want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my brothers, i will think we are god but that doesnt mean nothing different that we are now, we can die, we can get diseases, but for example we can create life when we have children, also is god that gives life but i dont dig so much beyond

we are god but that isn't important at all, we are eternal with jesus in his body according to his image

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If "gods" means judges/rulers then only they are the children of God according to Psalm 82:6.
How does verse 7 tie into that though? Verse 7 makes it tie back in with rulers/judges/ people of power Who aren't just.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If "gods" means judges/rulers then only they are the children of God according to Psalm 82:6.
Not only that but the chapter itself focuses on that. Read verses 1-3 for example also the overall tone of this chapter is negative God seemingly upset with the rulers/judjges.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
if we are in the body of christ...

What does the Bible mean by “you are gods” / "ye are gods" in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34? <-- this article just say "we are not god because we are not gods" but doesnt offer valid arguments
He (The Father, through the Son, by the H.S.) "calls things that are not, as though they are" (by faith) and it/they/them are, or is, or becomes so, by this (0% doubt and no fear)...

We are not god's or until or unless he calls us gods, and this would be like and would involve an angelic like spirits or demonic like spirits, or a war going on in us between both for our soul... Are we calling the thing that are not, as if they are, spiritually speaking...? Our positions in heaven only God knows, or if it has anything to do with what you've been through or have overcome, or not...? God knows...

We are slowly learning, just at the beginnings of this, in fields like quantum physics touch on, in how we could possibly be like this/that, even in this world, and what we could do with no doubt or fear by faith...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

We aren't literally in the body of Christ. We are in the Body of Christ, which is the Church, however. Spiritually, we are in Christ and he is in us by the Holy Spirit. (Ro. 8:1-18)

Psalms 82:1-8
1 God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the rulers.
2 How long will you judge unjustly And show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
3 Vindicate the weak and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They do not know nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 "Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth! For it is You who possesses all the nations.

To whom is God referring when He says, "You are gods"? All those who are "sons of the Most High." Are these "sons of the Most High," these "gods," like God? No. They will "die like men, and fall like any one of the princes." They also were guilty of judging unjustly and showing partiality to the wicked. These "gods" seem to be very finite and temporal - quite unlike Jehovah - and not at all as God is in His perfect justice and judgment. In what sense, then, are these "sons of the Most High" like gods? In the sense that they execute justice and judgment for God among the people under their authority.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We aren't literally in the body of Christ. We are in the Body of Christ, which is the Church, however. Spiritually, we are in Christ and he is in us by the Holy Spirit. (Ro. 8:1-18)

Psalms 82:1-8
1 God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the rulers.
2 How long will you judge unjustly And show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
3 Vindicate the weak and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They do not know nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 "Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth! For it is You who possesses all the nations.

To whom is God referring when He says, "You are gods"? All those who are "sons of the Most High." Are these "sons of the Most High," these "gods," like God? No. They will "die like men, and fall like any one of the princes." They also were guilty of judging unjustly and showing partiality to the wicked. These "gods" seem to be very finite and temporal - quite unlike Jehovah - and not at all as God is in His perfect justice and judgment. In what sense, then, are these "sons of the Most High" like gods? In the sense that they execute justice and judgment for God among the people under their authority.
Who is the wicked...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who is the wicked...?

God Bless!
Those who were judged it's like modern corruption in courts in certain foreign areas like the Sahel region for example ... where corrupt jujdhes favor wicked people who have money

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

What does the Bible mean by “you are gods” / "ye are gods" in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34? <-- this article just say "we are not god because we are not gods" but doesnt offer valid arguments

I do not think "gods" is meant to be taken in a literal context. More like we are valuable to God as his precious Children.

Though as I understand it, believing that we are literal gods/can become gods is a LDS doctrine. One I can't say I agree with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Who is the wicked...?

God Bless!
Me, I have trouble thinking of anyone else as wicked, when I know, I am no better, and so very much need (or needed and feel like I now I have) so very much need Christ in my life now, he saved me from a lot, A LOT... I am so very grateful...

Are the wicked those who follow themselves as god's are the wicked, or the proud, or who follow after other god's...

Who is the wicked...? If it means sinner, then were all wicked, keep that in mind...

There has to be a difference between a forgiven penitent sinner, going to heaven, and wicked person, going to hell, for their (crimes) or evil...

God Bless!

• Informative
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is just using that verse against their own judgment of him stating he was blaspheming in respects to what they considered equal with God (which would be the Son of God in that equality) so he turns it on them. Is it not written I said YE are gods? He doesn't complete the verse which goes on to say, "CHILDREN of the most high" but he was basically saying why you griping bout me saying I am the Son of God (then raising the issue of being equal to God) when the psalms itself does that, like how do you nutballs recconcile that?

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we are adopted. (Romans 8:23, Galatians 4:5, Ephesians 1:5)
How can we both be begotten of God (John 3) and "adopted" at the same time?

If you are a son of the living God then you are begotten of God from above--NOT ADOPTED!

Only the Jew's are said to be "adopted" in Scripture.

If you wish to "but" heads on this, I'll give you a lesson on personal pronouns!

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods 'elohiym H430

Not sure of anyone posted these so posting them
  1. (plural)
    1. rulers, judges

2. divine ones

3. angels

4. gods
  2. (plural intensive - singular meaning)
    1. god, goddess

2. godlike one

3. works or special possessions of God

4. the (true) God

5. God

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does verse 7 tie into that though? Verse 7 makes it tie back in with rulers/judges/ people of power Who aren't just.
Not only that but the chapter itself focuses on that. Read verses 1-3 for example also the overall tone of this chapter is negative God seemingly upset with the rulers/judjges.

All the things they are asked to do also apply to the duty of a Christian. Judging rightly when in comes to the poor and needy for example. Plus, Jesus applied it to the Pharisees. So the Pharisees are gods and children of the most high, because of their status, but other people aren't.

• Informative
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
my brothers, i will think we are god but that doesnt mean nothing different that we are now, we can die, we can get diseases, but for example we can create life when we have children, also is god that gives life but i dont dig so much beyond

we are god but that isn't important at all, we are eternal with jesus in his body according to his image

The oldest lie of Satan is that we can be as God. This was his temptation to Eve in Eden. She fell for it and people are still falling for it today.

We aren't gods. We are sons of God insofar as we have been adopted into God's family through faith in Christ, but we are nothing like God in His divine essence. He exists necessarily; we exist contingently; He is all-powerful; we are not; He is all-knowing; we are terriby ignorant, and so on. It is human pride that tempts us to think that we can be as God is.

We don't create in anything like the way God does. We can produce children, but only because God has first created the means and materials by which we do so. We don't have any control, though, over what sex the child will be, or what physical characteristics it will have, or its personality or intellect. But God does. We can't create ex nihilo after the manner of God. We can't create the very stuff of the universe. So, trying to draw a parallel between our creative acts and God's is to mistake profoundly the massive difference there is between what and how God creates and what and how we create.

So, again, we are not gods. Not even close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont see anything wrong with the adoption its by the Spirit we belong to Him

Ephes 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

So we are (by Christ) the children of God (which cry to God, the Father) "Abba Father" by the Spirit we are sealed by.

Rom 8:15... ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Ephes 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Yet in respects to Jesus (brethren)

Heb 2:11 For both he (Jesus) that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

John 20:16 I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Children born not by the will of the flesh but by the willl of God who were predestined unto the adoption by Christ unto God according to the good pleasure of his will

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He (The Father, through the Son, by the H.S.) "calls things that are not, as though they are" (by faith) and it/they/them are, or is, or becomes so, by this (0% doubt and no fear)...

We are not god's or until or unless he calls us gods, and this would be like and would involve an angelic like spirits or demonic like spirits, or a war going on in us between both for our soul... Are we calling the thing that are not, as if they are, spiritually speaking...? Our positions in heaven only God knows, or if it has anything to do with what you've been through or have overcome, or not...? God knows...

We are slowly learning, just at the beginnings of this, in fields like quantum physics touch on, in how we could possibly be like this/that, even in this world, and what we could do with no doubt or fear by faith...

God Bless!
Hello Apprentice Lion! I am Aslan, the Lion King. Pull this thorn out of my paw! :)

You brought up quantum physics--God Bless You!

Upvote 0