If you can lose your salvation, but don't....

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not brave enough to leave what I have to try and find something better or maybe I am just too lazy to go out on my own again. I am not man enough to accept the punishment I deserve. I do not feel that good about my abilities to the point of refuse pure charity from God.

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you can lose your salvation, but don't, yet someone else does, what does that say about you?
Just for starters ...
I heeded the many dozens of warnings about the possibility of losing eternal life,
and I endured (overcame) obstacles as I maintained my faith until the day I died.

But, I did more than the above ...
I co-operated with God in other ways of obedience also.

I was not deceived by the false pre-trib rapture doctrine, and thus I was fully prepared to go
through the horrendous tribulation period, and later refused to take the mark of the beast.

Yes, because of obedience and not being deceived by Satan, I received the end of my faith ... eternal life!
(I believe Paul mentioned something about that.)

And thanks for asking!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's no game, sir. What you posted came off as, and sounded like boasting. I merely pointed it out, and contrasted it with recognition. What are you being so touchy about? Did that hit a little too close to home?

Please try some deep breathing exercises, and let the phony indignation go, OK?

How would you know it was boasting when you do not know my heart?

If you claim to be a brother, then I do expect you to act like one.

Instead of edifying and exhorting, you seem to love criticizing and make others feel as if they are nothing, especially those who believe differently than you.

I expect much better things from you.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually I'm a guy.

And my point was that we shouldn't demonize each other's theologies, between issues like OSAS vs. salvation loss, pre-trib vs. post-trib rapture, and so forth. No one is in danger of anything if they believe in Christ and Him crucified. That is the only essential truth (because if everything else is essential, then we're all screwed), yet you've kinda been on the rampage with your personal take on salvation loss. And you really, really could have made your first post sound just a little bit more humble than that.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How would you know it was boasting when you do not know my heart?

If you claim to be a brother, then I do expect you to act like one.

Instead of edifying and exhorting, you seem to love criticizing and make others feel as if they are nothing, especially those who believe differently than you.

I expect much better things from you.

Who appointed you to cast judgment on how others express themselves? I was not doing anything other than pointing out that what you said sounded like boasting, with all the "I did this" and "I did that". Apparently that offended you. I have yet to find in my bible where offending someone is a sin, in a discussion like this. The Gospel itself is offensive to those who refuse to receive it. We all offend God in many ways, not intending to, but because we are still affected by the Fall. Let's not go looking for things to be offended about, like some here do...

Your response shows that you are more than willing to think the worst about me, without ever knowing me, so your admonition to me applies to you as well.

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one is in danger of anything, if they believe in Christ and Him crucified.
Have you been busy tallying up the number of Scripture verses that you do NOT believe?
Or perhaps you can't count that high!

Personally, I believe all of them ...
but you have to understand how they all fit together ... so they are all true!

There must be a balance or a reconciliation ...
between the John 3:16 types and the dire-warning types
... which, I'm sorry to say, stand miles apart.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who appointed you to cast judgment on how others express themselves? I was not doing anything other than pointing out that what you said sounded like boasting, with all the "I did this" and "I did that".

Since you believe God ordains and decrees everything, you should hold to your own belief that God appointed me. And please don't go fighting God's decrees.

2 Timothy 4:7 -
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Does this sound like Paul was boasting?

Apparently that offended you. I have yet to find in my bible where offending someone is a sin, in a discussion like this.

Let me help you out.

Mark 9:42 - And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

The Gospel itself is offensive to those who refuse to receive it. We all offend God in many ways, not intending to, but because we are still affected by the Fall. Let's not go looking for things to be offended about, like some here do...

Let's not go offending believers, like some do here.

Your response shows that you are more than willing to think the worst about me, without ever knowing me, so your admonition to me applies to you as well.

Where do you get 'think the worst' of you?

You do the exact same thing of which you accuse non-Calvinists; you are out to get them.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you believe God ordains and decrees everything, you should hold to your own belief that God appointed me. And please don't go fighting God's decrees.

Very funny. Not very accurate...

2 Timothy 4:7 -
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Does this sound like Paul was boasting?
Comparing yourself with Paul? This is what you said:

EmSw said:
I believed the very words the Savior spoke, and obeyed them.

Your buddy, extraordinary boasted even more:

extraordinary said:
Just for starters ... I heeded the many dozens of warnings about the possibility of losing eternal life, and I endured (overcame) obstacles as I maintained my faith until the day I died. But, I did more than the above ... I co-operated with God in other ways of obedience also. I was not deceived by the false pre-trib rapture doctrine, and thus I was fully prepared to go through the horrendous tribulation period, and later refused to take the mark of the beast. Yes, because of obedience and not being deceived by Satan, I received the end of my faith ... eternal life! (I believe Paul mentioned something about that.) And thanks for asking!

Compared to him, you were very circumspect, I'll give you that.

Let me help you out.

Mark 9:42 - And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Jesus was speaking of children there. Context does matter. Way to mis-apply scripture!

Let's not go offending believers, like some do here.

Practice what you preach.

Where do you get 'think the worst' of you?

Well, you certainly weren't speaking words of edification and encouragement to me. So I think the assumption has some merit...

You do the exact same thing of which you accuse non-Calvinists; you are out to get them.

Really? And you would know this exactly how? Or are you yet another troll retread, like Ghost air or Markea (who were actually the same person)? We'll find out sooner or later, so you might as well 'fess up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very funny. Not very accurate...

So, you don't even believe your own doctrines.

Do you believe God ordains and decrees everything?

Comparing yourself with Paul? This is what you said:

Paul is no god; he was a sinful man just like you and me.

Now answer my question - was Paul boasting?

Jesus was speaking of children there. Context does matter. Way to mis-apply scripture!

Do you not think I am a child of God who believes?

Well, you certainly weren't speaking words of edification and encouragement to me. So I think the assumption has some merit...

One more time, where did you get I think 'the worst' of you?

Really? And you would know this exactly how? Or are you yet another troll retread, like Ghost air or Markea (who were actually the same person)? We'll find out sooner or later, so you might as well 'fess up.

By your words!

Go, search, seek, ask, and knock to see who I am.

And when you find out, shout it from the rooftops.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So, you don't even believe your own doctrines.

Do you believe God ordains and decrees everything?

A bit of a leap there....and a mis-application of what I believe. and yes, I do believe that God ordains and decrees that which He has determined to be, either directly or through secondary means. For you to claim that you were ordained to challenge me is a bit presumptive.

Paul is no god; he was a sinful man just like you and me.

I never said otherwise. Trying to put words in my mouth, are you?

Now answer my question - was Paul boasting?

What difference does it make? You're just trying to play 'gotcha' with me. I'm not playing.

Do you not think I am a child of God who believes?

Jesus was speaking of children, you know, like 4 to 10 years old, something like that. You're a tad older than that. Context.

One more time, where did you get I think 'the worst' of you?

By the way you're speaking to me. It's plain as day.

By your words!

Go, search, seek, ask, and knock to see who I am.

And when you find out, shout it from the rooftops.

So you admit it? Good, now we will keep a closer eye on you. Trolls don't last long here. Especially ones who try to pick fights, like you are with me.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A bit of a leap there....and a mis-application of what I believe. and yes, I do believe that God ordains and decrees that which He has determined to be, either directly or through secondary means. For you to claim that you were ordained to challenge me is a bit presumptive.

Then tell me who ordained me.

I never said otherwise. Trying to put words in my mouth, are you?

I did not quote you on this, nor did I put them in your mouth. A bit of misdirection goes nowhere with me.

What difference does it make? You're just trying to play 'gotcha' with me. I'm not playing.

For the third time, was Paul boasting? I'm afraid you caught yourself, for you can't answer, nor will you answer.

Jesus was speaking of children, you know, like 4 to 10 years old, something like that. You're a tad older than that. Context.

So you will not offend 'little ones', but you care not if you offend others. Heaven would be proud of you.

So you admit it? Good, now we will keep a closer eye on you. Trolls don't last long here. Especially ones who try to pick fights, like you are with me.

I'll say it again, I believed the very words the Savior spoke, and obeyed them.

I will ask you, do you believe His words, and do you obey them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just for starters ...
I heeded the many dozens of warnings about the possibility of losing eternal life,
and I endured (overcame) obstacles as I maintained my faith until the day I died.

But, I did more than the above ...
I co-operated with God in other ways of obedience also.

I was not deceived by the false pre-trib rapture doctrine, and thus I was fully prepared to go
through the horrendous tribulation period, and later refused to take the mark of the beast.

Yes, because of obedience and not being deceived by Satan, I received the end of my faith ... eternal life!
(I believe Paul mentioned something about that.)

And thanks for asking!

I, I, I, I, I.

That's a lot of you, and very little Jesus. Actually, no Jesus required, it seems.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I, I, I, I, I.

That's a lot of you, and very little Jesus. Actually, no Jesus required, it seems.

Then this must bother you also -

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
(2 Timothy 4:7)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then this must bother you also -

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
(2 Timothy 4:7)

Nope. Doesn't bother me at all. Context. But my experience on here informs me that synergists aren't concerned with context as long as they have a verse.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Then tell me who ordained me.

Seems to me as if you ordained yourself...

I did not quote you on this, nor did I put them in your mouth. A bit of misdirection goes nowhere with me.

Goes even less far with me.

For the third time, was Paul boasting? I'm afraid you caught yourself, for you can't answer, nor will you answer.

There you go again, doing what you accused me of, claiming to know my heart and what I think. If Paul was boasting, he of all people might have a right to, but no, I don't think he was boasting. He was stating what he knew to be true. When you attain his level, perhaps you will be in a position to make similar statements. As of now, you ain't there.

So you will not offend 'little ones', but you care not if you offend others. Heaven would be proud of you.

I don't think heaven is all that concerned about offending adults. Some of them need it, in strong doses. Jesus didn't seem to worry about it, He saved His strongest words for the hypocrites (Scribes and Pharisees). He also cracked a whip and overturned money-changing tables in the temple. Do you think anyone was offended by that?

I have a real problem with those who want to portray Jesus as this namby-pamby, milquetoast, white bread, girly-man wimp.

I'll say it again, I believed the very words the Savior spoke, and obeyed them.

Well good for you!

I will ask you, do you believe His words, and do you obey them?

The obvious implication here is that you don't believe that I do, and you want to make it appear that way in the eyes of others. Let me be perfectly clear: You are not my judge, only the Lord Jesus Christ is my judge, and I answer to Him, and NOT you.

I will repeat what I said to someone else earlier: If you tend to the weeds in your own garden, you won't have time to be pointing out the weeds in someone else's garden.

Capice?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me as if you ordained yourself...

That's impossible within your belief system.

Goes even less far with me.

Good, then let's not misdirect anything from now on.

There you go again, doing what you accused me of, claiming to know my heart and what I think. If Paul was boasting, he of all people might have a right to, but no, I don't think he was boasting. He was stating what he knew to be true. When you attain his level, perhaps you will be in a position to make similar statements. As of now, you ain't there.

Paul had a right to boast and no one else does?

And what level do you put Paul? And how does one attain that level?

I see you are saying, the 'holier' one gets, the more he gets to boast.

How do you know I do not know the truth about my obedience?

I don't think heaven is all that concerned about offending adults. Some of them need it, in strong doses. Jesus didn't seem to worry about it, He saved His strongest words for the hypocrites (Scribes and Pharisees). He also cracked a whip and overturned money-changing tables in the temple. Do you think anyone was offended by that?

He didn't do that to His own children, just to those who rejected Him.

I have a real problem with those who want to portray Jesus as this namby-pamby, milquetoast, white bread, girly-man wimp.

Let us know when you find one.

The obvious implication here is that you don't believe that I do, and you want to make it appear that way in the eyes of others. Let me be perfectly clear: You are not my judge, only the Lord Jesus Christ is my judge, and I answer to Him, and NOT you.

If you say you do, I believe you. Why go on the defensive? And, I won't accuse you of boasting either.

Besides others can read what you say or don't say and make up their own mind.

I will repeat what I said to someone else earlier: If you tend to the weeds in your own garden, you won't have time to be pointing out the weeds in someone else's garden.

Capice?

According to you, my weeds would be obedience to the Word, which you somehow find time to try to uproot.

I honestly answered your OP, and was immediately attacked for what I said.

Upvote 0