If theistic evolution, how did animals die before humans existed?

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Death exists because of sin.

Death came into the world through Adam, according to Romans-through one transgression, no less.

If theistic evolution is true, animals died before Adam was born.

What sin lead to their death?

My understanding is that all death is caused by sin. Is there an explanation for this within Theistic Evolution, or are the beliefs mutually exclusive?

Animals didn't have eternal life - animals will not inherit eternal life - animals do not know the difference between right and wrong - animals are not up under the act of sin.
God called the Earth to bring forth plants
God called the sea to bring forth living things God called the Earth to bring forth beast (animals) of the field
Adam was not born
God formed man with his own hands from the dust of the Earth - then breathe the breath of life into man and man became a living soul and then placed man in the garden that he had prepared for him in Eden.
God did not command an animal not to eat from the Tree of knowledge.
Animals were not made in the image of God - not meaning physical image - the image of God is the ability to know right from wrong. There are many things an animal can be taught but there are many things animals cannot comprehend, whereas man can because he is in the image of God, who comprehends all things.
Man is the only flesh than walks the Earth that had and can have again, eternal life through our Lord and savior Yeshua Hamashiach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Death came into the world through Adam, according to Romans-through one transgression, no less.

My understanding is that all death is caused by sin. Is there an explanation for this within Theistic Evolution, or are the beliefs mutually exclusive?
A special place (the Garden of Eden) was created long ago, probably somewhere in or very near the region of ancient Mesopotamia, where Adam (and Eve), and certain animals could be and/or exist, that could have, theoretically, if Adam and Eve hadn't fell/sinned, could have existed and/or lived/prospered forever, etc, and they all ate the plants/fruits of the/that field at that time, and were not sinful/aggressive, and did not ever do any kind of harm in any kind of way or shape or form at all ever, etc, the ones (animals) that were brought there or put there with Adam and Eve in the Garden at that time, etc...

See my posts, and the links provided in these/this post (below) for more on TE in general, etc...

Genesis and Creation, Days are long "ages" ect...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bacteria die in our gut when not busy processing food.
So scripture is referring to Spiritual death due to separation from God's will.

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals

The "death" that came from Adam's sin applies only to Adam and Eve and their descendants, and not to every living thing on the planet.

When a elephant stood on an ant, the ant died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly right, friend.

Death of both the spiritual and the physical came to be because of Adam's sin.

First the spiritual which was immediate
Genesis 3
7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Then the physical which was part of the curse

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Returning to dust was a direct result of Adam disobeying. It wasn't already in place or a normal part of life.

Death was and is Gods enemy.
1 Corinthians 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
Not just spiritual death but physical death.

Revelation 20:14
Which is why death will be completely done away with.

Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
As it was in the beginning so it will be again.

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Not only would God never use his enemy to help him create he would never look at its handwork and proclaim it to be very good. When God said his creation was very good he was proclaiming the utter perfection that it contained, which did not include millions of years of death, disease and rotting flesh. Disease also was not a thing until the fall.

As for animals eating animals, they all ate plants, including every carnivorous meat eater you can think of.
Genesis 1
30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

PS. bacteria do not fall under the Biblical definition of life. Life or to be alive was only conferred to creatures with life blood. So no need to worry about bacteria, plants or insects, none were viewed as alive by ancient Israelite standards.

Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
The "death" that came from Adam's sin applies only to Adam and Eve and their descendants, and not to every living thing on the planet.

Scripture indicates other

Romans 8:22 (KJV)

[22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe physical death occurred before Adam and Eve showed up. I believe that spiritual death entered when Adam and Eve sinned. I believe that unlike man that evolved outside and before the garden, Adam and Eve would not have died physically or spiritually.
I ask myself what the world would have been like if death did not exist outside the garden before the fall. The earth would be many miles deep with living things long ago. Plants alone, with no death, would be many miles deep, and the living animals, having reproduced for many thousands of years and never dying, would be packed up to the stratosphere. It is estimated that there have been 108 billion humans born on the earth. If there were no death programmed into the system, we would literally be shoulder to shoulder on the face of the earth.
I think of Christ having been crucified from the foundation of the world. God knew death would come, and so planned a solution. Knowing what would happen in the garden, He designed the earth "before the fact" in such a way that this eventuality would be resolved.
Thanks for the discussion. Many things to think about.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,720.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Spiritual death exists because of sin. Physical death is natural and its not logically possible to have a physical object that cannot be destroyed.

Non-existence of physical death would lead to many absurdities in daily life. All animals and people would have to have bodies like Deadpool or God would need to make constant miracles to keep natural laws both working and not.

Also, to what level of creation would you apply it... even to insects? Bacterias? Cells?

Last edited:
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

spiritual death

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

According to many, there was a creation prior to the creation of Adam. The Genesis account records a new creation to replace the original that was destroyed. You can read about this in "The Mystery of Creation" by Watchman Nee. You can download it for free in .pdf format

"Theistic evolution" in my view is an oxymoron.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Indeed.
If death did not occur before the fall of Adam and Eve, the surface of the earth would have been packed with living bodies possibly miles deep in a relatively short period of time. Trillions of people. Trillions of every sort of animals, insects, fish, and birds. Doubling, tripling, quadrupling every year. The rate would become exponential. Bacterial life alone would be miles deep on the face of the earth. The sea urchin has millions of offspring in a single spawn. How many of these creatures would there be in 6000 years if they never died?
I think people read too much into the statement that death did not enter until Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0