If UFO's are proven to be 100% real, what happens to your faith?

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Going back to topic, @Jipsah you did not really answer the title question of this thread. It is not a question of whether UFOs are real or not, but what it means for your faith? Can we assume that you'll lose your faith, or it would be effected, if they are 100% proven to be real since you are so emotionally vested against UFOs in this discussion? It sounds like its incompatible with your belief system and identity so one would have to go, right?

• Prayers
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can only assume that based upon the bulk of the responses here, that if aliens ever do land on Earth in i

Your answer is an interesting one However, based upon the vast majority of the answers given in this thread, it would appear that if somehow, someway, humanoid alien life, not angels or demons, were to land on Earth in a manner which was undeniable, then there would be faith issues for many Christians.

Sometimes Christians have to reevaluate their theology when new information has been revealed to them. This has been going on since the beginning of the church.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
for us’.

“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.(kosmos)”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The Greek word “kosmos” translated to “world” can also refer to the universe.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not you have mentioned many things that the devil can do
Because a pox on the devil! I don't care if The Loser can stand on his head and stack oiled BBs, in the end he's toast, and he knows it. And if the best he can do is persuade people that there are flying saucers and aliens everywhere, so what? I don't care if flying saucers become a problem for ATC and aliens run for the US Congress. If God made aliens, they're there, if He didn't, they ain't. End of.

If God made 'em they're His, just like us; the "they don't have souls" stuff is hogwash. It's akin to the stupid belief years ago that children conceived via in vitro fertilization "didn't have souls". Idiocy.

"Oh, but the Bible doesn't say He made people on other planets." It doesn't say He made people in Cleveland, either, but there they are (God help them). Maybe they don't have souls either. I mean, as long as we're being ridiculous.

So space tales about what the devil can do. "Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" QSL?

but you seem to know the limits of the devil why can't he deceive us with the notion of UFOs and ET life is that too hard for the devil to accomplish.
If the devil is that keen on doing stupid and pointless things, let him. Maybe he won't find time to do anything really destructive, like converting people to diabolical religions or believing that the entire universe exists in their own heads (i.e., materialism). Pay attention to what we know he's doing and forget nonsensical B-movie notions of what he could do.

Upvote 0

Believer000

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Feb 23, 2018
Coventry
✟25,222.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

It would not affect my faith, if anything it would make it stronger. I believe alien beings, - if they exist, are demonic beings.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Oh, but the Bible doesn't say He made people on other planets." It doesn't say He made people in Cleveland, either, but there they are (God help them). Maybe they don't have souls either. I mean, as long as we're being ridiculous.

The Bible doesn’t say He made the Irish either :(

• Haha
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is enough evidence out there. You are choosing to ignore it.
Oh yeah, the "evidence" that every time anybody any where sees something they don't recognize it's a demon. That's not evidence of anything except the terrible dearth of rational thought of the populace as a whole.
Going back to the hospitals, perhaps cancer was a bad analogy.
The fact that you saw it as comparable speaks volumes. Lessee, evidence of a disease that kills mllions vs. evidence of aliens (demonic or otherwise) who nobody has ever demonstrably seen, heard or interacted with in any way. Apparently the magnitude of the difference is lost on you.

"Ah, but abductees!" What about them? Last night Robert E. Lee dragged me out of my bed, forced me to go with him to Gettysburg PA in 1864 to explain what he really mean to do there, took me back to my house, stayed for a cup of coffee, and then disappeared. I awoke 3 hours later, AND THERE WERE TWO EMPTY COFFEE CUPS ON THE KITCHEN TABLE! THERE'S YOUR PROOF!
Covid would have been a better one because you have people denying the virus is real, hospitals are lying about people overwhelming them (ie in reality they are empty) and it's all a ploy to get people to take a nano-particle vaccine so people can have mind-control, etc..... People believe this UNTIL they or someone close to them got infected and then later got very sick, died or got long-covid.
The virus deniers are more closely akin to the UFO buffs than otherwise. They denied the evidence of people dying around them because it didn't fit their narrative. They had to deny the virus because their faith depended on it. UFOloonies deny the dearth of evidence that aliens (demonic or otherwise) exist at all, because it doesn't fit their narrative. They insist on the existence of aliens of whatever kind because their faith depends on it.

I'm a firm believer in the law of parsimony: a principle according to which an explanation of a thing or event is made with the fewest possible assumptions. In other words, the simplest answer is the most likely correct. During the pandemic, I accepted the existence of the virus because I could see the evidence all around me. Deniers had to build a complex web of conspiracies and cabals and what have you to explain the virus they didn't believe was there. One view was parsimonious, one was not. One was obvious, and one was not. In the words of the Prophet Mohammed,"Duh!"

Same with the idiot "wet market" notion of the origin of the virus. One view said that Chinese people eat bats, because strange foreign people will eat bats (I never knew a Chinese person you could throw a bat and hit with it, much less get him to eat one), and that Covid 19 had by some coincidence jumped from bats to people because old Mrs. Chen had bought a bat and cooked it and then everyone who'd had supper with her caught the disease and thus a pandemic was born.

OR... THERE WAS AN ACCIDENT DOWN THE STREET AT THE VIRUS WORKS, A VIRUS THEY WERE WORKING ON GOT OUT, HENCE THE PANDEMIC!

One of those is parsimonious, one is not. Your choice.

So, you see a flying thing, you don't recognize it, so it's probably either: A) a boring workaday flying thing that for whatever reason you couldn't make out properly, or B) a demon attempting to pass himself off as an alien from outer space so as to deceive you into believing that aliens exist so that you will abandon your Christian faith and replace it with alien worship or something we're not sure what. WHICH EXPLANATION IS PARSIMONIOUS?

However, I think the best evidence is the ancient structures, such as Pyramids (not just in Egypt, but in Peru and other parts of Latin America), or ruins where the stones are carved in such a precision and are so heavy to quarry and carry to another location that even modern equipment and machinery can't even do that would point to signs, that the world as we know it is not easily defined. You can't hide the fact these structures exist in the first place or that that are impossible to construct in the modern age, let alone with people using stones and sticks.
OK, so the pyramids and such were either made by:A) aliens, B) demons trying to make believe they're aliens, or C) people pretty much like us who knew how to make the best of the resources they had at the time. Which of those choices is parsimonious? I think I can predict your answer.

BTW, yes, we could build the pyramids today, if anyone was inclined to do so given the time, money, and resources it would require, which no one is.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
If the devil is that keen on doing stupid and pointless things, let him.
I don't think it is pointless that the devil is deceiving many people it is destructive and it is the aim of the devil to destroy. Convincing people that ET exists is destructive as it can lead people away from God and it can open doors to satanic spirits. We must warn people of this danger to do our part in helping as many people to find Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blind Fredy can tell the differencebetween an aeroplane and a disc.
"Can you tell a green field, From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep, back in the 60s. What would you like yoo know about it?

What objects? This is right where you lot go foul. You have the ridiculous notion that anything unidentified is unidentifiable, and it therefore something spooky. That's simply absurd. Most, if not all, unidentified objects are identifiable if you have evidence. Hate to break it to you, but most "UFO" reports, upon investigation, turn out to be, not flying saucers or demons, but airplanes. Boring, yeah, put precisely what a logical person would expect.

That's simply just an 'attempt' to write off ALL reports of UFO's as being fake.

Sorry, but your theories are just too late in trying to prove UFO's don't exist.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BTW, and FWIW, the parsimonious answer as to whether aliens exist or not is WE DON'T BLOODY KNOW! No evidence is no evidence, end of. "Jimmy said he got abducted" isn't evidence. "It defied the laws of Physics" means whoever said it is a lousy observer.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it is pointless that the devil is deceiving many people it is destructive and it is the aim of the devil to destroy.
Which he does by the millions by converting them to Islam. BUt hey, flying saucers are cool...

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Can you tell a green field, From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?"
I can tell my hands from my feet a plane from a satellite. I know what I personally have experienced and I know I can't convince everyone. My best advice to anyone is when confronted by the supernatural cry out to Jesus because your encounter may not be what you were hoping for.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The OP makes a good point, because it is apparent so far, even from some responders on this thread, that they think even the 'idea' of reporting UFOs is a direct attack on their Faith in Jesus Christ and The Bible. But all that really shows is their Biblical illiteracy.

The Ezekiel 1 event that Ezekiel was shown of an object with God's throne on it, is enough Biblical evidence that such an object he described there actually exists. It's simply that that object was of the heavenly realm, a dimension that really too many of my Christian brethren do not yet understand, being so wrapped up in their fleshy mind.

I do not believe aliens exist, and that is the real myth in all this.

However, the atheists do... tend to believe that aliens exist. Even their head atheist, Richard Dawkins, admitted the possibility that aliens founded our DNA and planted us here on earth (which kind of sounds like he was copying the movie Stargate, huh?). Well with atheists, anything except... God, will do.

So just who... would be pushing the evidence shown from those Navy recordings that it means aliens exist, and why?

Like I have shown already, the Revelation 12:7-17 Scripture, which many have wrong in teaching it already happened in the days of old when Satan first rebelled against God, those events are still... future to us.

When that future war in Heaven takes place, it is showing that Satan and his angel's place... will no more be found in Heaven. There's only one other place they can go to, and that is here, on the earth. They are coming, and that is what the Scripture is showing. Some say they are already here, suggesting the UFO phenomenon. If those objects are real, then I think it still only means they are preparing. When the war in Heaven happens, I don't see Satan and his angels having any choice but to appear right here, on earth, among us.

So who will those who support the false idea of the existence of aliens be saying those are when they appear here among us? The plan shown per God's Word for the end, is total chaos, a time of wars and rumors of wars, pestilences, earthquakes, etc., a time of sorrows Lord Jesus said, and then... for the very end, the great tribulation, a time of "Peace and safety" (1 Thessalonians 5). This is what Daniel 8 shows about the king of fierce countenance that is to come, that he will destroy many using peace, and craft will prosper by his hand.

Thus today's chaos, the alien threat included, per God's Word I only see as a time to prepare the hearts and minds to receive that coming false-Messiah in place of The Christ. With craft prospering by his hand, and peace having come on earth by his working of great signs and wonders, and that he will exalt himself as God, and over all that is called God, or that is worshiped, that reveals what this alien threat is all about, i.e., part of the coming "strong delusion" of 2 Thessalonians 2.

Do you think then, that the atheists would accept Lucifer playing God, working great signs and miracles on earth, raining fire down to the earth out of heaven? (Revelation 13:11 forward). I do. I believe deceived Christian brethren will believe it too, simply because they are not all that familiar with Bible prophecy about the very end.

It has been said that the 19th century Mason, Albert Pike, once wrote a letter to Geseppi Manzini, an Italian revolutionary, that there would be three world wars, and then they would destroy all religions, and instead institute the pure worship of Lucifer.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
BUt hey, flying saucers are cool...
I think we agree on half of this point that ET is absolute rubbish but you don't seem to go with the belief that the devil is trying to convince as many of us as he can that it is real. Not very many people have the understanding of this plot and as the bible tells us the road to salvation is very narrow.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's simply just an 'attempt' to write off ALL reports of UFO's as being fake.
Once again, for drill U F O means UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object means YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. You apparently think it means flying saucer/space ship/demon car. It does not. I may be a funny cloud, an airliner, a speck on your lens, or any number of things. According to MUFON (look it up), about 90% of UFO (remember the UNIDENTIFIED part) reports, upon investigation turn out to be... wait for it... airplanes. Dang, who saw that coming, right? So far, 0% have proven to be either demons or aliens.

Any questions?

Sorry, but your
theories are just too late in trying to prove UFO's don't exist.
UNIDENTIFIED Flying Objects certainly exist. The staple in the corner of the picture is a UFO until someone ntices it's actually a staple. ET spaceships (aka flying saucers) or demon cars may exist, but there's no evidence either way. If they're part of your religion, bully for you. I

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The OP makes a good point, because it is apparent so far, even from some responders on this thread, that they think even the 'idea' of reporting UFOs is a direct attack on their Faith in Jesus Christ and The Bible. But all that really shows is their Biblical illiteracy.
Why would the existence or lack thereof of aliens affect anyone's Christian faith? It God made aliens, He made them, they're there. end discussion. If He didn't, He didn't. How is that a problem?

I do not believe aliens exist, and that is the real myth in all this.
Statement of faith. You're entitled to your opinion

However, the atheists do.
As a matter of faith, generally based on the idiotic notion that since the universe is Really Big then there must be aliens. Logically it's rubbish, but they're entitled to their opinion.

So just who... would be pushing the evidence shown from those Navy recordings that it means aliens exist, and why?
The same sort of ninnies who think the Navy sightings were of demons. Because their faith requires it. Given my background, I 'sect I have a pretty good idea what they actually saw, but I'll spare y'all boring mundane techno-babble like that. Carry on with your demonic aliens or whatever.

It has been said that the 19th century Mason, Albert Pike, once wrote a letter to Geseppi Manzini, an Italian revolutionary, that there would be three world wars, and then they would destroy all religions, and instead institute the pure worship of Lucifer.
Well if Albert Pike said it, then that's all I need to know! After all if you can't trust a freemason, then who can you trust?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we agree on half of this point that ET is absolute rubbish but you don't seem to go with the belief that the devil is trying to convince as many of us as he can that it is real. Not very many people have the understanding of this plot and as the bible tells us the road to salvation is very narrow.
And if you really like the idea of flying saucers and magical enemies, then this stuff has the mundane world beat all hollow, right?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going back to topic, @Jipsah you did not really answer the title question of this thread. It is not a question of whether UFOs are real or not, but what it means for your faith?
Answer - nothing. BTW, why do your lot persist in using "UFO" as a synonyn for "flying saucer"?

Upvote 0