• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

If you are wondering "can I work my schizophrenia out?", you can!

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So if you are wondering if you can ever work your schizophrenia out, here is a person who is both schizo-affective and schizophrenic - and he has control of his mind!

It is a nine minute talk, but it evidences very clearly that with objective practice (as the person says "pushing undesireable thoughts away", but it could easily be meditation) you can manage your mental health - and be a highly functioning individual (with a job!).

I hope that helps you get perspective on yourself - which is normal!

Thanks

Mhiriam

Dec 29, 2018
Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you, but that depends highly on the severity of the schizophrenia (you can't be schizophrenic and schizo-affective) and the type of symptoms. I have had schizophrenia since I was 9, and can't work or study. I think you're trying to be helpful here, but getting people to deny a real disability can result in depression when they find they can't do this, no matter how hard, because it is a real illness. They may even feel like failures because they didn't have the ability or the "will-power" to succeed.

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0