if u fast for a week will it cause u to gain weight when u stop?

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

You mean when you start eating again? I would presume yes, dependent on your metabolism and if you comsume more than the amount on which you were fasting.

Upvote 0

Wigglesworth

Simple Chicken Farmer
Aug 21, 2004
Visit site
✟17,933.00
Faith
Charismatic

Fasting will not cause you to gain weight. People gain weight when they eat too much. Fasting is actually a good discipline to subdue the habit of overeating. Just avoid pigging out when the fast is over.

Peace.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

FaithHopeAndLove

Oct 26, 2005
✟15,366.00
Faith
Christian
Scientifically, your body will think food is unavailable- it will seek to conserve resources. WHen you resume eating, it will want to hang on to as many of the calories you put in as possible. IF you eat fatty, sugary food, or too much of anything, your body will lay it down as fat to store for the next time there is no food. And your body can do this really well. Eat lots of veggies and fruit instead of bad stuff.

Upvote 0

xThirst4Godx

The LORD is God, the LORD is One!--Deut 6:4-6
Aug 8, 2007
CT, in the U.S. of A.
✟8,037.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i heard that too. u lose weight during the fast, but as soon as you stop, your body pretty much replenishes itself and then takes in as many calories as it can in response to the undernourishment. im no doctor, but i know it's true cuz it happened to me after a long fast.

Upvote 0

0n3

Sep 1, 2007
earth
✟15,180.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When I first started considering fasting, there was always this idea in the back of my mind that if I fasted, I could lose weight. I realized that even though my primary motivations for fasting were spiritual, the weight loss motivation was still to important to me. I decided not to fast for the time being because I felt like I wasn't able to approach it from the right angle yet, and that it would not be pleasing to God. So basically, whether or not that's where you're coming from, I think pure motives are the most important thing to consider, not weight.

I do fast occasionally now, especially if I am really seeking God for direction in my life, or deliverance from a bad habit/sin. I'm not expert on the doctrines associated with fasting, but for me here's what works. I see my physical hunger as symbolic of my spiritual hunger. When I want to eat, I just keep praying and saying "God, let my hunger for You be hundreds of times stronger that my physical hunger. The way I want food right now is like a small glimpse of the way I want You, God." The hunger functions as a constant reminder to help you to pray and focus on God throughout the day.

Also, just remember that when ever you fast, you're going to experience a new level of power in you're walk with God, since you're denying the flesh, BUT you'll also be coming under a lot more temptation and spiritual warefare attacks.

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Upvote 0

EllaBella

Aug 7, 2007
Brisbane
✟15,331.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I first started considering fasting, there was always this idea in the back of my mind that if I fasted, I could lose weight. I realized that even though my primary motivations for fasting were spiritual, the weight loss motivation was still to important to me. I decided not to fast for the time being because I felt like I wasn't able to approach it from the right angle yet, and that it would not be pleasing to God. So basically, whether or not that's where you're coming from, I think pure motives are the most important thing to consider, not weight.

I do fast occasionally now, especially if I am really seeking God for direction in my life, or deliverance from a bad habit/sin. I'm not expert on the doctrines associated with fasting, but for me here's what works. I see my physical hunger as symbolic of my spiritual hunger. When I want to eat, I just keep praying and saying "God, let my hunger for You be hundreds of times stronger that my physical hunger. The way I want food right now is like a small glimpse of the way I want You, God." The hunger functions as a constant reminder to help you to pray and focus on God throughout the day.

Also, just remember that when ever you fast, you're going to experience a new level of power in you're walk with God, since you're denying the flesh, BUT you'll also be coming under a lot more temptation and spiritual warefare attacks.

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Good post :thumbsup:

Upvote 0