Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It would make much, if not all of it false.
So yeah I simply wouldn't believe then IK that will never happen but let's say the bible was proven false and Jesus not existing I can't lie and say I would be a Christian

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So yeah I simply wouldn't believe then IK that will never happen but let's say the bible was proven false and Jesus not existing I can't lie and say I would be a Christian

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So what your saying is that Christian believers are not welcome in you thread, only those that are willing to entertain atheism are welcome to respond? I'm not sure that follows the forum rules either.

I think the Christians of this forum have the right to confess Christ is risen in response to the OP.

I'm not saying anything of the sort. You simply don't understand the OP, or you intend to be rude and ignore it, derailing the conversation. Not cool.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This hypothetical question was asked many years ago on another forum. My answer would clearly be either Judaism or some form of theistic belief. I would further note, though I've tried to suggest this in previous posts, that I believe legitimate questioning of theological issues can and does, at least for me, lead to a strengthening of my Faith.

Curious.

How so?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the body of Christ were discovered, if the very central tenet of Christianity were found to be untrue, if He weren't raised, but simply died and was buried, what would be your response? How would the news change your life, if at all?
I know that the Lords body will not be found, but if it did happen i would not believe it. I would still seek the Lord because He is love, and Hope. Where else can i go but to Him?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"Hypothetical" is a 7th grade vocabulary word, so I don't think that so many people would be having a problem with understanding the OP. I think that, as 1-2 other posters have hinted at, there is a kind of "blind faith" that cannot tolerate objective examination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
brinny - "How so?"

In general matters regarding secular issues I am a Theist. So in such a "hypothetical" situation it would not dissuade me from belief in God. (Of course the body of Jesus will never be found, can't find what isn't there. But to the point of the OP I would still believe in God)

• Useful
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If the body of Christ were discovered, if the very central tenet of Christianity were found to be untrue, if He weren't raised, but simply died and was buried, what would be your response? How would the news change your life, if at all?

If Christ was not raised then we are still in our sins and our faith is in vain.

But I can't imagine how this could possibly be confirmed.

• Agree
Reactions: Monk Brendan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not saying anything of the sort. You simply don't understand the OP, or you intend to be rude and ignore it, derailing the conversation. Not cool.

My intent is not to disrupt your conversation, but it would be nice to allow for an "honest" Christian responses in a "Christians Only" forum. God Bless ;)

I may have derailed your thread, but you may have derailed the forum :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
jimmyjimmy - Perhaps there is a better thread in which this might be asked where people are open to considering difficult questions, whether hypothetical or not. Such questions at least should cause one to think... for example is belief in God a prerequisite to belief in Jesus Christ. (It may be either/or but in reality both/and doesn't really work...unless perhaps an inculcation at an early age without questioning)

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This question is actually raised in the Bible, so apparently worthy of discussion, but your participation is voluntary, of course.

Book Chapter and Verse, please.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would living as a Christian, e.g., loving enemies and giving to the poor make sense if Christianity were found to be untrue because Christ was not risen?

It would all be looked at as foolishness, and this forum would not exist.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My intent is not to disrupt your conversation, but it would be nice to allow for an "honest" Christian responses in a "Christians Only" forum. God Bless ;)

I may have derailed your thread, but you may have derailed the forum :(

You did not derail the thread.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1 Cor. 15:14-19, 29-32

These verses are not about Paul posing a hypothetical question. The "if" here is Paul setting up the rest of the chapter. "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Upvote 0