If UFO's are proven to be 100% real, what happens to your faith?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't know that. If we consider the possibility of the Kardashev scale, there could be advance species who are a type II civilization and have learned to harvest the energy from their home star, as well as using resources from neighboring planets in their own solar system.
When Adam sinned, he threw the entire universe into a state of entropy.

If some "type II civilization" exists (whatever that is) outside of our solar system, their technology can't be greater than ours, since earth was the first planet in existence, and we would have had a head start on technology.

I realize Aristotle stunted the growth of science for almost 2000 years, but that's not near enough time for another civilization -- assuming there is one -- to catch up and supersede us.

Not in a fallen universe.

Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When Adam sinned, he threw the entire universe into a state of entropy.

If some "type II civilization" exists (whatever that is) outside of our solar system, their technology can't be greater than ours, since earth was the first planet in existence, and we would have had a head start on technology.

I realize Aristotle stunted the growth of science for almost 2000 years, but that's not near enough time for another civilization -- assuming there is one -- to catch up and supersede us.

Not in a fallen universe.
Our history and their history may be entirely different. They probably have visited us, watched us over the course of time, and quickly realized the depravity of our species and avoided direct communication with us. Seriously, I can't blame them. They probably saw us and said, "Yeah, there is no intelligent life on this planet, just a bunch of apes who live by an insatiable desire to control and gratify themselves."

• Informative
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our history and their history may be entirely different.
Of course they would be.
Jonaitis said:
They probably have visited us,
You're giving technology too much credit.

I've heard before -- and it sounds plausible -- that one of the reasons the Tower of Babel incident took place was because technology was starting to surpass man's ability to use it wisely.

So God simply changed the earth from a single language to multiple languages, and that took care of it.

Why would God then allow technology on another [cursed] planet outgrow its population to the point that interstellar travel could be achieved?

No -- interstellar travel is a privilege reserved for the angels, not mankind.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course they would be. You're giving technology too much credit.
Or, you are not giving them enough credit to reach that possibility. We have made some incredible feats in the last 300,000 years, especially in the last 200 years. We don't know how their history would have affected the outcome of their technological progress.
I've heard before -- and it sounds plausible -- that one of the reasons the Tower of Babel incident took place was because technology was starting to surpass man's ability to use it wisely.
It is impossible to linguistically prove that the Tower of Babel actually occurred. Besides this point, if the Tower of Babel did happen, and it was a result of our abuse of technology to surpass our ability to use it wisely, then why are we currently in space, and more than that, have manned the moon and sent rovers to Mars? We have made far greater feat than the men of Babel, and the people behind these projects did not do it in the name of God, nor do they give recognition to God (which they should), but crediting it to the national spirit of America for innovating and pioneering where no man has ventured before.
So God simply changed the earth from a single language to multiple languages, and that took care of it.
What language do you think it was? Archaic Hebrew? Apparently it had to be Semitic, because the names of people from that time to Adam were Semitic. We have proven that this cannot be true, but a story adapted to Israelite culture.
Why would God then allow technology on another [cursed] planet outgrow its population to the point that interstellar travel could be achieved?
We don't know if they are "cursed." We don't even know what sort of species they could possibly be.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or, you are not giving them enough credit to reach that possibility.
Frankly, science can take a hike.
Jonaitis said:
We have made some incredible feats in the last 300,000 years,
No, we haven't.

Mankind has only been in existence since 4004 BC.

Ditto for the earth.
Jonaitis said:
We don't know how their history would have affected the outcome of their technological progress.
I think you know ... as well as I do ... that traveling to the nearest star would end in tragedy for the crew.

We would starve to death along the way.

Not to mention die of old age before we even began our trip (relatively speaking).
Jonaitis said:
It is impossible to linguistically prove that the Tower of Babel actually occurred.
That's because it was a miracle that occurred there, and miracles are outside of scientific scrutiny.
Jonaitis said:
Besides this point, if the Tower of Babel did happen, and it was a result of our abuse of technology to surpass our ability to use it wisely, then why are we currently in space, and more than that, have manned the moon and sent rovers to Mars?
Manning our moon is one thing. Manning someone else's moon is another.
Jonaitis said:
We have made far greater feat than the men of Babel, and the people behind these projects did not do it in the name of God, nor do they give recognition to God (which they should), but crediting it to the national spirit of America for innovating and pioneering where no man has ventured before.
Fine.

When I see someone go to our nearest star, THEN I'll believe someone there can come here -- assuming they exist.

But not until then.
Jonaitis said:
What language do you think it was?
Jacobean English: the language of the King James Bible.
Joanitis said:
We don't know if they are "cursed." We don't even know what sort of species they could possibly be.
Again, when Adam sinned, he threw the entire universe into entropy.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Translation: "For we know that the entire universe is in a state of entropy until now."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Frankly, science can take a hike.
If you have belief without science, reason, and logic, what makes any of it credible outside of that belief? And, what makes it any more true than what other faiths believe about the cosmos if you can't demonstrate it with such? Don't live in a bubble, friend.
Mankind has only been in existence since 4004 BC. Ditto for the earth.
Is this based on Ussher? His work was phenomenal for its time, but it was largely inaccurate.

Now, are you telling me that this snapshot of Hubble Ultra Deep-Field shows a creation that has only existed for six-thousand years, all for just one small planet? This image alone contains an estimate of 10,000 galaxies, and yet there is estimated about 200 billion in the observable universe, which is about 93 billion light-years across. We have not yet found a center, nor an edge to the universe as a whole. For all we know, it could be endless, and you're telling me all of this was created for an insignificant species living on a floating rock covered in water? You're telling me, looking at this photo, that there could not be another earth-like planet in any of these galaxies, with a human-like species, and that they are all just skeletons of the cosmos? You can't convince me, I am sorry. I will not reduce this revelation to that of a man's imagination. This is huuuge (to speak in Trump's voice), and it is more shocking than any of us had ever expected in the history of our kind to ever discover.
Jacobean English: the language of the King James Bible.
You're kidding, right? Are you a KJV-Onlyist? So the Dead Sea Scrolls happen to been written in the king's tongue? Interesting...

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NOT TRUE, AT ALL!

When researched, more than 90% of all UFO sightings prove to be AIRCRAFT, or or natural aerial, meterological, or astronomical object that have simply been misidentified.

Let me holler this again - 9 of 10 UFOs are NOT demons, are NOT angels, are NOT paranormal, and are in fact boringly normal. Sorry to spoil anyone's fun, but that's the facts.

Ah, you say, but what of the 9 to 10 percent of UFO sightings that CANNOT be identified? They must be demons!

Well, no. The remaining unidentified flying things remain - unidentified. Why? Because there's simply not enough data to determine what they actually were at all.

Could they have been demons? Possibly, but that isn't the way to bet, is it? We know from Scripture that there are demons, but there is nothing whatsoever in Scripture to lead us to believe that demons zoom around in flying saucers "deceiving" folks. On it's face, it wouldn't seem like a very effective way to deceive anyone, especially whe people in general seem so keen to beieve that any flying thing they can't recognize is a demon anyway.

Could they be flying saucers flown by spacemen? Possibly, but we have no evidence to lead us to believe that there are any spacemen at all, or flying saucers for them to fly in if there are. You're free to believe i them if you like, but it's a matter of faith, since there's as much evidence that spacemen don't exist as that they do; none at all. Zero. Not a shred. Zilch. "Oh, but Bob said aliens took him to their planet on a flying saucer." Right. And I'm Czar of All the Russias.

On top of that, the 9-10% of UFOs that remain unidentified are so due to lack of data. Which means that the odds are very, very, very high that they're all airplanes and such themselves, we just don't enough data to say for sure. Evidence again. Absence of evidence that something is not an airplane is not evidence that it's something spooky; Occams Razor still forces us to say it probably is. Nothing at all leads us to assume that it's either spooks or space dudes. Nothing. At. All.

The Christian Faith isn't based on creating fantasies and calling them true, and we ought to stop it.

The Bible refers to these manifestations as principalities of the air. The demonic can transform themselves to be anything they desire, an angel of light or even an “alien”. They come to deceive and lead people astray and will do so for many will believe in their lies. For those who have been abducted by these entities they match perfectly with demonic activity. Have you ever heard of President Eisenhower and the the contract he made with these beings who traded their technology for human experiments?

The Christian faith is based on discernment of the enemy. Biblical prophecy warns of last days of deceivers. Add to that the UFO researchers that have came to the conclusion that these activities are of the demonic kind. Ancient Aliens Producer David Wilcock for example.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Bible refers to these manifestations as principalities of the air.

Do you know why it does?

Or are you just making up your own reasoning?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mankind has only been in existence since 4004 BC.

Ditto for the earth.

What, 6,026 years? I watched the Queen's Platinum Jubilee and the Trooping the Colour parade lasted longer than that.

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible refers to these manifestations as principalities of the air.
Ah. So if you see an aircraft above you that you can't identify, then even though it's a Southwest 737 Max headed for Los Angeles, the Bible says it's a "manifestation" it refers to as "principalities of the air". Seriously? At what point did it cese to be Southwest flight 1138 and become a "manifestation"? Do the passengers get a discount on that basis? If there are demns aboard, do thay have to buy tickets like everyone else?

The demonic can transform themselves to be anything they desire, an angel of light or even an “alien”.
So how do we know which airplanes are airplanes and which are demons disguised as airplanes?

They come to deceive and lead people astray and will do so for many will believe in their lies.
And they do so by flying around in airplanes that people can't identify, the idea being to make people believe that they're not in airplanes but are actually aliens when in fact they're really in a KC-135 tanker. Wow.

For those who have been abducted by these entities they match perfectly with demonic activity.
Ever notice that these folks are pretty much always "abducted" from a sound sleep, and their descriptions are always chocablock with science fiction tropes? Nah, I don't suppose you have.

Have you ever heard of President Eisenhower and the the contract he made with these beings who traded their technology for human experiments?
What did Ike get in exchange? 60s vintage vacuum tube technology? He got gypped!

The Christian faith is based on discernment of the enemy.
No, it isn't. It's based on faith in Jesus Christ, Who has already defeated His enemies.

Biblical prophecy warns of last days of deceivers. Add to that the UFO researchers that have came to the conclusion that these activities are of the demonic kind. Ancient Aliens Producer David Wilcock for example.
Pure secular fiction, and if you believe a single syllable of that dreck you have in fact been deceived.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What, 6,026 years? I watched the Queen's Platinum Jubilee and the Trooping the Colour parade lasted longer than that.
I'm sorry, you're now officially sacked. Turn in your keyboard.

• Haha
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's a very bold claim. Can you back that claim up?

-CryptoLutheran

Reading and listening to those who have been abducted and tortured by these creatures. Along with the military experiencing encounters, they found as soon as they mentioned Jesus the “aliens” would leave them alone. Roswell testimonies and the treaty President Eisenhower made with these “aliens” which he lived to regret. And many more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah. So if you see an aircraft above you that you can't identify, then even though it's a Southwest 737 Max headed for Los Angeles, the Bible says it's a "manifestation" it refers to as "principalities of the air". Seriously? At what point did it cese to be Southwest flight 1138 and become a "manifestation"? Do the passengers get a discount on that basis? If there are demns aboard, do thay have to buy tickets like everyone else?

So how do we know which airplanes are airplanes and which are demons disguised as airplanes?

And they do so by flying around in airplanes that people can't identify, the idea being to make people believe that they're not in airplanes but are actually aliens when in fact they're really in a KC-135 tanker. Wow.

Ever notice that these folks are pretty much always "abducted" from a sound sleep, and their descriptions are always chocablock with science fiction tropes? Nah, I don't suppose you have.

What did Ike get in exchange? 60s vintage vacuum tube technology? He got gypped!

No, it isn't. It's based on faith in Jesus Christ, Who has already defeated His enemies.

Pure secular fiction, and if you believe a single syllable of that dreck you have in fact been deceived.
Yes, of course the Christian faith is based on Jesus Christ, and part of the Christian Faith is wearing the full amour of God (discernment) the whole concept of aliens from other planets is pure fiction that leads people away from Christ. It is a tactic from the father of lies. It is a new age cult with the goal of leading people to the eventual worship of Lucifer. Thus the reason those who are deeply involved eventually seek help. Some need an exorcism others have far worse outcome.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

Absolutely no effect at all because I already believe aliens exist and have been on earth throughout the history of mankind. They are from the union of the sons of God mating with human women from Genesis and the book of Enoch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Reading and listening to those who have been abducted and tortured by these creatures. Along with the military experiencing encounters, they found as soon as they mentioned Jesus the “aliens” would leave them alone. Roswell testimonies and the treaty President Eisenhower made with these “aliens” which he lived to regret. And many more.

Eisenhower didn't make a treaty with aliens (or demons), that's way beyond ridiculous. And why do you believe these stories of so-called abductions?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,309.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?
after the past 2 years why would anyone trust the US Government

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eisenhower didn't make a treaty with aliens (or demons), that's way beyond ridiculous. And why do you believe these stories of so-called abductions?

-CryptoLutheran

Credible eyewitnesses in the Military and in the Eisenhower Administration have confirmed that this did occur. Why do you disbelieve abductions? What is your evidence that they do not occur?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Frankly, science can take a hike.[/qulte] Except for the parts you find handy, right?

[qute]Mankind has only been in existence since 4004 BC. Ditto for the earth.
Is this the "God made everything look old, deal?

Not to mention die of old age before we even began our trip (relatively speaking).That's because it was a miracle that occurred there, and miracles are outside of scientific scrutiny.Manning our moon is one thing. Manning someone else's moon is another.Fine.
Assuming science doesn't discover somethink like a warp drive or Aldersen tramlines or Bergenholm converters or any of the other magic devices that science fiction requires to make interstellar travel happen. But science has a tendency to do stuff like that from time to time. But if it's just reaction drives, we're stuck in the solar system, and even that would realistically require something like Freeman Dyson's Orion ship, which it's unlikely anyone is ever going to be willing to build.

When I see someone go to our nearest star, THEN I'll believe someone there can come here -- assuming they exist.
Boy, for a guy who rejects science, you sure don't sound like one. After all, aliens (if any) may actually be demons, and therefore have magic powers to go from here to Alpha C and back before supper.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Credible eyewitnesses in the Military and in the Eisenhower Administration have confirmed that this did occur.
Sure. Ike himself rold my dad that. They were in the same outfit during the War.

Why do you disbelieve abductions?
No evidence. Want me to believe a weird story? Give me some evidence. Tell me "aliens took me out of my bed, carried me to Procyon 7, stuffed things up my bum, then brought me back in time for breakfast" I somehow can't bring myself to accept it at face value. Your mileage may vary

What is your evidence that they do not occur?
I am the cook, and the captain bold, and the mate of the Nancy brig, and the boatswain tight, and the midship mite, and the crew of the captain's gig. Show me your evidence that I'm not. Oh, and I'm rightwise born king of all England. And I designed a perpetual motion machine that would provide everyone limtless free energy forever, but Big Oil stole it, had my patent suppressed, killed me (I got better), and sold it to aliens for a handful of magic beans. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0