If you aren't on God's side does that put you on satans side?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Under a christian worldview, if someone is say completely agnostic is this person by default on satans side since he didn't choose God? And for clarification when I say God here I mean the God of the bible.

Yes.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 “If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 “And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 “But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 “Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 “He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad."

I would not expect very many truth suppressors to come out and say; "yeah, I'm against Christ, I'm rooting for the other guy". It's interesting how the basic principal of agnosticism was first used by the serpent in the garden, in the form of a question, to put into question what God had said to Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Under a christian worldview, if someone is say completely agnostic is this person by default on satans side since he didn't choose God? And for clarification when I say God here I mean the God of the bible.
Yes.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

It depends on how much that person knows about what he is saying when he says that.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Under a christian worldview, if someone is say completely agnostic is this person by default on satans side since he didn't choose God? And for clarification when I say God here I mean the God of the Bible.
YES
Everything in the scriptures is binary - two choices - two opposites - two consequences
saved unsaved
dead alive
flesh spirit
blessing curse
in out
good evil
light darkness
truth lie

26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
Deuteronomy 11:
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you
life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed
may live:
Deuteronomy 30:

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
John 5:

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

With a soul's eternal fate on the line, I would suspect a benevolent god who actually wanted to save souls would have set things up the opposite way. That is, one is saved unless that person consciously chooses not to be.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
With a soul's eternal fate on the line, I would suspect a benevolent god who actually wanted to save souls would have set things up the opposite way. That is, one is saved unless that person consciously chooses not to be.
The lazy man's way to heaven. ;)

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It depends on how much that person knows about what he is saying when he says that.
That's a hypothetical, I assume, not related to a specific person. It depends totally upon that person's standing before God. He stated "agnostic," and "since he didn't choose God." That's his standing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
'Under a Christian world view' there are two worlds. One is perishing in a state of separation apart from God (this is the human world as we know it, which Satan apparently prefers, as do most humans, even though we bemoan all the evil and the absence of God here), and the other is eternal life with Him. So the agnostic world view is really 'one world'. It is on the side of 'the ship is not burning and sinking' and also 'even if it was, I'm not sure there is anything outside the ship'. Christ was God's demonstration both that the human ship was sinking AND that there was something completely different outside, a means of rescue.

Sometimes we have to experience that on a personal level before we can accept it at the universal. It's difficult to convince someone they are drowning before they feel that first lick of salt water go down their throat. We don't really feel we need rescuing until God gives us a revelation of what we are becoming in contrast to Christ.

Satan's side is a side of deliberate rebellion - I don't know that I would go so far as to say an agnostic was on Satan's side by default. I would say though, that they were both on the same sinking ship.

• Informative
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus stated plainly that if someone was not for Him, they are against Him.
Likewise, as written in Ephesians 2, everyone of us was once in that group called sons of disobedience - subjects of the prince of the power of the air.
It did not matter where we were born, or what group or country.
As also written, everyone is born dead in sins and trespasses. So therefore likewise, everyone needs the Savior Jesus in order to hope for eternal life at all.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Well you're either on God's side or Satan's side..

Do math.. lol.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well you're either on God's side or Satan's side..

Do math.. lol.

But surely you wouldn't say you are on satans side though? I think some nonbelievers say they are because they don't take any of it seriously so they say it just to get reactions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But surely you wouldn't say you are on satans side though? I think some nonbelievers say they are because they don't take any of it seriously so they say it just to get reactions.

Well if it's not A it has to be B.

This isn't rocket science.

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Some might interpret Satan in a non-biblical sense, or as an evil within us all. That seems to Rolling Stone mag's interpretation of the "Sympathy for the Devil" rock song, as I recall reading years ago.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 12:30

• Agree
Reactions: Dan Brooks
Upvote 0