• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

If you could choose any talent what would it be?

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by cloudyday2, Mar 26, 2020 at 8:10 PM.

1. cloudyday2

cloudyday2 Generic Theist Supporter

+1,963
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    I was listening to some music and I realized that I would rather be a great musician than a great sculptor.

- sculptor doesn't have a product until he/she sets down the hammer and chisel and stops.
    - musician has a product from the moment he/she picks up the instrument.
    - sculptor can enjoy the product forever after completion.
    - In the past, a musician could not enjoy the product after completion, but with recording technology that is no longer the case.

So if the choice is musician or sculptor then I would choose musician.

Just curious what sorts of talents others might want.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,276
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I have always regretted my total lack of any musical ability whatsoever.

3. cloudyday2

+1,963
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    I used to play the oboe and baritone horn, and I think everybody within hearing range regretted my total lack of musical ability ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. At Your Footstool

At Your Footstool Cool people hang with Christ Supporter

+440
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I have a flair for cooking. I love to experiment on anything I can get my hands on, as long as it's safe to eat. I'd say I'm quite happy being in the kitchen. I'm also good at swimming. It's my fav sport too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. MehGuy

MehGuy We are highly neotenous apes.. Supporter

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Eh, I think I am alright with music. Never learned to play the piano yet would mess around with it and people were amazed I never had any lessons.

As far as a talent, I wish I had the ability to be a good writer. I have language disabilities, so my vocabular and sentence structure is very sub-par. English class and grammar lessons would always confuse me to no end.

Would also be nice to have a more logical mind. My mind is more abstract and scatterbrained.. Perhaps good for some things as far as creative thinking is concerned, but it would be nice to be more rational. Although my language problems and problems being logical might be linked, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  6. AllDayFaith

AllDayFaith Active Member

+216
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    People love comedians, maybe you can work on some jokes. Or write a funny song.

7. cloudyday2

+1,963
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    My mind is similar. People sometimes mock evolution because it relies on randomness, but that is how I think. Random solutions come to mind and I test them until I find one I like.

8. Robban

Robban ----------- Supporter

+1,866
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced

9. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    I would want to be an impressionist. I can't even begin to imagine how fun it would be if I could sound like all the famous cartoon characters.

10. public hermit

public hermit Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,441
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I would like to be talented at wood working. To make beautiful cabinets would be pretty satisfying.

11. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah, especially if you could make a comfortable living doing it.

12. MehGuy

+6,932
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Lol..

Yeah.. I think a large part of creativity is just having a brain that is not very good at filtering "relevant" things out. *also a more anti-social personality but that's another topic.. lol* You're just swamped with many different thoughts and as a consequence you tend to take a longer time figuring things out but when you do its from a different perspective than others.

A downside is that you second guess yourself constantly and do not have a very stable sense of opinions and you tend to be very self contradictory.

I mean I think its good that there are a variety of thinking styles around.. you need the artist in life just sometimes it would be nice to have a more stable mind that is able to respond to things more quickly and have a more defined logical pattern.

13. cloudyday2

+1,963
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    I hope you are doing o.k. in spite of the corona virus intensity in your region.

14. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Thanks!
    There have been a few confirmed cases in my town.
    Non-essential businesses are required to close at 8pm and there's a strongly encouraged curfew.

But I was already working from home most days and when I do have to go anywhere it takes half the time to get anywhere since there's no traffic. I can still go hiking and birding since the parks I go to are usually empty anyway.

Grocery stores were scary for a bit with panic buyers, but they're pretty close to normal now.

15. Robban

+1,866
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced

16. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,937
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I would love to be able to sing... being nicknamed "The bread lady" and "Betty Crocker" sometimes gets old, although I am joyous I have this natural ability to bake and cook.

But I'd love to sing (you know, in tune, on key... lol) while I cook... Then I could sing while I cook even when others were in the house!

Haha...

17. Robban

+1,866
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    Play a cd and mime.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,937
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I usually plug in my headphones when I cook or bake.. :)

19. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,420
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    I wish I had a talent for drawing, the visual arts are never something I've been great at.

20. Robban

+1,866
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    Living in a over 65 building, we have some mornings when we get together, drink coffee or tea and just come together,
    (not in these days though)
    I have never thought myself to have a song voice,

but even so I cannot help but break out in song.

And they love it.

Let the spirit free.

What will the neighbours say?

That is a god that many worship