• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Walter and Deborah, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Walter and Deborah

Walter and Deborah Junior Member

+500
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    John 15:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
    I wonder if everyone take heed of the below words, would it be a better place to dwell, even without The wicked one/devil having any part/place?

Jesus Said:

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ ‘Faithful’ Jesus of Nazareth <3 Supporter

+10,831
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    What is the question of the OP?

3. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    OF COURSE!

Even with the devil roaming and controlling everywhere,

whenever people follow Jesus, they are free of the sin, guilt, shame and power of the devil, the world and the flesh.....

Few people take heed. (free will is not taken from them, and they choose darkness instead of LIGHT (JESUS) ..... )

4. Walter and Deborah

+500
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Excuse me but, This is the question: I wonder if everyone take heed of the below words, would it be a better place to dwell, even without The wicked one/devil having any part/place?

John 15:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
    7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Walter and Deborah

+500
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I would think that as the scriptures have said: There is a time for everything: Ecclesiastes 3:1-22.

6. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    Meaning what ?
    What is it time for today ? (for instance)

7. Walter and Deborah

+500
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Did you read Eccl. 3:16, 17 ?
    From Dust to Dust

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. 17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

To me it means that the above is saying exactly what is happening in todays life.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  8. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    I love this passage!
    It is a promise from Christ ,that is similar to Mark ch 11.
    With great comfort we know all the promises of God are yes and amen.
    This is a promise from God!
    It makes you want to go deeper into the Word ,to soak all we can of the spirtual blessings of Christ.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  9. now faith

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    This is a believers promise, that has 2 conditions.
    If we want it it's ours,but as for today so many hold fast to their theology rather than this simple truth.
    You may want to abide in Christ,you may be a faithful Church member.
    To abide in Christ we must walk by Faith.
    Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

10. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    A LOT (MULTITUDES) "want it", and it is not theirs.
    They still until the day they die believe it is theirs, but find out it is not theirs directly from the JUDGE, after they die when it is too late to repent or be forgiven.

11. now faith

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Who can take it from them?
    What can take it from them?

What qualifications do they need to not think they have it but truly have it?
    How can they buy what cannot be sold?

Ephesians: 2. 8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It still remains a believers promise,because Christ's word is not in nonbelievers.
    And we have no good reason to assume our Brothers and Sisters in Christ are any thing less.

12. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    No one needs to take it from them.
    Many might have kept them from finding the Kingdom.
    Since they don't live in the Kingdom, no one and no thing needs to take it from them - they are not in the Kingdom, God's Kingdom.

13. now faith

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    So be it.
    Our Lord said if ....
    It is conditional upon salvation.
    But I do not see the unsaved mature enough to understand this in the first place.
    The natural man diserneth not the things of the Spirit.
    (Paraphrase)

So really I suppose keeping another thread that I started in mind,a person can be deceived into damnation but will go their by their own choice,and for their own motives.
    Yet this text is a promise from God to us,a wonderful promise that should be recieved by any one who is in Christ.