If you believe in Speaking in tongues...read on...

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God has been trying to teach me obedience, lately. The more obedient I've been...the faster things have gotten better for me. I was obedient in church and when I began praying...I began speaking in tongues for the first time.

Praise God!!!

Mrs. Enigma

Transformers was awesome!!!!
Jan 12, 2004
somewhere
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you speak in tongues? What do you say? Do you have to try to make the words come out? Why do people always speak in tongues and noone is getting gifts of prophecy, healing, etc. ?
What were you praying? Do the other people in your church speak in tongues? How come people only speak in tongues in certain churches? How come there are so many in certain churches and none at all in other churches? Do you feel the Holy Spirit come on you when you are speaking in tongues?

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
bshaw96 said:
Praise God! I have experienced that only a few times in my life, but it has always resulted in tremendous breakthrough. Don't worry about those who may doubt it, because this is between you and God, no one else. :hug:

No actually speaking in tongues means speaking in a language that exists but you have not learned. The only purpose of speaking in tongues is to teach others about the message in the bible. So it is between you, God, and whoever is learning the message of the bible. :)

Sorry called me skeptical but I thought Paul said that speaking in tongues and the spiritual gifts would decease if the Word was bounded or something like that, I can't remember.

Upvote 0

StaySalty

Oct 20, 2004
✟773.00
Faith
Christian
daydreamergurl15 said:
ummm.....ok. I hope you know that speaking in tongues meaning speaking in a language that exists and not a language that is not known to man b/c the apostles spoke in tongues speaking to the people in their own language so they would know Jesus. :angel:
You make a good point, however in 1 Corinthians 14 we find this:

2For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.
(1 Corithians 14:2)

However, when someone does it, there should also be someone there to interpret

27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
(1 Corinthians 14:27-28)

Upvote 0

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
daydreamergurl15 said:
No actually speaking in tongues means speaking in a language that exists but you have not learned.
This is true. The Bible says that God instilled this in all of us. We don't all speak it because we don't all understand it....yet...
The only purpose of speaking in tongues is to teach others about the message in the bible.
Not always the case. Speaking in tongues is a direct link to God. It can be done anywhere. Sometimes, we aren't around anyone else when we begin doing it. I believe it's a direct link with which to speak to our father. Many times, we don't know what we are saying but, we feel it throughout our bodies.
So it is between you, God, and whoever is learning the message of the bible. :)
For the most part...it is between you and God. If he chooses for others to know what you are speaking...he will give someone the interpretation. God opened up the gift of interpretation for me before I was able to speak in tongues.

God Bless...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mrs. Enigma said:
How do you speak in tongues? What do you say? Do you have to try to make the words come out? Why do people always speak in tongues and noone is getting gifts of prophecy, healing, etc. ?
What were you praying? Do the other people in your church speak in tongues? How come people only speak in tongues in certain churches? How come there are so many in certain churches and none at all in other churches? Do you feel the Holy Spirit come on you when you are speaking in tongues?
There are two tongues
if you have the holy spirit you will have a prayer language.that comes
with having the holy spirit
you just speak the words that the holy spirit places in your spirit.
any time you wont the holy spirit never runs out of words to give you.
The gift of tongues is when God himself speaks his words thrue you
by passing putting words in you spirit for you to speak
He speaks them himself thrue you a yielded vessel.to his cause.
the reason people dont get the gifts of prophecy and healing.
is because they spend two much time in the flesh and not enought
time in. spent with God.
one lady on here does speak prophecy .Shes is a profit shes
from south Africa.
All people that have the holy spirit will have a prayer language
the can speak that .they dont understand.
The gifts of God dont just work in a church building.
they work anywhere God wonts to use them.
after all where is Gods church You are a dweling place
for Gods spirit.
when you are speaking in the gift of tongue thats the holy spirit
speaking thrue you using your tongue.
when you are speaking your prayer language God is putting
the words in your spirit for you to speak
you just repeat what he places there.
The holy spirit can also speak in your natural language into
your spirit.
Like when Jesus spoke into my spirit in english and told me
to tell my people i am coming and he also said what is
coming can and will hurt my people ,
He is talking about the coming Judgment on America where i live.
Judgment starts at the house of God
A good time to draw close to God for what is very shortley
to come on America

Upvote 0