The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
While you're thinking it over, WC, let me say this:

This is how I see other religions --- like Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, etc.

I can spot the real deal from the fake.

The real question is, how are Buddhists, Hindus using monopoly money as real currency?

Oh and btw atheists are not theist, that's what the 'a' in front means. If they are not theist, they cant be religious.

so by using the very world 'atheist', what your really saying is non-theist, and thus contradicting yourself in the very same sentience.

Upvote 0

Thomas Anderson

Apr 21, 2009
✟7,737.00
Faith
Pentecostal
"No, it is not. Many experiments (Casimir effect, any radioactive decay experiment, etc) demonstrate that things can spontaneous come into existence without any prior cause (i.e., "bring itself into existence")."

something already exists to do this.

"Gotta disagree with you here, we cannot absolutely know that something cannot bring itself into existence."

Are you absolutely sure? No absolute truths....are you absolutely sure.
I know, old argument but it fits.

"That is aside the point though, the fact is we can't know something is absolutely true because we cannot know all the possibilities regarding it."

God can and in Him I put my faith...not athiests thats for sure. According to you guys we are just by- products of some accident in the past, just movements among atoms, meaningless, without purpose. How can a person accept anything from people who believe this?

AV, if your reading this I am leaving this thread. You have been at it with these people for years? Wow, your head must hurt from banging it on the wall so long. There is no getting through. Seeds have been planted though we just need God to cause them to grow if He will. <staff edit> ...my choice is to go to the still waters God has for me. I know He's real as you do and as I see some more of the Bibles prophecies unfolding before us, I get excited. Perfect 2000 for 2000 and counting. Quite a book. They will continue to look for their missing link which will always be missing but we have found the true source of all life and wether they accept it or ever believe it does not change the fact that all of Gods Word is true. Its as effective today as the day it was inspired. Funny how they can believe Jesus never walked the earth but they believe we started off as goo, went to the zoo and turned into you.This goo apparently billions of years ago. We were blind as they are, but now we see. Praise Jesus. I am outa here, keep the faith AV. Dont let no athiest tell you there is no God. What do they know about Him? Absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you have defined the word 'God' to be so vague as to lose all theological meaning. We can look for absolute truth in mathematics and logic, but I would hardly deify Euler's Identity (e[sup]i&#952;[/sup] + 1 = 0).
To pick a nit: Euler's Identity is:
c2cc760385a6ef275c61dc193e6ceaea.png

although the formulation you used would be correct for all values of theta where theta equals any odd integer times pi.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
AV, if your reading this I am leaving this thread. You have been at it with these people for years? Wow, your head must hurt from banging it on the wall so long. There is no getting through. Seeds have been planted though we just need God to cause them to grow if He will. Personally I do sense the spirit of antichrist quite strong in alot of what they say and my choice is to go to the still waters God has for me. I know He's real as you do and as I see some more of the Bibles prophecies unfolding before us, I get excited. Perfect 2000 for 2000 and counting. Quite a book. They will continue to look for their missing link which will always be missing but we have found the true source of all life and wether they accept it or ever believe it does not change the fact that all of Gods Word is true. Its as effective today as the day it was inspired. Funny how they can believe Jesus never walked the earth but they believe we started off as goo, went to the zoo and turned into you.This goo apparently billions of years ago. We were blind as they are, but now we see. Praise Jesus. I am outa here, keep the faith AV. Dont let no athiest tell you there is no God. What do they know about Him? Absolutely nothing.

Here's a hint - maybe you're just going about this ALL THE WRONG WAY.

But hey, so much easier to blame the atheists or the antiChrist or God rather than yourself, right? ;)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praise Jesus. I am outa here, keep the faith AV. Dont let no athiest tell you there is no God. What do they know about Him? Absolutely nothing.
God bless, Thomas!

Fare thee well, and may God's Spirit go with thee.

See you there, or in the air --- :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
That's actually a great phrase, I like it. "From the goo to the zoo to you"

It would be a better phrase if our friend had thought of it himself but yes, it has a catchy sort of quality to it.

I was gonna comment on a later post but I see hs decided to leave the thread. Still, as the quote goes.. "Like a dog to its vomit, so returneth a fool to his foolishness."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would be a better phrase if our friend had thought of it himself but yes, it has a catchy sort of quality to it.

I was gonna comment on a later post but I see hs decided to leave the thread. Still, as the quote goes.. "Like a dog to its vomit, so returneth a fool to his foolishness."
Indeed ---
Proverbs 26:11 said:
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
If you've ever owned a dog, and watched him outdoors any length of time, you'll see them eat grass.

Grass is extremely hard to break down in the stomach, and since dogs aren't ruminants, they expel the grass back out via the alimentary canal.

Then, they'll sniff it, and end up eating it again --- (pretty gross, eh)?

By the same token, an atheist will not abandon his beliefs for any extended period of time.

If a person makes a profession of Christ, but isn't truly saved, they will, sooner or later, return to atheism.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These beliefs you talk about, what beliefs are they?
I thought that's why they called them Atheists because they had no beliefs.
That's what Atheists like to think --- that they are exempt from "faith" --- but the Bible exposes Atheism for what it truly is, and that's why Atheists have an automatic, inherent, and natural dislike for all things sacred --- and Christianity specifically.

According to the Bible --- an atheist says in his heart --- there is no God.

Thus Atheism is the belief --- taken on faith [since it's said in the heart] --- that there is no God.

Notice this verse:
Psalm 14:1 said:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
See that word "God", and how it's spelled?

Whenever you see it with a capital G, it means "Elohim", which is what we call the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Whenever you see LORD --- all caps --- it's "Jehovah", Who is generally God the Father.

Anyway --- notice it says that the Atheist says in his heart: There is no Godhead.

Thus, Atheists --- generally --- deny the existence of God; and --- specifically --- the existence of the Christian God.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed ---If you've ever owned a dog, and watched him outdoors any length of time, you'll see them eat grass.

Grass is extremely hard to break down in the stomach, and since dogs aren't ruminants, they expel the grass back out via the alimentary canal.

Then, they'll sniff it, and end up eating it again --- (pretty gross, eh)?

By the same token, an atheist will not abandon his beliefs for any extended period of time.

If a person makes a profession of Christ, but isn't truly saved, they will, sooner or later, return to atheism.

Never mind dogs. They are better than a lot of people, but sometimes they get kinda gross, yes.

You do have a knack for getting things backwards. "BELIEF" is for the religious. So is "faith". Those things are your territory, you are welcome to them. Just dont get mixed up and think that others are like you, they are not. Faith is for people who choose to believe the unbelievable.

If i ever saw a reason to think that there was any reality to Christianity, you'd have a convert.

The "believer" on the other hand, cant give up his belief for any reason, because it exists outside of reason.

"Truly saved" of course is a term that you think means something. I dont.

We have people of every culture experiencing visions, revelations, believing in their "god", in miracles, healings, etc each with their own twist to it perhaps.

The ones who wont give it up under torture, i guess, are truly saved?

Seriously, how exactly does one determine that even though every culture has these same basic ideas and beliefs, only Christianity gets it right, the rest all had liars for ancestors?

Upvote 0

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
"No, it is not. Many experiments (Casimir effect, any radioactive decay experiment, etc) demonstrate that things can spontaneous come into existence without any prior cause (i.e., "bring itself into existence")."

something already exists to do this.

"Gotta disagree with you here, we cannot absolutely know that something cannot bring itself into existence."

Are you absolutely sure? No absolute truths....are you absolutely sure.
I know, old argument but it fits.

"That is aside the point though, the fact is we can't know something is absolutely true because we cannot know all the possibilities regarding it."

God can and in Him I put my faith...

God as Tautology, again. How very intellectually dissatisfying. Oh well, if such a definition for God is sufficient for you... go with it.

not athiests thats for sure. According to you guys we are just by- products of some accident in the past,
You are a liar. Atheists do not believe that. But I guess it is to be expected from a person who practices cannibalism. Its no surprise that you cannot discern the random aspects of evolution from the deterministic ones. Your failures at applying science correctly are a matter of record here, and they are quite spectacular failures, at that.

just movements among atoms, meaningless, without purpose.
Just because mutations are random, doesn't mean that everything is meaningless. Once again, you fail so massively because you compare evolution to your religion, thinking that advocates for evolution treat the theory as a basis for their morality, only because you derive your morality from your religious beliefs... what utter stupidity. The theory of evolution is a scientific theory which explains the diversification of species, and nothing more. Get this through your skull; just like every other scientific theory, the theory of evolution is not a moral code. Pretending like it is, is a lie.

How can a person accept anything from people who believe this?
How can a person accept anything from a liar like you, who won't speak with honesty about what others believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Atheists have an automatic, inherent, and natural dislike for all things sacred --- and Christianity specifically.

This is senseless and untrue. First off, "sacred" is a meaningless word, so hard to dislike! I dont dislike things you consider sacred, I just recognize it as meaningless.

There are religions way worse than Christianity.

The bible is wrong. It has nothing to do with my heart, which cant speak anyway.

Thus Atheism is the belief --- taken on faith [since it's said in the heart] --- that there is no God.

Nonsense. You can apply your shortcomings (this "faith" stuff) to yourself all you like. it doesnt stick to me no matter what word tricks you try.

I wonder how a person manages to concoct so many way to misunderstand other people, and then announce them as facts.

Reactions: atomweaver
Upvote 0

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how a person manages to concoct so many way to misunderstand other people, and then announce them as facts.

Oh, that's easy! Start with your interpretation of a favorite anthology, and hold that as infallible. Ignore everything those people say about themselves in favor of that interpretation of yours. After all, since they don't believe the same as you, they are obviously liars who are just out to deceive you. Blather, rinse, and repeat at least 587,299 times... Viola!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Well sure... but 587,299 has a specific significance, here. ;)

I know. But every time AV's ego is stroked, however indirectly, God kills a kitten.

It might be hard to find, as it's not in Genesis 1.

Reactions: atomweaver
Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what Atheists like to think --- that they are exempt from "faith" --- but the Bible exposes Atheism for what it truly is, and that's why Atheists have an automatic, inherent, and natural dislike for all things sacred --- and Christianity specifically.

Wrong as usual, AV -- Atheists (and agnostics such as myself) simply don't care much for the things you consider "sacred."

Of course, there's precious little you consider sacred more than yourself, so why should we venerate you?

Which makes the Bible about as accurate -- although a wee bit more poetic -- than any dictionary.

Assuming you have a point, make it.

Umm... duh?

Notice this verse:See that word "God", and how it's spelled?

Whenever you see it with a capital G, it means "Elohim", which is what we call the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

According to you? None of this is part of "Basic Doctrine."

Whenever you see LORD --- all caps --- it's "Jehovah", Who is generally God the Father.

Again, according to you?

Anyway --- notice it says that the Atheist says in his heart: There is no Godhead.

Thus, Atheists --- generally --- deny the existence of God; and --- specifically --- the existence of the Christian God.

Again... duh?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Notice this verse:See that word "God", and how it's spelled?

According to you? None of this is part of "Basic Doctrine."
It's not?

Upvote 0

KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well he's right on God being the translation of Elohim and LORD being the translation of Jehovah, but that's about it. AV - Elohim is a Jewish term, the Trinity is a largely Christian concept, there is no evidence to support a revelation of the Trinity in the Old Testament. How can Elohim represent the Godhead? In fact, Elohim was not specifically, as I understand things, a proper name for God, but rather simply an indication of divinity. It was used to describe anything that was a god or was considered to be a god. Yes, Elohim could have a plural sense in some specific situations, but it's not really cut-and-dry enough to say, "Hey, the word Elohim is used, that's a reference to the Trinity." Like, you can't make that argument.

I'm aware this is not helpful at all to the topic at hand but I felt compelled to point it out regardless.

Upvote 0