If you could choose any talent what would it be?

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy my gift of being a musician but I've always been in awe of people that when you mention scripture they will tell you oh yeah that's in Isaiah chapter 2 verse 8 and then recite the whole chapter. I have read through the whole Bible many times in my life and have never been able to do that it's definitely a gift.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
We are good at something.

How are you doing these days?

Not too bad, mostly cooped up since I've been working from home for about three weeks. Pretty bummed about cancelling my trip to Japan but these are desperate times.

How are you doing?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Not too bad, mostly cooped up since I've been working from home for about three weeks. Pretty bummed about cancelling my trip to Japan but these are desperate times.

How are you doing?

Too bad about your trip to Japan,
but nice to hear from folks here,

nice of you to give us a wave :)

I am doing OK,

Keep well.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I enjoy my gift of being a musician but I've always been in awe of people that when you mention scripture they will tell you oh yeah that's in Isaiah chapter 2 verse 8 and then recite the whole chapter. I have read through the whole Bible many times in my life and have never been able to do that it's definitely a gift.
What we don't know is whether they are quoting scripture correctly. If we can't remember it ourselves then we can't remember what they said, and even if we could remember what they said we couldn't remember if they said it correctly.

But yeah, it's amazing when people can remember it. I can remember the gist of parts of the Bible, but I have never been able to memorize the exact words.

Reactions: FireBrimstone
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to some music and I realized that I would rather be a great musician than a great sculptor.

- sculptor doesn't have a product until he/she sets down the hammer and chisel and stops.
- musician has a product from the moment he/she picks up the instrument.
- sculptor can enjoy the product forever after completion.
- In the past, a musician could not enjoy the product after completion, but with recording technology that is no longer the case.

So if the choice is musician or sculptor then I would choose musician.

Just curious what sorts of talents others might want.
I wish I could paint or draw. I never liked or thought art was of any value. The I had a daughter that is a great artist. She has shown me over the years why art is valuable and meaningful. I now wish I could paint or draw with as much skill and talent as she has. It is great to learn things from your kids!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wish I could paint or draw. I never liked or thought art was of any value. The I had a daughter that is a great artist. She has shown me over the years why art is valuable and meaningful. I now wish I could paint or draw with as much skill and talent as she has. It is great to learn things from your kids!
Sounds like she is skilled; did she ever exhibit her work? or be planning to, maybe?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like she is skilled; did she ever exhibit her work? or be planning to, maybe?
Well I know I am biased but she is a senior in HS now and has had her art selected for the state competition three years of the four. She has had two people ask to buy a few paintings from her but she couldn't let it go. She wants to be an art restorer and a university art history teacher while still doing her art. Learning why art is important through her has been fun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would choose the ability to read minds. So many people seem to have that ability already I feel kind of left out.
Well, God's Word is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4.12)...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I know I am biased but she is a senior in HS now and has had her art selected for the state competition three years of the four. She has had two people ask to buy a few paintings from her but she couldn't let it go. She wants to be an art restorer and a university art history teacher while still doing her art. Learning why art is important through her has been fun.
Hoping she does well and succeeds further. It's exactly people who sound like her that also tend to flourish in high end tattoo parlors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would love to have the music knowledge to write songs.
That would be an interesting talent. I suppose a person could write songs on a computer and listen to the synthesized voices and instruments and then adjust accordingly. You would only need the intellectual understanding of music without the physical training.

Upvote 0