Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I would really appreciate a quick prayer.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow, (and Thurs and Sun!) I haven't been to work in a couple of months so it will be interesting to see how my pregnant body copes with being on my feet! Fortunatley the first two shifts are only 6-7 hour shifts.

I've put off going back to work for a while, but I really miss it. it is only a casual position, so I can basically pick and choose my hours. But I really need to get in as much work as I possibly can before July. DH takes over his business on the 3rd and I will need to work during the day in the "office" so to speak, but will try and pick up a shift on the weekend. I'm hoping I can still work until I go into labour! It will be nice to have some money to actually put food on the table and pay bills while we wait through the inevitable starting up a business cash flow lag.

I'm sure it will work out fine, and we do have some money put aside already.....but well I just like to be safe :)

That and I really have missed being in the hospital. I'm on the ortho rehab ward so mostly basic care which will be good to ease me back in.

I get so conflicted though, I love that I have basically been a SAHM, except for the whole uni thing, but I also love nursing....I''m still taking almost a year off, if finances get tight though I will put in for a shift or two a month on weekends or nights, hopefully not until bubby will be 8-9 months. And then when He is 12 months old ish I go back for my final two classes at uni which entail 12 weeks of placement - 7 days a f/n. Not sure if I will actually be able to work as well through that, with two kids! But we will see.

And that is what I am doing my degree for! I haven't managed to finish anything since HS. and I have started many, many things. So this will be a major thing for me to do. Plus it's in my blood. I can't get away it! I love hospitals, the smell, the noises, etc it is so comforting.

Anyway I've gotton a little off topic here! I just hope I can manage being on my feet for that long, I'm not sure how I will cope with it!!

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would really appreciate a quick prayer.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow, (and Thurs and Sun!) I haven't been to work in a couple of months so it will be interesting to see how my pregnant body copes with being on my feet! Fortunatley the first two shifts are only 6-7 hour shifts.

I've put off going back to work for a while, but I really miss it. it is only a casual position, so I can basically pick and choose my hours. But I really need to get in as much work as I possibly can before July. DH takes over his business on the 3rd and I will need to work during the day in the "office" so to speak, but will try and pick up a shift on the weekend. I'm hoping I can still work until I go into labour! It will be nice to have some money to actually put food on the table and pay bills while we wait through the inevitable starting up a business cash flow lag.

I'm sure it will work out fine, and we do have some money put aside already.....but well I just like to be safe :)

That and I really have missed being in the hospital. I'm on the ortho rehab ward so mostly basic care which will be good to ease me back in.

I get so conflicted though, I love that I have basically been a SAHM, except for the whole uni thing, but I also love nursing....I''m still taking almost a year off, if finances get tight though I will put in for a shift or two a month on weekends or nights, hopefully not until bubby will be 8-9 months. And then when He is 12 months old ish I go back for my final two classes at uni which entail 12 weeks of placement - 7 days a f/n. Not sure if I will actually be able to work as well through that, with two kids! But we will see.

And that is what I am doing my degree for! I haven't managed to finish anything since HS. and I have started many, many things. So this will be a major thing for me to do. Plus it's in my blood. I can't get away it! I love hospitals, the smell, the noises, etc it is so comforting.

Anyway I've gotton a little off topic here! I just hope I can manage being on my feet for that long, I'm not sure how I will cope with it!!

Our prayers for a pleasant return to work go with you.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.