Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
...And in good physical and mental health condition, what is your secret? :)
I have similar issues to many my age (71) and I've had some serious illness in the past. I took up bike riding again to improve my aerobics. I do light weight exercises for upper body. My diet could be better, but my weight is OK.

Mentally, I see no difference now compared to 20 years ago. One thing I've learned is that the mind is something like a muscle. It has to be used to stay strong.

I've avoided the hysteria around diet. There are no super foods. I don't care about organics or not. I eat vegetables under protest and fruit, but not as much as the diet nazis demand. I eat a lot of dairy. My bone density is good, so are my teeth. I rarely take vitamins as food provides what we need. I have fish twice a week and I have muesli every day.

I do take account of my age. I avoid climbing ladders and stay off the roof. My eyesight is ok. I'm careful on the bike.

Above all, I've learned not to stress. I commit my cares to Lord Jesus and trust Him with my life. I know that worry is the great killer.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am 70 years old and I am a stroke victim. My mobility is not great, but I tell myself that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I don't consider myself as finished yet and within reason I am still in a reasonable level of health. I place great importance of trusting in God day by day. I am not particularly bothered about my diet and just eat sensibly. I take life as it comes and God is good!

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am learning a lot from your responses, thank you! :)

It is not as difficult to do as you may imagine. I am a stroke victim, my own physical capabilities are ruined, I need to tap into something else. I read in the bible that God shall supply all me needs in Christ Jesus. To most people that's just words, but not to those who will put all their trust in Him. There's a hymn with says "Those who trust him fully, find Him fully true". Well that's the way it really is!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have my issues common to 72 but overall active and in pretty good shape. I have too much going on for the brain to fade lol.At 72 you do tend to go in the kitchen twice for one item lol.But heck that was happening @ 55. Philippians 4:13 is my mantra verse, also my most responded to verse I wear on a T Shirt. T Shirts with verses make an awesome silent witness and strike up a conversation nearly every time you go out someplace. Goes back to that active mind thing. I might ache more but I don't feel 72. We eat reasonably healthy, when I make things like apple strawberry crisp the sweetener is raw honey. Nothing in it is really unhealthy. Things like that matter. We ride bikes, though this summer was so humid we had to get more ingenious.

Who knows how long I'll last but we know we must all die once. Meanwhile keep in the scriptures, go to church, shut the news channels off and watch the Lone Ranger or something Christian. Better yet take the TV to the dump. Learn to cook healthy as a hobby of sorts. Enjoy the humming birds, stay away from bars and night clubs. Change a room up, instead make it into your prayer and study area.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thanks @Carl, i thought that since we have a good number of Christian seniors here perhaps they would be enjoying much better health than non christians but going by the low response here, i guess not :(

Christians are some of the most unhealthiness people i know. Many have some of the worst eating habits i know of. At least that is the case in my area, the prayer list is always full.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
@d taylor, what do you think is responsible for the poor eating habits, do you have any advice for us?

In my area i believe people enjoy their diet, and when problems arise they go to the doctor and look to a pill for a cure. When it does not, they do not change their eating habits, they just again go back to the doctor again seeking more pill cures or surgery etc...

Cut out eating junk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe a persons health begins in the stomach and intestines. At 65+ are you still eating like a teenager. Constantly eating, never giving the intestines to digest what you have eaten and to be able to rest before they are called on again to digest more food.

I am 57 and i only eat two meals a day and try my best to only eat at those two times, around 11:00 A.M. and 5:00 - 6:00 P.M.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
D taylor your advice reminds me of this verse "someone will say, 'i am allowed to do anything'. Yes; but not everything is good for you. I could say that i am allowed to do anything but i am not going to let anything make me its slave". 1 Cor. 6:12

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
D taylor your advice reminds me of this verse "someone will say, 'i am allowed to do anything'. Yes; but not everything is good for you. I could say that i am allowed to do anything but i am not going to let anything make me its slave". 1 Cor. 6:12

Yes that is basically it for a person (believers included) they may eat what they want. But they will also reap what they sow health wise.

But not only in the area of food, many may go out and get drunk, use drugs, etc.. Which may with a poor eating practice, really shorten a life or add to the ailments list

• Informative
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am 67 and since my heart stent I have tried to be whole food plant based. I exercise almost every day alternating aerobic and weights. And I meditate. The real advantage has been genetics but I would likely be dead if not for the stent 6 years ago.

Upvote 0