If women shouldn't speak at all in church....

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope.
There are only two "universal edicts" and both eliminate gender restrictions.
Can you share what you believe these two universal edicts to be and the verses that support your position so I can follow what you are saying.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"And even though this is not our role it does not mean we cannot lead in other areas because we all know that they are women who are leaders!"

Yes!
Wives are to "oikodespoteo" (I Timothy 5:14).
It means to "rule the household" according to most reference works.
She is to "rule in domestic matters" (Weymouth's version).
And this is because a woman was made for man's "sake" (I Corinthians 11:9)
"therefore the woman ought to have authority over her head" (verse 10).
Her "head" is her spiritual head, her husband (verse 3).

1 Corinthians 11:10 (CEB) | Common English Bible
10 Because of this a woman should have authority over her head, because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (DRA) | Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

10 Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (ISV) | International Standard Version

10 This is why a woman should have authority over her own head: because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (JUB) | Jubilee Bible 2000

10 For this cause the woman ought to have authority over her head: because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (NIV) | New International Version

10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (NIVUK) | New International Version -- UK

10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:10 (Concordant Version)
10 Therefore the woman ought to have authority over her head
because of the messengers.
Absolutely. Women can lead in most other areas!

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you share what you believe these two universal edicts to be and the verses that support your position so I can follow what you are saying.

Sure:

35One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Demonize _______? Not found.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sure:

35One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Demonize _______? Not found.
Ok. I've never referred to them as edicts. Now it makes sense.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok. I've never referred to them as edicts. Now it makes sense.

I don't think the two have a good label.
Obviously, they should so that noodle-heads
can test out their interpretation of any
other rules and regulations.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God was very equal in His accusation and the sentencing.
One must consider where Eve came from to place blame.
Why did God declare that a woman would have pain during childbirth? And what do you mean by one must consider where Eve came from? I'm not clear by what you mean? Is that because she was created from part of Adam's body?

Upvote 0

Beloved Pure

autistic and awkward
Dec 7, 2016
England
✟9,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not a feminist I do not actually know what that really encompasses but in regards to Paul it was taught to me by a Baptist itinerant preacher that what Paul says is in response to what the local group of worshipers in the universal church wrote who posed a question and not Paul saying this is how it should be done. Over pious men trying to find the boundaries in essence.

I believe women do have a place in corporate worship but not in leadership roles. I do not believe women should be teaching/preaching to men, only other women and to children 12 and under. Which they could do in homes indeed and not go to an 'assembly'

As for singing in worship groups I think that is fine.

I think it is a good thing for a married woman to pose her questions and concerns to her husband first before going to the 'church' just as it is good practice for a younger woman to seek out a respected older women or male authority figure be it a father or worship leader. It is about respect for the God head and His hierarcy.

If women shouldn't speak at all in church, not even to sing as the logical conclusion would be since singing is a fancy way of talking, nor should they even so much as ask for clarification on a topic of discussion, why should women even be so much as bodily present in the church, period?

Since they cannot interact during services (if Paul's words are to be taken at face value and literally without trying to make them say something different so as not to offend modern feminist opinions), they are really a distant presence there anyway, like furniture.

The church then is really only a place for men to interact in, not women. If women cannot even understand what is being taught, why are they even there to begin with? If the husband can teach doctrine at home, what is the point of women wasting pew space? They aren't really wanted there even by the logical implication of Paul's (and God's) own words.

Other than taking communion, I see no compelling reason why I as a woman should be required to attend church at all then (in fact I am being more obedient in not polluting it by interacting with it at all under the logical implication of this doctrine, as women will drag down the assembly due to being more prone to deception and usurping the authority of men, even by merely speaking any idea at all, which could easily come from Satan like with Eve. By not being there, I cannot possibly destroy the church ever with my naturally evil female tendencies if I simply stay at home and learn doctrine from a man outside the assembly entirely).

Some website online (I don't have the source now, sorry) argued that the word for ecclessica or assembly is male-only, and the church is indeed really only for men, and women aren't meant to have any influence there at all. Not to speak and not to vote, and of course, not to teach or hold any kind of position of authority.

Women speaking is shameful, and therefore, women being an active presence there is shameful too. If they *must* come, they should act like they don't exist while sitting there, taking God's Word logically, honestly, and literally. So, why should women be there at all? After all, they are more prone to deception and false teaching, and could be tempted to usurp the rightful authority of men even just by sitting there with their mere presence....I really ask this question for those who DON'T believe women should speak in church, ever, like Steve Anderson. However, other opinions are welcome...

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think God was equal in sentencing. He made the man the head of the household and siad that her husband would rule over her and that she would have pain in childbirth.

I think we didn't get equal, women got a little harsher punishment because Eve gave Adam the apple. Not that I am complaining because God can do whatever He wants and I'm sure there was a reason for it, more than just what our human minds would think. Part of God's great plan.

Genesis 3:16
16 To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2016
United States
✟16,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think sometimes we have all become too religious on rules and what matters is not that women are teaching men. Would it be the same to say that women can't teach students in Universities doing a medical degree? Do you guys listen to Women singers and get uplifted or do you only get uplifted listening to songs of men?

The issue is about spiritual authority and teaching the Word needs to have this kind of provocative authority. I actually do think it should be ok for trained women to get up and preach at church along with the guys and they take the lead in preaching through matthew for example. The main pastor set the tone for the preaching series so women who preach is going be the instructions of the main pastor.

She is not doing it on her own and seeking instructions from main pastor and that is how it should be done in reformed church but its not which is very sad. Her teachings are authoritative because the Pastors has his hands on it and approves. So when the congregation listens they listen knowing the Main pastor has approved of the teachings. And because of that it means that Trained women can also join in! :)

However if becomes wrong when they take on the leadership and assume the role of spiritual authority and that is what the main stream group and culture is wanting to do. Men can do it so we should too!

If this can happen i will be very happy! We are all under the guidance of the main pastor as we take a small part in teaching! But do understand that teaching comes with great spiritual responsibility! Just look at the church and see what trouble it is! There is most stress and much burden to teach with precision. I think majority sees preaching like giving a passionate talk about a topic.

Just listen to Charles Spurgeon! If his wife could do it she would but back down not because she can't do it but because of the burden and shepherding of God's sheep. Its this authority of why its better for guys to bear this burden and if your not in a reform church you would not know what this is like.

But I think we all made this into such a big issue as I myself am perfectly happily if I don't lead a church! I don't find it that I need to equal what the guys can do.

We need to ask ourselves why do we want to compete with the guys on this issue? Why can't we be satisfied teaching other women about God;s truth? Do we even know what truth is? And guys do you even campaign hard for this? Are you leading the women in your church in all things of truth? Beth Moore? Catholics prays and rituals? And so many other things? Are they any women here that can be on par like Dr james white? Do you know who he is?

And if you guys just is totally divided about the issue then we won't do any better taking the role! :) You see it so simple and clear its dirty work it not just passionate talk.

Do you understand this message below? Guys? Girls? Or is everyone divided about it? And do not agree? So we just cannot move on till its been resolved. So guys where are you on this? I don't see anyone raising this issue here? These are my thoughts and i will let the guys who are more qualified and better to take it further on spiritual truth. Perhaps you can help all of us girls who like to preach understand this important matter!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think sometimes we have all become too religious on rules and what matters is not that women are teaching men. Would it be the same to say that women can't teach students in Universities doing a medical degree? Do you guys listen to Women singers and get uplifted or do you only get uplifted listening to songs of men?

The issue is about spiritual authority and teaching the Word needs to have this kind of provocative authority. I actually do think it should be ok for trained women to get up and preach at church along with the guys and they take the lead in preaching through matthew for example. The main pastor set the tone for the preaching series so women who preach is going be the instructions of the main pastor.

She is not doing it on her own and seeking instructions from main pastor and that is how it should be done in reformed church but its not which is very sad. Her teachings are authoritative because the Pastors has his hands on it and approves. So when the congregation listens they listen knowing the Main pastor has approved of the teachings. And because of that it means that Trained women can also join in! :)

However if becomes wrong when they take on the leadership and assume the role of spiritual authority and that is what the main stream group and culture is wanting to do. Men can do it so we should too!

If this can happen i will be very happy! We are all under the guidance of the main pastor as we take a small part in teaching! But do understand that teaching comes with great spiritual responsibility! Just look at the church and see what trouble it is! There is most stress and much burden to teach with precision. I think majority sees preaching like giving a passionate talk about a topic.

Just listen to Charles Spurgeon! If his wife could do it she would but back down not because she can't do it but because of the burden and shepherding of God's sheep. Its this authority of why its better for guys to bear this burden and if your not in a reform church you would not know what this is like.

But I think we all made this into such a big issue as I myself am perfectly happily if I don't lead a church! I don't find it that I need to equal what the guys can do.

We need to ask ourselves why do we want to compete with the guys on this issue? Why can't we be satisfied teaching other women about God;s truth? Do we even know what truth is? And guys do you even campaign hard for this? Are you leading the women in your church in all things of truth? Beth Moore? Catholics prays and rituals? And so many other things? Are they any women here that can be on par like Dr james white? Do you know who he is?

And if you guys just is totally divided about the issue then we won't do any better taking the role! :) You see it so simple and clear its dirty work it not just passionate talk.
Each one of us must choose if we follow what God says just because He tells that is what is right or if we decide that we know more and make our own decisions.

It doesn't change what God's Word says. The cannon has been closed for more than 1910 years.

Some say God is out of date, but He knows what is good, right and perfect. That never goes out of date, IMHO.

There are women pastor's out there so anyone who wants a woman pastor and does not want to follow God's Word can find that. I believe their is a reason why God commanded this and I won't have a woman pastor because God says no.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what is being referred to by the "law" in that verse, though?

1 Corinthians 14: Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.

Because right after that comes 1 Corinthians 15: The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

And then there is 2 Corinthians 3: But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Some discussions I'm finding on this are interpreting it as a comparison of the old covenant (law) vs the new covenant (law), which would then seem to imply that it's a clarification of sorts as far as which law is to be followed for Christians. Thoughts on that? I find it confusing, to be honest.

Then there are verses like in Galatians 2: “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Or Galatians 3: O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Which goes on to say: Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Or hey Ephesians 2: For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.

And perhaps especially important, 1 Timothy: But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

So.. I'm even seeing some scholars speculating that the part in 1 Corinthians about women not being permitted to speak or learn in church, may have actually been added later without Paul's permission or knowledge, noting that referencing "the law" was very out of character for Paul, not to mention out of character for most of the NT in general.

But I guess in any case, 1 Timothy really breaks it down in a straightforward manner, as it seems to be saying that if you have a non-believer / someone not yet saved coming into your church, then the old laws should probably apply to them, since there is a risk there. By applying the old laws to them, you can let them come and listen to the Gospel while helping to prevent them influencing (on purpose or by accident) members of the church. I can see how this might be especially important with women, since men tend to be especially tempted by women, so if you have a woman in the church who is under satanic influence, and she is up in there speaking and questioning in a manipulative fashion, while men are distracted by her appearance (uncovered head and whatnot), that could go badly. But if a woman is a Christian and saved, and is under the power of the Holy Spirit (as opposed to satanic influence), then the old law is unnecessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If women shouldn't speak at all in church, not even to sing as the logical conclusion would be since singing is a fancy way of talking, nor should they even so much as ask for clarification on a topic of discussion, why should women even be so much as bodily present in the church, period?

Since they cannot interact during services (if Paul's words are to be taken at face value and literally without trying to make them say something different so as not to offend modern feminist opinions), they are really a distant presence there anyway, like furniture.

The church then is really only a place for men to interact in, not women. If women cannot even understand what is being taught, why are they even there to begin with? If the husband can teach doctrine at home, what is the point of women wasting pew space? They aren't really wanted there even by the logical implication of Paul's (and God's) own words.

Other than taking communion, I see no compelling reason why I as a woman should be required to attend church at all then (in fact I am being more obedient in not polluting it by interacting with it at all under the logical implication of this doctrine, as women will drag down the assembly due to being more prone to deception and usurping the authority of men, even by merely speaking any idea at all, which could easily come from Satan like with Eve. By not being there, I cannot possibly destroy the church ever with my naturally evil female tendencies if I simply stay at home and learn doctrine from a man outside the assembly entirely).

Some website online (I don't have the source now, sorry) argued that the word for ecclessica or assembly is male-only, and the church is indeed really only for men, and women aren't meant to have any influence there at all. Not to speak and not to vote, and of course, not to teach or hold any kind of position of authority.

Women speaking is shameful, and therefore, women being an active presence there is shameful too. If they *must* come, they should act like they don't exist while sitting there, taking God's Word logically, honestly, and literally. So, why should women be there at all? After all, they are more prone to deception and false teaching, and could be tempted to usurp the rightful authority of men even just by sitting there with their mere presence....I really ask this question for those who DON'T believe women should speak in church, ever, like Steve Anderson. However, other opinions are welcome...

During that time the women were separated from the men in synagogues, so a woman talking to her husband would have involved yelling across the room, which would have been disruptive.

Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As well, we must also consider that while Eve was deceived by the serpent, Adam knew full well what God had said regarding the tree of good and evil, and so when he ate of the fruit, not only did he do something he knew without a shadow of a doubt was wrong, but he also didn't step up and tell Eve what she was doing was wrong, so that's why God held Adam as equally responsible for the sin as Eve was.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As well, we must also consider that while Eve was deceived by the serpent, Adam knew full well what God had said regarding the tree of good and evil, and so when he ate of the fruit, not only did he do something he knew without a shadow of a doubt was wrong, but he also didn't step up and tell Eve what she was doing was wrong, so that's why God held Adam as equally responsible for the sin as Eve was.

I don't look too deeply into the story.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul was talking to a particular church and women speaking out of turn were a problem
in that particular church. If it was a universal edict, it would have been repeated elswhere.
God's commands to the Corinthians church were for "all the churches of the saints" everywhere. God is not the author of confusion, He does not have one order in one church and another in another church. Paul said he taught the same things everywhere in every church.

"33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.(1 Cor 14:33-38 KJV)

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful inthe Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church."

But having shown this, the issue of women speaking in a assembly of believers (church) is a different issue. The KIND of speaking they are doing is the issue. Women can Prophesy, testify, have a spiritual song and other spiritual gifts. But they cannot judge their husbands and dominate over them or usurp their authority. Men are to rule their own houses and women are to submit to their husbands in everything as scripture teaches. The family order is very important and many times they would meet in another families home. If the wife was to submit to her husband during the week and then judge him and dominate over him in the church in their home, this would cause confusion and fight against the order of God for the family and the church.

This is the issue of what KIND of speaking is being done and a teacher has to rebuke and correct others at times and have spiritual judgement, so a woman should not be a teacher over men.

But women can speak in the church in a certain way. When they prophesy or have a revelation of anything from God it is not so much they that speak but God speaking through them.

We see clear examples of women speaking in this way and even in a church assembling in homes ( which they always met in homes for the first three hundred years or so)

"8 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist,[the church met in philips house, among them there was Paul's company, Philip and His four daughters and more possibly] which was one of the seven; and abode with him. 9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. 10 And as we tarried there many days,"(Acts 21:8-10 KJV)

So women can speak in prophesy in a church in the home that point should be clearly seen here. And we read,

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it
filled all the house where they were sitting...4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."( Acts 2:2 KJV)
and women were there as well, this was a church meeting in the house.

"17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"( Acts 2:17,18 KJV)

1 Corinthians 14:30, 31
"If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted."

"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy... but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."( 1 Cor 14:1,4,5 KJV)

Revelation 19:10
"... for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

"But every
woman that prayeth or prophesieth..."( 1 Cor 11:5 KJV)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God's commands to the Corinthians church were for "all the churches of the saints" everywhere. God is not the author of confusion, He does not have one order in one church and another in another church. Paul said he taught the same things everywhere in every church.

"33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.(1 Cor 14:33-38 KJV)

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful inthe Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church."

But having shown this, the issue of women speaking in a assembly of believers (church) is a different issue. The KIND of speaking they are doing is the issue. Women can Prophesy, testify, have a spiritual song and other spiritual gifts. But they cannot judge their husbands and dominate over them or usurp their authority. Men are to rule their own houses and women are to submit to their husbands in everything as scripture teaches. The family order is very important and many times they would meet in another families home. If the wife was to submit to her husband during the week and then judge him and dominate over him in the church in their home, this would cause confusion and fight against the order of God for the family and the church.

This is the issue of what KIND of speaking is being done and a teacher has to rebuke and correct others at times and have spiritual judgement, so a woman should not be a teacher over men.

But women can speak in the church in a certain way. When they prophesy or have a revelation of anything from God it is not so much they that speak but God speaking through them.

We see clear examples of women speaking in this way and even in a church assembling in homes ( which they always met in homes for the first three hundred years or so)

"8 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist,[the church met in philips house, among them there was Paul's company, Philip and His four daughters and more possibly] which was one of the seven; and abode with him. 9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. 10 And as we tarried there many days,"(Acts 21:8-10 KJV)

So women can speak in prophesy in a church in the home that point should be clearly seen here. And we read,

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it
filled all the house where they were sitting...4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."( Acts 2:2 KJV)
and women were there as well, this was a church meeting in the house.

"17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"( Acts 2:17,18 KJV)

1 Corinthians 14:30, 31
"If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted."

"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy... but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."( 1 Cor 14:1,4,5 KJV)

Revelation 19:10
"... for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

"But every
woman that prayeth or prophesieth..."( 1 Cor 11:5 KJV)

The apostles were offended that Jesus treated women equally.
This happened
-while they followed Jesus,
-walked with Jesus,
-slept with Jesus
-spoke with Jesus,
-and were in His immediate presence.

Paul says he said and did things he wishes he did not do
and so is the "Chief of all sinners."
So evidently, he was still a man without angel wings.

Jesus explains the "The Men are the leaders" lie here:

"You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them,
and their high officials exercise authority over them.
But it shall not be so among you."

Jesus rewarded women for "talking back to him" rather than Him slapping her face, as you are attempting:

28 But she answered him, “Sir, even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”
29 Then He said to her, “For saying that, you may go—the demon has left your daughter.”

Here Jesus slaps your face as you attempt to divide the genders:

And stretching out his hand towards his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother."

and here Jesus slams all the disciples for not trusting the testimony of a woman believer:

14 And afterward he was manifested unto the eleven themselves as they sat at meat; and he upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them that had seen him after he was risen.

Here Jesus illustrates the disiples (men) ignorance of God:

30 Immediately aware that power had gone forth from him, Jesus turned about in the crowd and said, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 And his disciples said to him, “You see the crowd pressing in on you; how can you say, ‘Who touched me?’”

Here Jesus sets his disiples up for a lesson, then rebukes them for their treatment of women:

22 And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.” 23 But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Here are scores of verses:
Are There More Than 50 Bible Verses About How To Treat a Woman?

And finally, this slap in the face of gender
prejudice wisdom:

27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

Joel 2:29
"Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Romans 3:22
And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction,

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commandments is what matters.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.

Galatians 3:26
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0