Pre-Trib Only If you are Pre-trib, I have a question for you.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(if you are not Pre-trib please do not post in this thread, thank you)

Can Jesus return tomorrow or even today? Or are there certain events that must happen first?

I believe in both a Pre-Trib Rapture (1 Corinthians 15:51-53) (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) (Luke 12:40), and a Mid Trib Rapture (Luke 21:28) (Luke 17:31-37) (Matthew 24:15-22).

Anyways, to answer your question: I believe He can arrive at any moment today or tomorrow. He can arrive at any moment. The Son of Man will come in a time that we will think not.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Can Jesus return tomorrow or even today? Or are there certain events that must happen first?
Jesus will get here when He gets here.

It suffices us to know that either at His Parousia, or a moment after we die (more likely at my age), we must stand before Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures are often 20/20 in hindsight so if there are some preconditions left we might not be aware of them. For sure we know the season and the time and I think of Jeremiah who was a youth when called and warned them the judgment of God was coming and Judah would be taken by Babylon. His warnings did not finally come to pass until he was an old man. The book the Late Great Planet Earth had many thinking we were at the door and it was a huge best seller and people largely were aware and this is one of main tenants of the Jesus people 70's 80's revival. Now we can see almost 50 years later how many things have passed since that book was published. We thought back then we were morally corrupt as the days of Sodom but now we have reached new lows with not only embracing gay rights but promoting and extending the trans rights to include children who can be given hormones of the opposite sex without the parents consent and if the parents object they can loose their kids. We Never imagined that back then. The rapid rate in which culture is being prepared for the antichrist and the lies that promise peace and security is something that is being forwarded and at the same time Biblical Christians are being labeled extremist.
I agree the LORD certainly could call us home at any time as the onset of the tribulation is in clear view and the trumpet calling us home will resound before that.

• Agree
Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I'm pretrib and I say "any time."

Scriptures are written so that no one knows before hand. Hind site is usually different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Copperhead

Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am pre-trib but only for the "overcomers" referred to in the letters to the churches (Rev 2 & 3). The rest of the Church will go through the GT.

I am pre- trib and hold to the doctrine of imminence. However I cannot support a partial rapture doctrine. Either a person is justified or they are not, which by extension means they are either in the Body or not. No case can be made for partial justification unless one believes that Messiah’s death,burial, and resurrection is insufficient to justify.

I am leery of “overcomes” conditions as it leaves the door open to works righteousness and laying guilt trips on the brethren. Paul seemed to be concerned with “comfort one another with these words” rather than “paranoid one another”.

The Greek behind overcomes has perseverance in mind. That can also mean continuing to move forward. And some move forward at different rates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In a technical sense you'd want to differentiate between the rapture and the second coming. One is for saved believers only, the other is the actual "return" referenced in Scripture.

Christ's coming to snatch His bride before the wrath is governed by the Doctrine of Imminence, as was mentioned by a previous poster. That is of unknown timing, and can happen at any time ... nothing needs to happen before.

Jesus coming at the end of the tribulation in judgment will follow a set time frame, almost to the day, once the seven-year tribulation begins. That's why "know neither the day nor the hour," of His coming can't reference his second coming post-tribulation because date-setters can be pretty accurate for that once the Day of the Lord begins.

So, yes, Jesus can snatch us at any time without anything happening first. And after that, yes, there are a lot of very specific events catalogued in Revelation and elsewhere that must happen before his real return, or second coming in judgment.

Reactions: Copperhead
Upvote 0

Seville90210

Psalm 118:26
Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

He can but I think He'll follow the blueprint God has laid out in the bible as to when He will reveal Himself. God is very specific to reveal certain signs that must take place before Christ comes for the church. The major preceding signs that will occur before He comes listed below will be hard to miss by anyone paying attention to whats happening to Israel today.

Psalm 118:5-28 NKJV
5 I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
7 The Lord is for me among those who help me; Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes.
10 All nations surrounded me, But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
11 They surrounded me, Yes, they surrounded me; But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
12 They surrounded me like bees; They were quenched like a fire of thorns; For in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
13 You pushed me violently, that I might fall, But the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted; The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the Lord.
18 The Lord has chastened me severely, But He has not given me over to death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, And I will praise the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord, Through which the righteous shall enter.
21 I will praise You, For You have answered me, And have become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I pray, O Lord; O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.
27 God is the Lord, And He has given us light; Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You.

From verses 10-12, it speaks of a prophecy in which Israel is involve in a war against enemies from all sides. We are at that time right now when Israel is on the brink of war with it's immediate surrounding neighboring countries: Hezbollah from the northwest, Assad's regime from the northeast, Hamas from the west at the Gaza, the Palestinians from the east, and currently Israel and Egypt are in an alliance secretly fighting ISIS in the Sinai peninsula in the south.

This war is Israel's final war that will eliminate her enemies in the immediate surround countries that shares a common border with Israel just before Daniel's 70th week commences and a prelude to Ezekiel 38-39 that will occur in the tribulation when Gog and his army will invade at a time when Israel is living in peace.

In 2019, Israel Faces Dangers on Many Fronts
https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/01/02/in-2019-israel-faces-dangers-on-many-fronts/

MILITARY AFFAIRS: CAN ISRAEL HANDLE A MULTI-FRONT WAR?
Military Affairs: Can Israel handle a multi-front war?

Official: Israel army preparing for war on six fronts
Official: Israel army preparing for war on six fronts

Israel to escalate efforts against Iran on all fronts - TV7 Israel News 21 12 18

Further escalation on all fronts - This Week in 60s 16.3.19

From verses 19-22, Israel begins construction on the 3rd Temple. This will happen sometimes either during the war or immediately after the war and the coming Israel-Palestinian Peace Treaty.

When the construction begins, nobody in the world will miss witnessing this major event. It will be like May 14, 1948 when the world saw a nation born in one day. It'll be all over the news, an event no one will miss.

If the article below is accurate and Israel retain sovereignty over the Temple Mount, nothing will stop them from building a 3rd temple, immediately.

Israel would retain sovereignty over the Old City and its immediate environs, the Temple Mount and the Western Wall, but it would be administered together with the Palestinians, Jordanians and perhaps other countries.

Trump peace plan: Divide Jerusalem, Palestinian state on 85-90% of W.Bank

In verse 26, Jesus returns coming for the church. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!

The construction of the Temple precedes the return of Christ. When you see it, then it's imminent.

=============================​

The Psalm 118 prophecy of Israel's next war with her bordering neighbors is also confirmed in Isaiah 26. It reveals Israel at war and will be victorious and will expand her borders in all directions - a war on all fronts. After the war, Jesus then comes to rapture the church and Daniel's 70th week commences.

Isaiah 26:12-21 NKJV
12 Lord, You will establish peace for us, For You have also done all our works in us.
13 O Lord our God, masters besides You Have had dominion over us; But by You only we make mention of Your name.
14 They are dead, they will not live; They are deceased, they will not rise. Therefore You have punished and destroyed them, And made all their memory to perish.
15 You have increased the nation, O Lord, You have increased the nation; You are glorified; You have expanded all the borders of the land.
16 Lord, in trouble they have visited You, They poured out a prayer when Your chastening was upon them.
17 As a woman with child Is in pain and cries out in her pangs, When she draws near the time of her delivery, So have we been in Your sight, O Lord.
18 We have been with child, we have been in pain; We have, as it were, brought forth wind; We have not accomplished any deliverance in the earth, Nor have the inhabitants of the world fallen.
19 Your dead shall live; Together with my dead body they shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs, And the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you; Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past.
21 For behold, the Lord comes out of His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; The earth will also disclose her blood, And will no more cover her slain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seville90210

Psalm 118:26
Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
and currently Israel and Egypt are in an alliance secretly fighting ISIS in the Sinai peninsula in the south.

This is something you don't see much in the news nowadays because the threat of Iran seems to be the hot topic that dwarfs all others. Israel aiding ally Egypt against ISIS in the Sinai.

Egyptian President: We're working with Israel against ISIS
Egyptian President: We're working with Israel against ISIS

SISI CONFIRMS EGYPT IS WORKING WITH ISRAEL TO FIGHT ISIS IN SINAI
Sisi confirms Egypt is working with Israel to fight ISIS in Sinai

Secret Alliance: Israel Carries Out Airstrikes in Egypt, With Cairo’s O.K.
Secret Alliance: Israel Carries Out Airstrikes in Egypt, With Cairo’s O.K.

Egypt-Israel relations 'at highest level' in history
Egypt-Israel relations 'at highest level' in history

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums