songs that begin, enliven or help preserve our faith. Besides the Bible, if you could share just 1 Christian resource that’s shaped your faith, what would it be?

I’d share an essay titled The absurdity of life without God, by Christian philosopher William Lane Craig. I’d share it with believers and unbelievers. Originally I read the essay online...

The Absurdity of Life without God | Reasonable Faith

Although it’s been done on video too...

The tone is dark and deep, but it’s also an amazing wake up call for people living without God. It’s a bleak look into a future without God. If I could share any 1 Christian resource, that would be the one.

If you only had 1 thing to share (with believers or unbelievers alike) what would it be?

I would share a hug.
When everything else in life is missing, just a simple hug helps :hug:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cormack,

I would share the importance of prayer and direct them to Secrets of a Prayer Warrior by Derek Prince. I read it early in my walk and devoured everything I could on the subject. I learned how pray offensively, defensively, to stand in gap, boilermaker prayer, and take ground. It made me stronger and willing to fight for everything God has in store for me. No matter the cost. It deepened our relationship and trust. I know He has my back and always will. Once you get that in your spirit a lot of things fall by wayside. Fear, doubt, hopelessness, etc.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks @LaBèlla, @public hermit. I’m looking into them both, really good contributions to the topic. Sometimes we simply assume other Christians have heard about these things, but so much good goes unnoticed.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides the Bible, if you could share just 1 Christian resource that’s shaped your faith, what would it be?

JESUS

That is the easiest question I have ever answered!

The one thing that gets me about the question is "Besides the Bible", as if the Bible is a greater resource than God!

Is it that we Christian don't think of Jesus Christ as a resource?

I hear from Him everyday, He gives me teachings, instructions, encouragement, wonderful counsel, and so much more. So while the first words He told me were, "Read Your Bible" He is obviously the resource we Christians have that reshapes our lives - isn't He?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married