Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting article on Iran's 'shockingly strong' war-crimes case against Trump over Soleimani's killing. It plans to introduce war crimes charges at the International Criminal Court in the Hague.

And while Soleimani was definitely an evil man, almost every country agreed that he did not present an 'imminent threat' and that his assassination destabilized the area and threatened world peace and our national security. TBT, it is his irresponsible national security decisions that have persuaded Bolton to testify, and John Kelly to vouch for everything written in his book.

And so, given the weak spines of 53 Senators, Trump may not be convicted in Washington, but how would "impeached in Washington, convicted as a war criminal in the Hague" sound on his resume?

My initial reaction for an answer would be "accurate."
Iran has a 'shockingly strong' war-crimes case against Trump over Soleimani's killing — and it could win

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama lovers against President Trump surprising???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
but how would "impeached in Washington, convicted as a war criminal in the Hague" sound on his resume?
Good enough to get reelected. His constituency generally reviles the International Criminal Court, and the United States does not send its citizens to be judged by such a court. It has no authority in our land. It would be as effective as impeachment without removal, which is to say that it would be a really sassy remark on paper, and nothing more.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And so, given the weak spines of 53 Senators, Trump may not be convicted in Washington, but how would "impeached in Washington, convicted as a war criminal in the Hague" sound on his resume?

Good grief you really think the American people even many Democrat voters are going to put their stamp of approval in having international bodies put down the President. If so maybe you're the type that would love to give up all sovereignty of the nation to others?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you see Pope Francis' latest criticism of Catholics who do not see as 'equally sacred' those who are poor, marginalized, refugees, disabled, etc.? As a supporter of the 'equally sacred,' I am horrified at Trump's blithe disregard for refugees, victims of natural disasters, those in war-torn countries, the poor, the disabled, the marginalized, the LGBT community, the racial minorities, etc., etc., etc.
Trump has 16,000 lies and counting, ten counts of obstruction in the Mueller report, and extremely well-supported charges in the articles of impeachment. The House of Representatives had so many offenses to choose from, they actually struggled to make the charges simpler and easy to follow by eliminating many of them from consideration. Democrats do not hate Trump. They love our democratic republic. They believe in justice and fairness, a clean world to leave future generations. Trump is destroying years of hard fought environmental laws, social justice initiatives, etc. We need to start trying to rebuild our country and end the nightmare deficits caused by careless tax cuts neither you nor I nor 99% of America benefited from. It's not personal. If we gave him Greenland as a golden parachute and moved him there without cell phone or internet service I would be very happy to peacefully coexist with him. Of course the Greenlanders don't want him...

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since the president listens to no one--not military generals or learned advisors--and instead makes impulsive, ignorant, and self-serving decisions without notifying Congress or anyone else, any decision the ICC made to censure him would not be a blot on America. It was his decision; the censure would be on him.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Be nice if the democrats would honor the vote of all the people and let the 2000 vote make the decision. Trying to change the countries selection is not fair and just.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Democrats do not hate Trump. They love our democratic republic. They believe in justice and fairness, a clean world to leave future generations.

Don't come here with this junk. The Dems were screaming for his impeachment before he was sworn into office.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Be nice if the democrats would honor the vote of all the people and let the 2000 vote make the decision. Trying to change the countries selection is not fair and just.
That's another fallacy being promoted. If Trump is convicted, Pence would become president. We are not nullifying the election. A Vice-President's role is to step up when the president is unable to fulfill the commitment--and abuse of power and obstruction of Congress render him unable to fulfill the commitment.
I do not support Pence's policies, but at least I would know that until January 20, 2021 the presidency would be in the hands of someone who understands what government is all about and who doesn't spend every third day at expensive country clubs on the taxpayers' dime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Interesting article on Iran's 'shockingly strong' war-crimes case against Trump over Soleimani's killing. It plans to introduce war crimes charges at the International Criminal Court in the Hague.

And while Soleimani was definitely an evil man, almost every country agreed that he did not present an 'imminent threat' and that his assassination destabilized the area and threatened world peace and our national security. TBT, it is his irresponsible national security decisions that have persuaded Bolton to testify, and John Kelly to vouch for everything written in his book.

My initial reaction for an answer would be "accurate."
Iran has a 'shockingly strong' war-crimes case against Trump over Soleimani's killing — and it could win

The US doesn't recognize the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Since the president listens to no one--not military generals or learned advisors--and instead makes impulsive, ignorant, and self-serving decisions without notifying Congress or anyone else, any decision the ICC made to censure him would not be a blot on America. It was his decision; the censure would be on him.

Sorry but you don't know that. You don't know that he listens to no one! He listens and makes decisions and you have no absolute knowledge that he never takes their advice! Even if he's did so one time or a few times it would say YOU'RE WRONG. And the President is what he is.....the Commander and Chief....NONE OTHERS! If Military generals don't like it they can run for office.

and instead makes impulsive,

Or is it rather that he has a good gut feeling for what should be done in a moment of time. One could have a leader who is second guessing themselves continually never showing true traits of being a leader. Make a decision Mr President! Sorry I need three months to think about it!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't come here with this junk. The Dems were screaming for his impeachment before he was sworn into office.
Speaking as a Democrat, I was very concerned at his failure to place his assets in a blind trust and to continue to run his business while president---with clear conflicts of interest which have been documented from Day 1. i was concerned that he would use his post for personal profit (as he has from Day 1.) I was concerned about Jared and Ivanka's failure (even now) to get security clearances while being involved in the most top secret actions of the administration. I was concerned at Russia's interference in the election---and I am horrified now that the Senate continues to vote down efforts to increase voter and cyber security. There were many reasons to believe Trump would be impeached at some point---and there are ten times as many today.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry but you don't know that. You don't know that he listens to no one!

I am going by the comments, interviews, and books of the former cabinet members and staff who have left in absolute disgust. Tillerson, who called Trump 'a moron.' John Kelly, who stayed as long as he could in order to try to rein in his impulsive and dangerous acts, but gave up in disgust. John Bolton, who called Giuliani's and Trump's Ukraine actions "a drug deal." Even rabid ideologues like Steve Bannon decided they were too sane to stay.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
almost every country agreed that he did not present an 'imminent threat'
He was attacking the US Embassy in Baghdad. My brother in law has been working in that Embassy for almost 20 years now. The General was personally in Baghdad to supervise that attack. Of course this is NOT what we signed up for with Trump. He said he was going to take the money away from terrorists to put them out of business. I assume that the general got his money from Iran to pay the people to attack our embassy. They do not even use trained soldiers, just riff raff that they hire off of the street. Maybe they used the money Obama gave them. If you remember when he delivered pallets of money to Iran on a charter jet like it was some kind of a drug deal.

Perhaps people are more happy with the way Hillary handled the 2012 Benghazi attack. Two United States government facilities in Benghazi, Libya by members of the Islamic militant group Ansar al-Sharia. There were 10 investigations over the way Hillary and Obama handled that attack because ambassadors and American contractors were killed working their job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am going by the comments, interviews, and books of the former cabinet members and staff who have left in absolute disgust. Tillerson, who called Trump 'a moron.' John Kelly, who stayed as long as he could in order to try to rein in his impulsive and dangerous acts, but gave up in disgust. John Bolton, who called Giuliani's and Trump's Ukraine actions "a drug deal." Even rabid ideologues like Steve Bannon decided they were too sane to stay.
Doesn't matter. You still can't say he doesn't listen to ANY advise or counsel given him. In fact some of those men you quoted above were recommended to him by the counsel of others so you can't say he listens to no one.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tillerson, who called Trump 'a moron.'
People are almost always guilty of what they accuse others of. This is what Jesus was talking about when He said: "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:2) In psychology they call this projection to accuse others of what we are guilty of. God does not actually give us the ability to judge. We can only judge our own heart and project that out onto others. This is why we are told: "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted." (Titus 1:15)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was very concerned at his failure to place his assets in a blind trust
His only "asset" was a thin layer of gold to gold plate his faucet. I had gold plated faucets when I moved into my house. It does not cost that much more for gold plated compared to chrome plated faucets. Otherwise Trump pretty much likes to use other people money. He has always been leveraged out to the max. Of course the day he was elected president then everyone everywhere wanted to do business with him. When you have government connections then it is very easy to cut your way through all the red tape. That makes it a lot easier to get your job finished on time and on schedule. This is why bribe money is often a part of any contract that people have with the government. He was a contractor and a developer. But a lot of what he was doing had more to do with was sales. For example in Chicago his daughter was selling condo units in the Sears building there. She was even complaining that she was only given a generic unit to live in herself and not the fancy penthouse unit her daddy always gets. Trump does not like the people he has to work with. But he has no choice because they have control over the money. Not him. That is why this whole battle against terrorism was suppose to be a battle over who controlled the money. You put terrorism out of business when you do not have the money to hire and pay people to do what they do.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

And while Soleimani was definitely an evil man, almost every country agreed that he did not present an 'imminent threat'

same was true about Osama Bin Laden and they hammered president Trump and Clinton for not "acting" before it all blew up in their faces.

lesson learned.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is impossible for Trump to be impeached because it would take a 2/3 vote and they can not even get a 50% vote against him.
Got news for ya, bud. He's been impeached already. Now, I agree that it's unlikely that he will be removed from office. Even if the Senate changes its tack, decides to call witnesses, and those witnesses manage to convince enough Republicans that Trump should be removed, he'll just be persuaded to pull a Nixon and resign with a guaranteed pardon from Pence.

People are almost always guilty of what they accuse others of.
I wonder what this says about Trump then...

Upvote 0