Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I can tell you that if you do not have the nature of God you are lost and all your religion are in vein.

2 Peter 1:3-4(KJV)

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Aiki, clearly you do not understand the principle of adoption that the Bible speaks about. If you look at adoption in Bible terms and Jewish tradition it does not refer to people from the outside being adopted into a family. It was handing over rights to his son who was already born as his son. In that way we are adopted, given the same authority as the Father with the Father backing us as long as we stay in His will. We are taking over the reigns. This is what we are predestinated to. Does not the Scripture say that the we shall judge the world and even angels?

1 Corinthians 6:2-3

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Aren't we the seed of God? Did not God say every seed shall bring forth of it's kind? I know my Father but clearly you don't. You are religios without the Spirit or this will not be such a great mystery to you. I Am Blood relation to God throug Christ. And yes, thd Father in me is omniscient who leads me into all truth, Omnipotent because no enemy can stand before me, not even death! A part of me is Perfect as He is perfect! Don't you have This? Then you are lost.

If you are not living that Word which is Christ and expressing the nature of God to this dying world it is because you have not partaken of His nature yet and have not received the mind of Christ. It's not me, it's the Father that dwelleth in me. He became me so that I might become Him!

Revelation 3:21 (KJV)
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

I die so He can live through me. It is therefore not I that liveth but the very God in me that liveth through me. I am not my own but His. A prisoner of Christ. A member of Christ.

Or else you are lost! There are no Eternal Life but the very Life of God! Him in fullness me in part but the same nature/ Life.

We become God to this sinfull world! Salvation can not come to you except through the vessel that God has chosen at that particular time. Like the ark. We become mercy to you. For the Mercy Seat are in us where He resides! The Bride becomes Him. I become the Word as I receive the Word. You don't understand it because you don't have it!

I worship the very God that's in me and also my brother and sister. I revere the God that's in me and also my brother and sister. Like father like son.

Last edited:
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if we are in the body of christ...

What does the Bible mean by “you are gods” / "ye are gods" in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34? <-- this article just say "we are not god because we are not gods" but doesnt offer valid arguments
I cannot yet walk on water as God only lets me use my right foot. So, I look like a school girl playing hopscotch. WARNING: never try this in a swimming pool to impress your friends--especially while drinking. Trust me, water is very slippery and cement is very hard. After I was released from the hospital, I once made it out to the waves without falling (as I then can’t get back up). I thought the waves would just roll underneath me like when you’re sitting on your surfboard. The first wave that came picked me up and I started dropping in on one foot--backwards! I immediately did a spin move and then pearled on a backwash. The rest is lovingly referred to, in surfing lingo, as “skip, skip, BOOM”.

• Haha
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Small Fish

Matthew 16:17
Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot yet walk on water as God only lets me use my right foot. So, I look like a school girl playing hopscotch. WARNING: never try this in a swimming pool to impress your friends--especially while drinking. Trust me, water is very slippery and cement is very hard. After I was released from the hospital, I once made it out to the waves without falling (as I then can’t get back up). I thought the waves would just roll underneath me like when you’re sitting on your surfboard. The first wave that came picked me up and I started dropping in on one foot--backwards! I immediately did a spin move and then pearled on a backwash. The rest is lovingly referred to, in surfing lingo, as “skip, skip, BOOM”.
Well Peter did... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did Jesus die as a man? Not like any man I know of. That's because, unlike you and I, he is the God-man.

According to Romans 8:29 he's a brother also.

'For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters."

Reactions: Small Fish
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
All I can tell you that if you do not have the nature of God you are lost and all your religion are in vein.

2 Peter 1:3-4(KJV)

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Does one become the thing of which one partakes? I eat steak. Am I, therefore, a cow? Partaking of God's divine nature is not the same as being God.

Aiki, clearly you do not understand the principle of adoption that the Bible speaks about. If you look at adoption in Bible terms and Jewish tradition it does not refer to people from the outside being adopted into a family. It was handing over rights to his son who was already born as his son. In that way we are adopted, given the same authority as the Father with the Father backing us as long as we stay in His will. We are taking over the reigns. This is what we are predestinated to. Does not the Scripture say that the we shall judge the world and even angels?

This is all essentially a deflection of my questions and points. Again, I ask you: Have you created a universe? Are you all-knowing? Are you all-powerful? Are you perfect in righteousness? NO, you aren't. So, then, you are not as God. Not even close.

If you believe you have the same authority as the Father, speak a universe into existence. Or, let's make the challenge a lot smaller: Take a boat out into a hurricane and command the storm to stop. You have God's authority, right? No problem. Or travel to Death Valley and command the dry, desolate ground there to be lush with vegetation. You have God's authority, so such a feat should be easy as pie. We both know, though, that you can't do any of these things. While they're easy as a thought for God, they're utterly impossible for you (and me). Whatever spiritual authority we may be able to exercise as adopted sons and daughters of God, it is no where near what God possesses and exercises.

Aren't we the seed of God? Did not God say every seed shall bring forth of it's kind?

We are God's seed? Verse, please.

I know my Father but clearly you don't. You are religios without the Spirit or this will not be such a great mystery to you. I Am Blood relation to God throug Christ.

Yes, yes, this is always ultimately the default accusation I get from people who put forward the sorts of things you are. "You aren't a Christian! You can't understand!" Your saying so, though, doesn't make it so. I think you're theological boat has run aground upon my questions and you find yourself stranded theologically and doctrinally. Rather than admit you've overstated yourself and/or are simply mistaken, you've gone on the attack, asserting I'm merely religious and so unable to understand the "great mystery" of your [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-eyed beliefs. But, again, your saying so doesn't make it so.

I Am Blood relation to God throug Christ. And yes, thd Father in me is omniscient who leads me into all truth, Omnipotent because no enemy can stand before me, not even death! A part of me is Perfect as He is perfect! Don't you have This? Then you are lost.

A blood relation to God the Father who is a Spirit? Very amusing! Feel free to explain this one for me!

The Holy Spirit is omniscient and he dwells in you, so you're omniscient, too? Really? Well, then, tell us what the cure for cancer is. Tell me what I had for dinner last night. Tell me what my father-in-law's first name is. For an omniscient person, answering these questions should be easy!

No enemy can stand against you? Well, then, you ought to run right over to the fighting in the Middle East and bring it all to a halt. I'm sure, being omnipotent, you can put ISIS down with just the twitch of your eyebrow. I'll await the reports of your efforts on the evening news!

A part of me is Perfect as He is perfect! Don't you have This? Then you are lost.

You are justified by faith in Christ and thus clothed in his perfect righteousness, but this no more makes you actually perfect than being clothed in a bear skin coat makes you actually a bear! There is no part of you that is perfect. Not one tiny bit. And this is why you need Christ - and will always need him.

The Bride becomes Him. I become the Word as I receive the Word. You don't understand it because you don't have it!

If you are not living that Word which is Christ and expressing the nature of God to this dying world it is because you have not partaken of His nature yet and have not received the mind of Christ. It's not me, it's the Father that dwelleth in me. He became me so that I might become Him!

Again, simply declaring a thing to be doesn't make it so. You can proclaim me a non-believer 'til your teeth fall out, but merely saying I'm not a believer doesn't make it true. And disagreeing with you doesn't separate me from Christ, either. My salvation has nothing whatever to do with being on board with your poor thinking and doctrine.

God did not become you. And you have not become Him. This is as obvious as the sun in the sky or the nose on your face.

I die so He can live through me. It is therefore not I that liveth but the very God in me that liveth through me. I am not my own but His. A prisoner of Christ. A member of Christ.

"You do err, not knowing the Scriptures." Yes, you must die to your Self. But Paul does not say in Galatians 2:20 that he ceases to live as a consequence of being crucified with Christ and indwelt by the Spirit. He writes instead, "...the life that I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Yes, Christ lives in Paul in the Person of the Spirit and this fact has a powerful transforming effect upon him, but Paul does not cease to be Paul and he does not become a deity or a god, but a slave, a bond-servant of Christ, a "vessel meet for the Master's use."

Or else you are lost! There are no Eternal Life but the very Life of God! Him in fullness me in part but the same nature/ Life.

Life, eternal life, is in Christ (1 John 5:11, 12). But when he comes to live within me in the Person of the Spirit, I don't become God any more than the home I live in becomes me because I live in it. The longer I live in my home, the more it reflects me, my character, and tastes, and interests. People come into my home and they see very clearly that I live there. But no one thinks that my home is me. For all that my home reflects who I am, and in spite of the fact that I live in it day in and day out, my home is not a human being and never will be. So, too, with God. His Spirit lives within me but this does not mean I have become God any more than my living in my home means it has become human.

We become God to this sinfull world! Salvation can not come to you except through the vessel that God has chosen at that particular time.

Being a vessel through whom God communicates Himself to the world does not mean we become God. If iced tea is poured into a jug, does the jug itself become iced tea? No. Likewise, God may pour Himself into and through us, but we don't become God thereby any more than a jug filled with iced tea becomes iced tea.

The Bride becomes Him. I become the Word as I receive the Word. You don't understand it because you don't have it!

Uh huh. My wife and I have a very intimate relationship - as intimate a relationship as two people can have. But my wife, my bride, is not me. As closely linked as we are, we remain two distinctly different people. Likewise, the Bride of Christ, the Church, does not become Christ. That is a blasphemous statement, really. The Church is united with Christ as his Bride, but it always remain distinct from him just as my bride does from me.

I worship the very God that's in me and also my brother and sister. I revere the God that's in me and also my brother and sister. Like father like son.

Whoa! More and more blasphemous! Not surprising, actually. Paul wrote about people like you:

Romans 1:21-23
21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man...

Romans 1:25
25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature...

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does one become the thing of which one partakes? I eat steak. Am I, therefore, a cow? Partaking of God's divine nature is not the same as being God.

This is all essentially a deflection of my questions and points. Again, I ask you: Have you created a universe? Are you all-knowing? Are you all-powerful? Are you perfect in righteousness? NO, you aren't. So, then, you are not as God. Not even close.

If you believe you have the same authority as the Father, speak a universe into existence. Or, let's make the challenge a lot smaller: Take a boat out into a hurricane and command the storm to stop. You have God's authority, right? No problem. Or travel to Death Valley and command the dry, desolate ground there to be lush with vegetation. You have God's authority, so such a feat should be easy as pie. We both know, though, that you can't do any of these things. While they're easy as a thought for God, they're utterly impossible for you (and me). Whatever spiritual authority we may be able to exercise as adopted sons and daughters of God, it is no where near what God possesses and exercises.

Yes, yes, this is always ultimately the default accusation I get from people who put forward the sorts of things you are. "You aren't a Christian! You can't understand!" Your saying so, though, doesn't make it so. I think you're theological boat has run aground upon my questions and you find yourself stranded theologically and doctrinally. Rather than admit you've overstated yourself and/or are simply mistaken, you've gone on the attack, asserting I'm merely religious and so unable to understand the "great mystery" of your [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-eyed beliefs. But, again, your saying so doesn't make it so.

A blood relation to God the Father who is a Spirit? Very amusing! Feel free to explain this one for me!

The Holy Spirit is omniscient and he dwells in you, so you're omniscient, too? Really? Well, then, tell us what the cure for cancer is. Tell me what I had for dinner last night. Tell me what my father-in-law's first name is. For an omniscient person, answering these questions should be easy!

No enemy can stand against you? Well, then, you ought to run right over to the fighting in the Middle East and bring it all to a halt. I'm sure, being omnipotent, you can put ISIS down with just the twitch of your eyebrow. I'll await the reports of your efforts on the evening news!

You are justified by faith in Christ and thus clothed in his perfect righteousness, but this no more makes you actually perfect than being clothed in a bear skin coat makes you actually a bear! There is no part of you that is perfect. Not one tiny bit. And this is why you need Christ - and will always need him.

Again, simply declaring a thing to be doesn't make it so. You can proclaim me a non-believer 'til your teeth fall out, but merely saying I'm not a believer doesn't make it true. And disagreeing with you doesn't separate me from Christ, either. My salvation has nothing whatever to do with being on board with your poor thinking and doctrine.

God did not become you. And you have not become Him. This is as obvious as the sun in the sky or the nose on your face.

"You do err, not knowing the Scriptures." Yes, you must die to your Self. But Paul does not say in Galatians 2:20 that he ceases to live as a consequence of being crucified with Christ and indwelt by the Spirit. He writes instead, "...the life that I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Yes, Christ lives in Paul in the Person of the Spirit and this fact has a powerful transforming effect upon him, but Paul does not cease to be Paul and he does not become a deity or a god, but a slave, a bond-servant of Christ, a "vessel meet for the Master's use."

Life, eternal life, is in Christ (1 John 5:11, 12). But when he comes to live within me in the Person of the Spirit, I don't become God any more than the home I live in becomes me because I live in it. The longer I live in my home, the more it reflects me, my character, and tastes, and interests. People come into my home and they see very clearly that I live there. But no one thinks that my home is me. For all that my home reflects who I am, and in spite of the fact that I live in it day in and day out, my home is not a human being and never will be. So, too, with God. His Spirit lives within me but this does not mean I have become God any more than my living in my home means it has become human.

Being a vessel through whom God communicates Himself to the world does not mean we become God. If iced tea is poured into a jug, does the jug itself become iced tea? No. Likewise, God may pour Himself into and through us, but we don't become God thereby any more than a jug filled with iced tea becomes iced tea.

Uh huh. My wife and I have a very intimate relationship - as intimate a relationship as two people can have. But my wife, my bride, is not me. As closely linked as we are, we remain two distinctly different people. Likewise, the Bride of Christ, the Church, does not become Christ. That is a blasphemous statement, really. The Church is united with Christ as his Bride, but it always remain distinct from him just as my bride does from me.

Whoa! More and more blasphemous! Not surprising, actually. Paul wrote about people like you:

21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man...

25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature...
You still don't get it. I never said I am God almighty. But I am His son and therefore like Him. But only in measure. I come from Eternity and go back to Eternity where I was with Him. I am an Attribute of God. Not the whole ocean (God) but a drop (attribute)

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Mark 11:23 (KJV)

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Now Aiki, who do you think Jesus is talking about here? God? Himself? Or us? Is this not an expression of His nature? We are restored back to that. Maybe not you, so speak for yourself, I know what I am.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You still don't get it. I never said I am God almighty.

Oh?

"He became me so that I might become Him!"
"Him in fullness me in part but the same nature/ Life."
"The Bride becomes Him. I become the Word as I receive the Word."

Perhaps you aren't being as careful in your thinking and language as you ought to be, but what you've written above sounds very much to me like you are claiming to be (or will become) God Almighty. In some respects, you will, as you surrender yourself entirely to the rule of the Spirit, become more like Christ - but only in certain ways. You will never be like Christ in every way. And so, you must be careful to clarify this lest you become blasphemous.

When you say you possess the same nature as God, you make an enormous claim. You may reflect something of His character in your own living as you walk rightly with Him and display rudimentary elements of His abilities to reason, and anticipate, and be self-aware, but you will never possess God's nature in its entirety. I've tried to point this out to you with questions that highlight the astronomical difference between your capacities and God's.

No where in Scripture do we ever read that the Bride of Christ becomes Christ himself. No where in the Bible is it stated that as we receive the Word, who is Christ, that we become him. We may manifest aspects of his character over time, but we will never be him. There is only one Word, who is Jesus Christ.

Now Aiki, who do you think Jesus is talking about here?

He is talking to his disciples. This is crystal clear from the passage.

Is this not an expression of His nature?

Is what an expression of his nature, exactly? Strong faith? Miraculous acts? Both? I'm assuming both. Miraculous acts are an expression of one facet of Christ's divine nature.

We are restored back to that. Maybe not you, so speak for yourself, I know what I am.

No, you aren't "restored back to that." Unless you believe yourself to be one of the Twelve, which would be silly. Besides, when was the last time you moved a mountain into the sea with the strength of your faith? When was the last time you did anything even comparable? Never, I suspect.

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh?

"He became me so that I might become Him!"
"Him in fullness me in part but the same nature/ Life."
"The Bride becomes Him. I become the Word as I receive the Word."

Perhaps you aren't being as careful in your thinking and language as you ought to be, but what you've written above sounds very much to me like you are claiming to be (or will become) God Almighty. In some respects, you will, as you surrender yourself entirely to the rule of the Spirit, become more like Christ - but only in certain ways. You will never be like Christ in every way. And so, you must be careful to clarify this lest you become blasphemous.

When you say you possess the same nature as God, you make an enormous claim. You may reflect something of His character in your own living as you walk rightly with Him and display rudimentary elements of His abilities to reason, and anticipate, and be self-aware, but you will never possess God's nature in its entirety. I've tried to point this out to you with questions that highlight the astronomical difference between your capacities and God's.

No where in Scripture do we ever read that the Bride of Christ becomes Christ himself. No where in the Bible is it stated that as we receive the Word, who is Christ, that we become him. We may manifest aspects of his character over time, but we will never be him. There is only one Word, who is Jesus Christ.

Is what an expression of his nature, exactly? Strong faith? Miraculous acts? Both? I'm assuming both. Miraculous acts are an expression of one facet of Christ's divine nature.

No, you aren't "restored back to that." Unless you believe yourself to be one of the Twelve, which would be silly. Besides, when was the last time you moved a mountain into the sea with the strength of your faith? When was the last time you did anything even comparable? Never, I suspect.

2 Corinthians 5:21King James Version (KJV)

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is fairly obvious that we are not gods.

But we are called to be like God, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." And the closer you get to Him, the less imperfections you will have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes we are to become like God. I agree, but we are to be as close to as perfect as possible. I forget, are you in agreement with this guy that we are gods too? What I have been saying is that we are to be as perfect as possible and become like God, and carry God's works through us. But He knows we will fall and and are not perfect which therefore, stands to reason that we aren't gods too. Not even close.

While I am but a worm and a sinner, we are called to be PERFECT! I know that I cannot arrive at that without God's help. But I believe that not only are we to strive for perfection, with God's help, we can achieve it. Not to be little gods ourselves, but to be better united with Him.

WE ARE the Body of Christ, and if He is perfect, then WE have to be perfect to be part of that Body!

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We very obviously don't. Are you omniscient? Are you all-powerful? Are you omnipresent? Do you exist necessarily as God does? Have you created a universe? Are you perfect? Like every other human, you must answer "no" to each of these questions. How, then, can you claim to be of the same nature as God? You are finite; God is infinite. You are sinful; God is morally perfect. You are relatively ignorant; God knows all things. And so on. That you (and all the rest of us) don't have the same nature as God could not be more obviously true!

Let me try and spell it out to you. So you can understand where I'm coming from.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself,
even as he is pure.(SAME NATURE)
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous,
even as he is righteous.(SAME NATURE)
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed
(SEED OF GOD) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.(SAME NATURE)
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.(DEVIL'S NATURE)
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.(SAME NATURE)

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
(NOT SAME NATURE, DEVIL'S NATURE)
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.(DEVIL'S NATURE)
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.(SAME NATURE) He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.(DEVIL'S NATURE)
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.(DEVIL'S NATURE)

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
(SAME NATURE)
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(SAME NATURE)
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him.(SAME NATURE) And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.(SAME NATURE)

Amateur gods? Yikes! That's the oldest lie in the book! An artist's oil painting comes from the artist but does that make the oil painting of the same nature as the artist who painted it? Of course not! That would be a silly thing to say! An oil painting is profoundly different in its fundamental nature from the nature of the artist who painted it. The painting can't think, or create, or hold a conversation; it can't paint another painting, or compose a poem. The painting may have come from the artist but clearly it is not the same as the artist. Not at all.

Exodus 14:15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
16 But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Amateur god's? I'll say, and not only for the disciples.

Likewise, we come from God but we don't share in His nature any more than the oil painting shares in the nature of the artist who painted it. We can't create universes; we don't know all there is to know; we aren't perfect in righteousness, justice, holiness, faith and love.

We are not His oil painting we are His children. He Fathered us. Like beget Like. Simple

We may have the Spirit living within us, but this no more makes us gods than having air within us (in our lungs as we breathe) makes us a gas, or cloud, or atmosphere. We don't become air because we take it in with every breath and we don't become God because we have taken in His Spirit.

This is clearly false. See above. In fact, this is blasphemous. You will give an account to God one day for every word you utter (or write). Be careful.

No, This is Scriptural. If you want I can give you plenty of examples. I've even seen real live ones!

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But we are called to be like God, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." And the closer you get to Him, the less imperfections you will have.

I am morally imperfect. One day, by God's grace, I will be morally perfect. But I will always be ontologically finite. I will never be infinite like he is.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am morally imperfect. One day, by God's grace, I will be morally perfect. But I will always be ontologically finite. I will never be infinite like he is.

But the point is, as we ARE the Body of Christ, we will be infinite, too!

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But the point is, as we ARE the Body of Christ, we will be infinite, too!

Living forever doesn't make me infinite. I'm a ray, not a straight line.

Plus I'll never be infinite in power, wisdom, glory, etc. I will never not need God to provide for all of my needs. All my virtues will be limited, though I will be without sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a deflection of my point. Again, I ask: are you perfect? Are you omnipotent? Are you all-knowing? Can you create a universe? NO. You can't. So, while you may have been adopted by God into His family as a son, this does not mean you are like God any more than a man adopting a dog into his family makes the dog a human.

Please answer me, was Jesus kidding when He said...

Matthew 5:48 (KJV)
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

What did He mean and how am I going to do that?

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

What? Them that are perfect?

And no, I'm not
omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent because I'm not the fullness of the Godhead Bodily but I'm sure part of it GIVING ME THE SAME NATURE AS HIM BUT ONLY IN PART.

The Bible does say we are created in the "imago dei," the image of God. What does this mean? It means we have some of the same capacities as God: We can philosophize; we can distinguish moral rights from wrongs; we can anticipate future events; we can plan, and calculate, and extrapolate; we can joke, and appreciate beautiful things. But for all of these things we have in common with our Creator, He is far more unlike us than like us. He is not one of us and we are not little versions of Him.
So tell me, was Adam created holy and righteous or wicked? God's nature or the devil's nature?

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
9 "For
as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

And this my friend is why we must receive the Mind of Christ.

What does "born of the Spirit"mean? That you have become as God? No. It means that by the power of the Spirit you are no longer one who is "dead in trespasses and sins" but have been made "alive unto God through Jesus Christ." Does this mean you are a god? Absolutely not! Being regenerated spiritually does not confer upon you omniscience, or holy perfection, or the power to create a universe. Obviously.
It means you come from God, you are of the same specie. And I'm not talking about the flesh. Once again in part not in whole. Who says I need to be omniscient to have the same nature as Him. Omniscient is not necessarily a nature but rather an ability. Can't I have the same nature as my dad without having all his abilities? Like a loving nature for instance. We are part of Him but I'm not all of Him. Why is that so hard to understand? Unless of course you are willingly ignorant.

I know my Bible pretty well. Better, I suspect, than you do. I'm not, after all, the one declaring he's a little god.

Maybe...

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

What does "the firstfruits of many to come" mean? Do you know?

It means there are more to come. First Fruits. Should not be that difficult.

The Bible doesn't speak to medical science. It doesn't say one word about how to do brain surgery or transplant a kidney. Should we keep silent, then, about medical science? The Bible doesn't say anything about how to build a car transmission, or a satellite, or bake a chocolate cake. Should we say nothing about these things, then? Ought we to keep silent about transmissions, satellites and chocolate cake? Of course not.

No it means do not ad or take away from Scripture

No where does the Bible say you possess God's nature. No where. You are given a new spiritual nature in Christ, but this no more makes you God, than being given a good education makes you a wise and intelligent person. Some of the most foolish and idiotic people I know have college degrees.

Really?

1 John 3 (KJV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Baloney. You have badly twisted Scripture here. First of all, most of Mark 16 (from verse 11 to the end of the chapter) is considered by the majority of Bible scholars as a late addition to Mark and not a part of the original manuscript. Second, Jesus did not say "the works that I do you will do, too" in Mark 16. Thirdly, no where in the entire New Testament is miracle working made a sign of genuine salvation. You say I don't know Scripture but you demonstrate above a serious ignorance and misunderstanding of it yourself.

Yes, yes. If that ain't the devil speaking I don't know. You are to late. I've already seen it manifested. Jesus said...

John 10:37
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Sounds pretty important to me.

*Sigh* Why is this always the way people like you respond? You don't actually think through what is said to you but just knee-jerk react with unsupported assertions and personal attacks.

I've been a born-again believer since I was eight years old. I'm past fifty now. I know I'm a true child of God, not because of miracles attending my every step, but because I can see the transforming work of God's Spirit in my mind and character and desires. It is not speaking in tongues or healings that show me to be a child of God but the "peaceable fruit of righteousness," the "fruit of the Spirit," in evidence in my life. Anyone can fake silly babbling and healings have been faked over and over again by so-called "faith healers" for decades. But a holy life characterized by selflessness, and moral purity, and love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, faith and so on - these are the true signs of a child of God that cannot be faked.

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Are they following you? Do you at least believe in them? It's the difference between a believer and an unbeliever and don't tell me it is not so. I've personally seen and experienced such. It Shall! not maybe, perhaps or if you feel like it.

Do you know what that phrase means? Other translations render it more clearly:

Philippians 2:5-6 (NASB)
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Did you get that? Jesus did not think equality with God something to be grasped. But you seem to think it is. Interesting that, don't you think?

His Thoughts must become our thoughts. That is what it means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess in one sense there is a truth to it. You are what you eat. You eat junk you become unhealthy. If you eat healthy you become healthier (generally). But I think this verse have a bigger realization of this principal. It refers to life and godliness which we become part of this Divine nature. Are you a sophist or what? How come I must spell everything out to you?

2 Peter 1:3-4King James Version (KJV)

2+2=4

In case you did not get my previous analogy. There is a difference between abilities and nature. I might be a loving well mannered person like my Father or strict and frank without having all his abilities. I still have some of his attributes. Have you ever done something just to realize your father use to do the same thing? It happens to me often. It's that strain.

If God tells me to, yes. Like Moses. The sea had to listen to him. And once again, I've seen it done so I know it's true. Even Jesus said...

John 5:30 (KJV)
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

The Spoken Word is the original seed. What seed are you? Every seed shall bring forth of it's kind. That's a law of God.

Really? I'll take you on any day. The problem I was on my mobile phone, working and busy with my responsibilities. All I could do is come online hit a few things from the top of my head and run. Your observation was wrong.

The only relationship we have with God is through the Blood. But not for all. Only His children. See, Blood relation. Get it?

As I said, His nature not all ability but only as He leads. If He want's to show it He can and I've seen it done.

That's pretty carnal. They are not my enemy. Maybe you should ask what I mean by that firstly.

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Exodus 23:22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

It's actually Scripture

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Your wife is not in you and you are not in your wife. It's different.

I think it is you who have not come to the recognition of God, not me.

1 John 4 (KJV)
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

So what does this Scripture actually say? That if you believe that Jesus Christ lived in flesh on earth that you are of God? Then why are we arguing? We are both of God then.

No, it does not say he that confesseth that Jesus Christ have come in the flesh but rather Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. Present tense. What flesh? My flesh and my brother's flesh and my sister's flesh. Which you obviously deny by what you are saying.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(SAME NATURE)
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (SAME NATURE)
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.(SAME NATURE)

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh?

No, you aren't "restored back to that." Unless you believe yourself to be one of the Twelve, which would be silly.
who told you the twelve disciples of jesus are superior humans?

Reactions: Small Fish
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 5:21King James Version (KJV)

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Yes? And? Does this verse say "That we might be made God Himself"? Nope.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself,
even as he is pure.(SAME NATURE)

Why do you insert "same nature"? That's not what the verse says. A surprising addition from one who was cautioning me about adding or taking away from Scripture. Being like Christ is not sharing in the divine essence or nature. We may be seek to be like him in our conduct, but doing so does not mean we are, therefore, deities.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.(SAME NATURE)

No, same behaviour.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed(SEED OF GOD) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.(SAME NATURE)

The "seed" is the Holy Spirit who gives us a second, spiritual birth by which we are "made alive unto God." The Holy Spirit does not makes us into gods, however, for there is only One Triune God beside whom there is no other god. He empowers and transforms us, but we remain created beings, prone to sin, finite, ignorant and imperfect.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.(DEVIL'S NATURE)

This isn't speaking of nature but of attitude and behaviour.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.(SAME NATURE)

This is a commandment to follow, not a declaration of our divinity!

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.(NOT SAME NATURE, DEVIL'S NATURE)

This verse says nothing about Cain being of the devil's nature. It says he did evil, but it says nothing at all about his nature. You are reading into the verse what it doesn't say.

In all of the rest of the verses and passages where you do this "same nature/devil's nature" stuff you're guilty of the very same things as I've pointed out above.

Exodus 14:15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
16 But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

God divided the sea for Moses. It was not something Moses himself did.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Amateur god's? I'll say, and not only for the disciples.

False doctrine. Plain and simple. You are not one of the Twelve to whom Jesus spoke the words above, charged with the establishment of the Early Church. And I have yet to see a believer do anything even remotely as incredible as commanding a mountain to fall into the sea - even ones like you who make outrageous claims to supernatural power. That's because Mark 11:23 doesn't apply to any but those to whom Christ was speaking.

We are not His oil painting we are His children. He Fathered us. Like beget Like. Simple

He created us; He did not "father" us. Like does not beget like in this instance because we are not God's physical progeny but His creations. And just like a painting an artist paints is his creation, not his actual progeny, we are creations, not the progeny of God. This is very obvious and simple reasoning...

Please answer me, was Jesus kidding when He said...

Matthew 5:48 (KJV)
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

What did He mean and how am I going to do that?

No, Jesus was not kidding. He meant what he said. How is his command accomplished? By the atoning work of Christ at Calvary, the spiritual regeneration and empowering work of the Holy Spirit, and the imputation of Christ's righteousness to us. Don't you know this?

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

What? Them that are perfect?

A better translation of this verse - and a much more common translation - is as follows:

1 Corinthians 2:6
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

The NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV, NRSV, ISV, etc. all use "mature" instead of "perfect." Changes your question, I think, quite a bit.

And no, I'm not omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent because I'm not the fullness of the Godhead Bodily but I'm sure part of it GIVING ME THE SAME NATURE AS HIM BUT ONLY IN PART.

You don't possess God's nature. You simply don't. God's Spirit within you (if you are one of His) possesses God's essential nature, but you are intractably human. You can act like God in some superficial respects, but this no more makes you God than a monkey acting like a human makes the monkey a human. Similarity does not equate to identicality.

So tell me, was Adam created holy and righteous or wicked? God's nature or the devil's nature?

Adam was created innocent. He had no moral sense, no sense of good and evil. He only obtained this sense when he disobeyed God and ate of the Forbidden Fruit. And the fact that Adam was created separates his human nature eternally and fundamentally from God's nature. Surely, this is stating the obvious...

It means you come from God, you are of the same specie.

This is false. Coming from God, being one of His creations, does not make you of the same "species" as God. You are not a little god; you are a little human. You had a beginning; God did not; you depend upon God for your existence; God depends upon nothing for His existence; God is perfect; you sin every day. Very clearly, you are NOT of the same "species" as God.

Once again in part not in whole. Who says I need to be omniscient to have the same nature as Him.

This is silly. Omniscience is a fundamental aspect of God's nature; it is part of what makes God, God. If He were not omniscient, God would not be God. This is basic Christian theology. To assert on one hand that you are the same as God and then admit on the other that you don't share in His essential nature is to speak nonsense. You can't be both God and not-God at the same time! Why don't you understand such a basic rule of logic?

Really?

1 John 3 (KJV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

This verse does not say you possess God's nature. It says you may be like God but it doesn't say you will be identical to Him. To say, though, that you possess God's nature requires that you be just like God in His divine essence. And you aren't. You aren't even close. No one is.

John 10:37
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Sounds pretty important to me.

It was very important because Jesus was claiming to speak for God and to be God in the flesh. You make a claim like that, you'd better be able to prove it! And Jesus did. But not to prove he was saved, but that he was the Saviour come from God to redeem mankind.

Upvote 0