If you could choose any talent what would it be?

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was listening to some music and I realized that I would rather be a great musician than a great sculptor.

- sculptor doesn't have a product until he/she sets down the hammer and chisel and stops.
- musician has a product from the moment he/she picks up the instrument.
- sculptor can enjoy the product forever after completion.
- In the past, a musician could not enjoy the product after completion, but with recording technology that is no longer the case.

So if the choice is musician or sculptor then I would choose musician.

Just curious what sorts of talents others might want.

• Optimistic
Reactions: AllDayFaith

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to some music and I realized that I would rather be a great musician than a great sculptor.

- sculptor doesn't have a product until he/she sets down the hammer and chisel and stops.
- musician has a product from the moment he/she picks up the instrument.
- sculptor can enjoy the product forever after completion.
- In the past, a musician could not enjoy the product after completion, but with recording technology that is no longer the case.

So if the choice is musician or sculptor then I would choose musician.

Just curious what sorts of talents others might want.

I have always regretted my total lack of any musical ability whatsoever.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have always regretted my total lack of any musical ability whatsoever.
I used to play the oboe and baritone horn, and I think everybody within hearing range regretted my total lack of musical ability ;)

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a flair for cooking. I love to experiment on anything I can get my hands on, as long as it's safe to eat. I'd say I'm quite happy being in the kitchen. I'm also good at swimming. It's my fav sport too.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eh, I think I am alright with music. Never learned to play the piano yet would mess around with it and people were amazed I never had any lessons.

As far as a talent, I wish I had the ability to be a good writer. I have language disabilities, so my vocabular and sentence structure is very sub-par. English class and grammar lessons would always confuse me to no end.

Would also be nice to have a more logical mind. My mind is more abstract and scatterbrained.. Perhaps good for some things as far as creative thinking is concerned, but it would be nice to be more rational. Although my language problems and problems being logical might be linked, lol.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would also be nice to have a more logical mind. My mind is more abstract and scatterbrained.. Perhaps good for some things as far as creative thinking is concerned, but it would be nice to be more rational. Although my language problems and problems being logical might be linked, lol.
My mind is similar. People sometimes mock evolution because it relies on randomness, but that is how I think. Random solutions come to mind and I test them until I find one I like.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Eh, I think I am alright with music. Never learned to play the piano yet would mess around with it and people were amazed I never had any lessons.

As far as a talent, I wish I had the ability to be a good writer. I have language disabilities, so my vocabular and sentence structure is very sub-par. English class and grammar lessons would always confuse me to no end.

I think you are doing fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would want to be an impressionist. I can't even begin to imagine how fun it would be if I could sound like all the famous cartoon characters.

Yeah, especially if you could make a comfortable living doing it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My mind is similar. People sometimes mock evolution because it relies on randomness, but that is how I think. Random solutions come to mind and I test them until I find one I like.

Lol..

Yeah.. I think a large part of creativity is just having a brain that is not very good at filtering "relevant" things out. *also a more anti-social personality but that's another topic.. lol* You're just swamped with many different thoughts and as a consequence you tend to take a longer time figuring things out but when you do its from a different perspective than others.

A downside is that you second guess yourself constantly and do not have a very stable sense of opinions and you tend to be very self contradictory.

I mean I think its good that there are a variety of thinking styles around.. you need the artist in life just sometimes it would be nice to have a more stable mind that is able to respond to things more quickly and have a more defined logical pattern.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would want to be an impressionist. I can't even begin to imagine how fun it would be if I could sound like all the famous cartoon characters.
I hope you are doing o.k. in spite of the corona virus intensity in your region.

Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you are doing o.k. in spite of the corona virus intensity in your region.

Thanks!
There have been a few confirmed cases in my town.
Non-essential businesses are required to close at 8pm and there's a strongly encouraged curfew.

But I was already working from home most days and when I do have to go anywhere it takes half the time to get anywhere since there's no traffic. I can still go hiking and birding since the parks I go to are usually empty anyway.

Grocery stores were scary for a bit with panic buyers, but they're pretty close to normal now.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Thanks!
There have been a few confirmed cases in my town.
Non-essential businesses are required to close at 8pm and there's a strongly encouraged curfew.

But I was already working from home most days and when I do have to go anywhere it takes half the time to get anywhere since there's no traffic. I can still go hiking and birding since the parks I go to are usually empty anyway.

Good to know, keep well.

Grocery stores were scary for a bit with panic buyers, but they're pretty close to normal now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would love to be able to sing... being nicknamed "The bread lady" and "Betty Crocker" sometimes gets old, although I am joyous I have this natural ability to bake and cook.

But I'd love to sing (you know, in tune, on key... lol) while I cook... Then I could sing while I cook even when others were in the house!

Haha...

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I would love to be able to sing... being nicknamed "The bread lady" and "Betty Crocker" sometimes gets old, although I am joyous I have this natural ability to bake and cook.

But I'd love to sing (you know, in tune, on key... lol) while I cook... Then I could sing while I cook even when others were in the house!

Haha...

Play a cd and mime.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I usually plug in my headphones when I cook or bake.. :)

Living in a over 65 building, we have some mornings when we get together, drink coffee or tea and just come together,
(not in these days though)
I have never thought myself to have a song voice,

but even so I cannot help but break out in song.

And they love it.

Let the spirit free.

What will the neighbours say?

That is a god that many worship

Upvote 0