If we do not defend the rights of people like Jack Phillips, we may soon lose the same rights for...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...ourselves

Jack Phillips has already been to the Supreme Court once, successfully defending his right to decline to bake a cake celebrating a same-sex union. Now he faces another lawsuit, this time for refusing to celebrate a 'gender transition.'

June 24, 2021 (CatholicCulture.org) – St. Thomas More, whose feast we celebrated on Tuesday, was put to death because he would not affirm what he did not believe. His witness should be an inspiration to the many Christians who are today facing the same unreasonable demands: demands that they embrace a lie.

Continued below.
If we do not defend the rights of people like Jack Phillips, we may soon lose the same rights for ourselves

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All I can hope is that they execute me quickly....because I am not going to accept, support, or endorse their sexual insanities.
I have similar thoughts.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Someone in this forum will wisely sometimes write about perseverance.
That is what will be needed ... faith and perseverance ... to endure till the end ...
Perseverance is the quality of continuing to work towards a goal despite obstacles or difficulties. It is the ability to persist in the face of adversity and to maintain motivation and determination in the pursuit of one's objectives.

Perseverance is an important trait to have in many areas of life, such as education, career, and personal development. It allows individuals to overcome challenges and achieve their goals, despite any setbacks or failures they may encounter.

Perseverance can be developed by setting clear and realistic goals, breaking them down into smaller, manageable tasks, and creating a plan to achieve them. It also involves having a positive attitude and mindset, learning from mistakes, and being open to feedback. Practicing patience, being able to adapt to changes, and maintaining a support system also can help in developing perseverance.

It's worth noting that perseverance doesn't mean ignoring when it's time to move on from a certain goal, or pushing oneself to the point of burnout. It's important to know when to take a break, reevaluate the goals and adjust them accordingly.

In summary, perseverance is the ability to continue to work towards a goal despite obstacles and challenges, and it is an important trait to have in many areas of life. It can be developed through clear goal setting, a positive attitude and mindset, and a support system.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People targeting him should get 25 years in prison to make a statement.
Would you want them to put you in prison for 25 years? Should we not treat people the way they think others should be treated?

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Would you want them to put you in prison for 25 years? Should we not treat people the way they think others should be treated?
I'm not targeting someone with the intention of destroying them and their business.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not targeting someone with the intention of destroying them and their business.
That is not their objective. Their objective is to find acceptance. The problem is, they do not accept themselves. So they are asking others to do for them what they can not do for themselves.

Reactions: narnia59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not their objective. Their objective is to find acceptance. The problem is, they do not accept themselves. So they are asking others to do for them what they can not do for themselves.
I would classify it less as "finding acceptance" and more as "forcing change, like it or not".

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah anyways I'm trying not to get caught up in delusion so I'll just ignore that. The alphabet people are intentionally targeting him with the sole purpose of destroying him. It's really that simple.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The alphabet people are intentionally targeting him with the sole purpose of destroying him. It's really that simple.
They are only passing judgment on themselves. Ultimately we all judge ourselves.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see what you are saying. But when one desires ACCEPTANCE, one does not harass and sue someone constantly who does not do the sorts of events you wish to celebrate.
Scardina is demanding acquiescence and obeisance to his views. Scardina should be charged for harassment after multiple actions against this baker who already was forced out of making wedding cakes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums