If you aren't on God's side does that put you on satans side?

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think he meant Allah, as in the god of Islam, which is completely different than the one true God worshiped by Christians.

I am familiar with Allah ...a sun god who says god has no son.""..I could say more,but I am trying to live within the rules...I get worked up sometimes

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true. But closer to the God worshiped by the Jewish community.
Weeeeeeeell, not really. One is simply incomplete (sans Messianic Jews), while the other is a highly distorted, carnival mirror caricature / mutation of the incomplete one. One is like ordering an apple pie and only getting the crust. The other is like getting a pie tin containing a moldy hot dog.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Weeeeeeeell, not really. One is simply incomplete (sans Messianic Jews), while the other is a highly distorted, carnival mirror caricature / mutation of the incomplete one. One is like ordering an apple pie and only getting the crust. The other is like getting a pie tin containing a moldy hot dog.
Either way, the Jewish image if God is a far cry from the Christian image while at the same time is much, much closer to the Muslim image.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The place to start is the Bible.
Perfect. We can do that. Even as seen in the Bible the Jewish image of God is way closer to the Muslim image where as the Christian image of God, as taken from the Bible, is a way different from the Jewish image of God.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perfect. We can do that. Even as seen in the Bible the Jewish image of God is way closer to the Muslim image where as the Christian image of God, as taken from the Bible, is a way different from the Jewish image of God.
Incorrect. Highly incorrect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Either way, the Jewish image if God is a far cry from the Christian image while at the same time is much, much closer to the Muslim image.
On a Christian site, territory, not much can be said about the image Christians have. However, it is clear and well known, unshakeable fact,
that the Muslim image is opposed to truth, and to Yahweh,
and promotes death to souls, and to others, especially to Yahweh's children.

I.e. Yahweh is Echad, and He is Alive. No other is, no one else 'god' opposed to Him.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pie crusts are my favorite dessert (with a little sugar on top and maybe some butter). Sometimes I buy a pie at McDonald's and they forget to put the glop inside so it is only the crust. Mmmmm mmmmm

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think the Muslims have a lot in common with Christians if you look beyond Muslim rejection of the Trinity to the whole metaphysical ecosystem. They believe in a villainous Satan with demons and people going to hell for behaving badly. That's not identical to Christianity, but the medieval paintings of hell look identical for both religions LOL.

Muhammad_and_%22shameless_women%22_in_Hell.jpg

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think the Muslims have a lot in common with Christians
Don't forget what Yahweh Sovereign Creator Says, "Light has no fellowship with darkness",
so Yahweh won't even hear or listen to the prayer of someone serving another god.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget what Yahweh Sovereign Creator Says, "Light has no fellowship with darkness",
so Yahweh won't even hear or listen to the prayer of someone serving another god.
Of course all three Abrahamic religions believe they are worshiping the god of Abraham and the only god that exists. All three religions believe God is good and created the universe and so forth. The differences are subtle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Of course all three Abrahamic religions believe they are worshiping the god of Abraham and the only god that exists. All three religions believe God is good and created the universe and so forth. The differences are subtle.
Yahweh does not say the differences are subtle.
The differences are LIFE vs DEATH - no, not subtle at all.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pie crusts are my favorite dessert (with a little sugar on top and maybe some butter). Sometimes I buy a pie at McDonald's and they forget to put the glop inside so it is only the crust. Mmmmm mmmmm
They’re gross, but oh so good. :ebil:

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I like to encrypt my prayers so he couldn't read them even if he wanted to.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nobody is more subtle than Satan....he knows how to take you to hell....to be a Muslim ,the first thing you have to do is deny the Deity of Jesus..they say He is a wise prophet “ A “ son of god. Not THE Son of God...all the difference that matters. Subtle ? Super subtle!

• Informative
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect. Highly incorrect.
I guess I better explain what I mean using only Judaism and Christianity to hopefully make my perspective understandable. In practice Judaism and Christianity basically worship different images of God. (Note that I'm saying "Images of God") And than we can expand these same images out to Islam and look for comparisons.

The Christian image of God has 3 parts. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Not so for Judaism.
All of Christian theology is based on those same three parts. Not so for Judaism.
Christians and Jews work with a completely different paradigms of God and thus theology.
Christians pray to Jesus and talk of the Holy Spirit overtaking a person. Not so for Judaism.
Christians pray to Jesus as God. Not so for Judaism.
The Christian Satan plays an especially important roll.. Not so for Judaism.
Christianity requires images of Original Sin. Not so for Judaism.
Christianity requires baptism. Not so for Judaism.

These are just a few off the top of my head.

• Informative
Upvote 0