If you could have any pet in the world, what pet would it be?

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
A giraffe, of course. They are so calm and sweet and magnificent and I love them. :)

(I'm not getting into the logistics of having a giraffe though as I know that realistically it certainly wouldn't be possible in my current environment. So I'm just pretending that a giraffe-perfect environment would come along with the giraffe...and even better...a whole herd of them!)

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A giraffe, of course. They are so calm and sweet and magnificent and I love them. :)

(I'm not getting into the logistics of having a giraffe though as I know that realistically it certainly wouldn't be possible in my current environment. So I'm just pretending that a giraffe-perfect environment would come along with the giraffe...and even better...a whole herd of them!)

Speaking of giraffes, I honestly, truly wonder how they taste like... Furthermore, have anyone in our world ever eaten giraffe meat? lol

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of giraffes, I honestly, truly wonder how they taste like... Furthermore, have anyone in our world ever eaten giraffe meat? lol

Yes, impoverished people in Africa will sometimes eat giraffe meat if they can get it, which is all the more reason to help eliminate hunger in the world so that no one would ever feel a need to eat these lovely creatures. (Though poachers and destroyed habitats are the larger issues.) They are a very endangered species...even more so than elephants.

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, impoverished people in Africa will sometimes eat giraffe meat if they can get it, which is all the more reason to help eliminate hunger in the world so that no one would ever feel a need to eat these lovely creatures. (Though poachers and destroyed habitats are the larger issues.) They are a very endangered species...even more so than elephants.

I was wondering if we can actually improve their numbers to the point where they'd be "domesticatable", if you know what I mean. lol...

Anyway, I'm satisfied with the classic meats. Beef, pork, and chicken. Can't go wrong with them.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I was wondering if we can actually improve their numbers to the point where they'd be "domesticatable", if you know what I mean. lol...

Anyway, I'm satisfied with the classic meats. Beef, pork, and chicken. Can't go wrong with them.

I doubt they would work out well that way or it would have already been done long ago, humans being humans. It also takes a giraffe 15 to 16 months to have one baby, and then a few more months of weaning before they are ready to have another. They are also extremely large and not easy at all to manage.

Hopefully you didn't actually start this thread in order to get more dinner ideas though. :)

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would have this certain species of crab called a purple shore crab. I want to get into aquaculture and raise my own sea life. I would be a crab momma, lol.

How would you feel if I tell you that if the world gave me the opportunity, I would eat your pet? lol. Crabs are tasty.

My mom's ex boyfriend preferred crabs over a juicy steak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would tell you, Bee_Brian, that some species of crabs are not edible. The Purple Shore Crab is not edible. You would just make yourself sick by eating it. So the joke's on you.

Why do I feel some sick satisfaction seeing you choke and die? Forgive me, I know that's rather sinful. And unloving. Bad me, bad! :( Maybe its because you hated on my crab and now I want revenge, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you could have any pet in the world, what pet would it be and why?

Me, personally, I'd own a tiger. But that's assuming that I would actually know how to handle them. If I don't, I'd settle with a simple dog.

An otter.

And no, i wouldn't let nobody eat him. My other pet would be a badger that would protect the otter.

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
An otter.

And no, i wouldn't let nobody eat him. My other pet would be a badger that would protect the otter.

:D
I have several otter dens on my land. They are pretty cool. Also have a giant badger that set up shop a few clicks from the cabin. Head to tail its right at about four feet long and close to two feet wide. He is MASSIVE!

Upvote 0

Weathering Storms

Dec 16, 2017
Asheville
✟10,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
QUOKKA!!! (For those who have never heard of them!
quokka-smiling.jpg

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0