Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This hypothetical question was asked many years ago on another forum. My answer would clearly be either Judaism or some form of theistic belief. I would further note, though I've tried to suggest this in previous posts, that I believe legitimate questioning of theological issues can and does, at least for me, lead to a strengthening of my Faith.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This hypothetical question was asked many years ago on another forum. My answer would clearly be either Judaism or some form of theistic belief. I would further note, though I've tried to suggest this in previous posts, that I believe legitimate questioning of theological issues can and does, at least for me, lead to a strengthening of my Faith.

Thanks for your reasonable, rational reply.

I fully agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The OP is asking a hypothetical question. In order to comply with forum rules regarding staying on topic, you have two choices, either answer it, or post elsewhere.

I will say this: If they said they found Jesus the Christ body, I would not be part of them that believe that lie. I always will believe that God is risen, and that Jesus the Christ is the messiah. The Holy Ghost confirms that as truth to the believers. I don't dare deny the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟732,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Like I said before, some of my understanding about how the universe and supremebeing are structured would change but my behavior would not change. I likely would just be something like a nontrinitarian Christian. I would wonder if a perfect human would be a sufficient sacrifice for our sins and would make sure I racked up enough cool points to survive judgement.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hypothetical:
  • involving or based on a suggested idea or theory : involving or based on a hypothesis

• : not real : imagined as an example

Thanks for the post.

Apparently, hypotheticals are beyond the grasp of many here, so I may have to abandon hope of actually discussing the OP, as I've spent all of my time explaining what a hypothetical question is.

• Agree
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If the body of Christ were discovered, if the very central tenet of Christianity were found to be untrue, if He weren't raised, but simply died and was buried, what would be your response? How would the news change your life, if at all?

That would be Hell on earth for me. Trying to imagine that now, but it's almost like me denying that I'm breathing. If that even makes sense.

• Agree
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If the body of Christ were discovered, if the very central tenet of Christianity were found to be untrue, if He weren't raised, but simply died and was buried, what would be your response? How would the news change your life, if at all?

This question is almost like asking " If there was no eternal life when you die, would you still believe in Jesus?". Which honestly, that type of question has come across my mind. I think someone gave a good scripture on this post that expressed similar question.(1 Corinthians 15:29-34).

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The OP is asking a hypothetical question. In order to comply with forum rules regarding staying on topic, you have two choices, either answer it, or post elsewhere.

So what your saying is that Christian believers are not welcome in you thread, only those that are willing to entertain atheism are welcome to respond? I'm not sure that follows the forum rules either.

I think the Christians of this forum have the right to confess Christ is risen in response to the OP.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Millions of people were saved before Jesus was born.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Millions of people were saved before Jesus was born.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

If Christ had died and not risen from the dead, then we would all be dead in our sins, and the whole idea of this forum would be foolishness indeed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mean logically wouldn't that make the bible false?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you know what trying to prove somthing like that would be near impossible. How do you verify this, whose DNA do you use and even if you did find someone who claimed to be a distant decedent people would still be sceptical and say how do we know this is just a hoax or that the person is someone else. It could never be certain 100%. But if it did happen you would have to say that a big part of the message of salvation is gone and this would undermine the the Christian belief. It would have to be the biggest con job ever. Still it has changed a lot of lives for the better so that would say a lot for the power of belief.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, W.

You've understood the OP, unlike 80% of responders, so how would your life be changed? I've heard some Christians say that they would not change a thing if they found our that Christ had not risen. I think that response is a little odd. How about you?
I suppose i'd start by finding myself a Levitical priest and whole lot of livestock.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What if they never found the body, but there was something so powerful and compelling about Jesus that, though He never traveled outside an area smaller than Most counties, never had more that a couple hundred followers - but with in just a couple generations impacted the known world?

What if millions of people for more than 2,000 testify of having a deep intimate personal living relationship with Him? That living relationship being so profound the prayer, healed the sick, raised the dead, and even died for that relationship.

How would that impact your beliefs?

Upvote 0