If you are "Christians" then why do you waste your time...

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
QUOTE RDKirk, Does that mean the Christians in China, Vietnam, and North Korea are not real Christians? This thread reads as though the only Christians in the world are in the US.

We are citizens of the kingdom of Heaven. We are each deployed to various nations of the world (1 Peter) to execute a mission of limited duration in the nation of deployment. When we complete our mission, we'll go home.

So we should observe these nations from the view point of aliens, pilgrims, and sojourners (1 Peter)--not as natives. We are diplomats on a diplomatic mission. We are not "home" in any of these nations.

No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please his commander. -- 1 Timothy 2

"Entangled." Remaining unentangled in the affairs of the world and concentrating on the mission given us by Christ is not apathy any more than a soldier fighting in Afghanistan without becoming entangled in Afghan politics is not apathetic.

Whether we are Christians in America, China, North Korea, Vietnam, Japan, India, or Pakistan, we all have exactly the same mission and should be doing exactly the same thing. QUOTE
Just think.... if 'Christians' in the usa did the same thing Christians in china did,
people in the usa would see a difference between Christians and pagans...
just like people in china can see the difference between Christians and pagans in china !

Its my opinion that the Church gets blamed because Christians get involved in politics. WE get blamed for wars. Paul said that we should not take Gods grace in vain, but that we should endure suffering and injustice, so that the ministry will not be blamed. We justify our political action by saying that we are standing up for the poor and oppressed, but im not sure getting involved in politics is the right way to do that. Perhaps if we stayed out of politics, we would not get blamed for anything, and we could still speak up when injustice needs to be confronted. IT would be a slippery slope however, because politicians create drama and false impressions which are designed to mislead voters. Perhaps just preaching the Gospel in itself is the best way to stand up for justice. I cannot say what is right or wrong, but i know that i personally cannot get involved in politics anymore. I figure that praying might have more value than arguing over politics, but i cannot know for sure. I only know that i feel lead to stay away from politics.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Its not for me to say whether or not people should or shouldn't vote. My personal opinion is that politics are just another worldly distraction for Christians, and anyone else for that matter. Its not like they will ever tell us the truth, so it seems like we are fighting over lies. We must choose to believe one lie or another. Thats not a choice at all. It not willful ignorance if we choose to not participate in politics.
I hate to say it, but what you described is the very definition of willful ignorance.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Its not for me to say whether or not people should or shouldn't vote. My personal opinion is that politics are just another worldly distraction for Christians, and anyone else for that matter. Its not like they will ever tell us the truth, so it seems like we are fighting over lies. We must choose to believe one lie or another. Thats not a choice at all. It not willful ignorance if we choose to not participate in politics.
You're right according to all Scripture, to God's Way of working, to His Purpose,and following Jesus.

But who wants to live the way you do ? Without popularity to the world ? Without proud albeit deceived self-confidence in corrupt system that promotes pride and deception ?
Who wants to live like you do, with Truth and the Word of God directing your steps and your thoughts ?
Who wants to submit their lives to Jesus like you do ? (Instead of living it up, in political and social partying and revelry and idolatry and factions pitted against one another) ...

I DO. Let's CONTINUE to FOLLOW JESUS, and not man. Period.
God is true and right, though all men are liars.
God is Faithful and Saves and Guards all those who call on Him in their distress.

"some trust in chariots, and some in horses, (man's meager strength and vain armies)
BUT WE will remember the Name of the Lord our God ! "

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're right according to all Scripture, to God's Way of working, to His Purpose,and following Jesus.

But who wants to live the way you do ? Without popularity to the world ? Without proud albeit deceived self-confidence in corrupt system that promotes pride and deception ?
Who wants to live like you do, with Truth and the Word of God directing your steps and your thoughts ?
Who wants to submit their lives to Jesus like you do ? (Instead of living it up, in political and social partying and revelry and idolatry and factions pitted against one another) ...

I DO. Let's CONTINUE to FOLLOW JESUS, and not man. Period.
God is true and right, though all men are liars.
God is Faithful and Saves and Guards all those who call on Him in their distress.

"some trust in chariots, and some in horses, (man's meager strength and vain armies)
BUT WE will remember the Name of the Lord our God ! "

Amen, it sounds good to me. Thank you.

Upvote 0