If the Kavanaugh accusations are true...

...should he be confirmed to the Supreme Court?

• I'm a Republican and I say he should.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I'm a Democrat and I say he should.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I'm a Republican and I say he shouldn't

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I'm a Democrat and I say he shouldn't.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I've head some pretty disturbing defenses, both on the news and around here re: Kavanaugh. Not so much "She's lying"; I expected that. It's the "It doesn't matter" defenses that concern me. "Boys will be boys," "just a kid," "Nothing actually happened," "just a little groping..."

I'm curious about which way the wind is blowing on this one.

Thoughts?

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't have enough information to say if he did it or not. Obviously if he did it, he should not be confirmed, but I don't think we're getting anything concrete.

Now, assuming nothing happened, the pragmatist in me would want to see him go through committee and go to a full vote because I believe in the US Constitution and that the President gets to appoint Justices with the Senate doing its job. However, so long as Mitch McConnell is the majority leader of the Senate, and so long as he doesn't feel he needs to apologize for sitting on a pick for a year, thus making it so a President doesn't get his full term to appoint Justices, I'm ok with the Democrats delaying this forever.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I vote independently, but lean toward the conservative side.

To me it is not so much what he did back then; guys groped girls then and girls groped guys as well. Horny teenagers.

What is more important to me is whether that was a one time deal or if there was a pattern of that behavior thru college and into adult life.

If not, confirm him.
But if there is an ongoing pattern, find someone else.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I would say he shouldn't be confirmed if there is any collaboration. It's still a horrible thing to have done, but he was 17. 17 year olds do stupid things. But the thing is, he outright denies even being present at the party. If he had said something like "Yes, that was me. It was a grave mistake and I have reflected on it for the past 30 years and feel remorse for my actions.", I would be ok. But the blanket denial means if this is proven to be true, or even likely, that he was intentionally dishonest with the Senate and lacks integrity. That's the thing that I don't get about all the "boys will be boys", "It was 30 years ago" etc... crowd. If it is true, that alone should disqualify him from the Court because he showed a lack of integrity by refusing to acknowledge it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've head some pretty disturbing defenses, both on the news and around here re: Kavanaugh. Not so much "She's lying"; I expected that. It's the "It doesn't matter" defenses that concern me. "Boys will be boys," "just a kid," "Nothing actually happened," "just a little groping..."

Thoughts?

If he did it, and there's enough evidence to be able to prove it (depending on the specific accusation), then he shouldn't be confirmed if it's something serious enough. If there isn't enough (or any) real evidence, then he should be presumed innocent since he hasn't been proven guilty, and he should be confirmed.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As teenagers, people don't always think about what they want to accomplish in life.I am sure Kavanaugh was not thinking about one day becoming a supreme court justice while he was having a good time at a party. But supreme court justices mus be beyond reproach, imho. I believe Dr. Ford. Even if he may have felt bad afterward and he never di it again, it happened, an it could have influence on his decisions. He should not be seated.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic

Thoughts?
My thoughts that this is completely irrelevant, as this is just nothing more than payback from the democrats.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter. If he did it, he should absolutely still be confirmed.
If he did it and denied it, that poses a more serious problem. In any case, there are more important reasons to reject Kavanaugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think the FBI ought to investigate. If he did it then heck no he shouldn't be confirmed.

17 year olds are charged as adults all the dang time on account of stupid things they've done. He was 17. It has to do with character. She was 15. The age of consent in Maryland is 16, though of course I don't know if it was back then. Wouldn't have mattered much anyhow since she hadn't consented. The point is that he'd have been considered old enough to be a man when it came to having sex. He was old enough to be accountable.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Thoughts?

I'm not sure why a heinous act committed as a minor 36 years ago should disqualify someone from a high office today. Could you connect those dots?

Upvote 0

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on what?
She’s passed a lie detector test and Kavanaugh so far hasn’t offered to take one.

She’s asked the FBI to investigate, something guilty people don’t do. He’s avoiding that.

She’s come out despite knowing she’d be crapped on.

He has a history of misogyny.

Those are just the ones that come to mind. I know someone who could give a list as long as your arm.

If I was a juror in such a case, the evidence is strong. Conviction seems highly likely.

Upvote 0

John 12:25

Aug 14, 2018
Florida
✟5,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have zero to do with either of these political parties and avoid voting booths like the plague. But it seems that this leftist media darling isn’t quite the innocent angelic little victim the leftists portray her as.

https://www.sott.net/article/396475...ool-yearbooks-were-scrubbed-from-the-internet

Now why would her yearbook be scrubbed from the internet? What is there to hide? Points of interest:

In reference to the sexual conquests of her high school gal pals -

"No longer confining ourselves to the walls of Landon and Prep, we plunged into the waters of St. John and Gonzaga with much success."

And it appears these drunken party girls are no strangers to sexual predation themselves -

"Other seniors preferred to expand their horizons and date younger men, usually sophomores, who could bring the vitality and freshness of innocence to a relationship."

It really seems like this person is being prodded by the leftists because they just hate Trump and everything he does. They just won’t go away. If I had to guess, this is just another SJW liar and ends up taking credibility away from true victims of sexual crimes. Absolutely disgusting.

These leftists just need to go away. They will never be happy until there is a leftist in every imaginable public office and position of authority. They hate Trump because he has exposed their hypocrisy and now they are grasping at straws to discredit him in everything he does. Unless he appoints nothing but leftists, and resigns from from office, the leftists won’t go away. They’re pathetic crybabies.

To be clear I am no Trump fan and he is no picture or morality. But
the truth is that Trump could find a cure for cancer, create more efficient and cleaner energy, eliminate poverty from every nation on earth, risk his life to save an old lady and a litter of kittens from a burning building, end sex slavery across the world, and stop a meteor from destroying the earth, and the leftists would still be offended! They’d wring their hands and start claiming that the meteor has rights, he’s an islamophobe for ending sex slavery, the old lady made a racist comment 50 years ago, her kittens meowed too much, eliminating poverty makes people too ‘priviliged’, and they’d call him a Nazi for bringing cleaner more efficient sources of energy to society and eliminating jobs in the outdated fields. They’d call him a ‘cancerphobe’ and accuse him of marginalizing breast cancer awareness month if he developed a cure.

Everything wrong with society can best be summarized in one word: LEFTISM. They’re the modern day Pharisees except operating under the false religion of Cultural Marxism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As teenagers, people don't always think about what they want to accomplish in life.

nevertheless, I think we have a duty to teach our teenagers that some actions have consequences that will follow you.

I am sure Kavanaugh was not thinking about one day becoming a supreme court justice while he was having a good time at a party.

If he did what he is accused of doing, I'm certain there are a lot of things he wasn't thinking about -- but should have been.

But supreme court justices mus be beyond reproach, imho. I believe Dr. Ford. Even if he may have felt bad afterward and he never di it again, it happened, an it could have influence on his decisions. He should not be seated.

And as I've mentioned this before -- Maryland has no statute of limitations on sexual assault. If he did it, they can press charges against him at any time... and that's not something that should be hanging over the head of a SCOTUS judge.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have zero to do with either of these political parties and avoid voting booths like the plague. But it seems that this leftist media darling isn’t quite the innocent angelic little victim the leftists portray her as.

Party girl: Why Kavanaugh accuser's high school yearbooks were scrubbed from the internet -- Sott.net

Now why would her yearbook be scrubbed from the internet? What is there to hide? Points of interest:

In reference to the sexual conquests of her high school gal pals -

"No longer confining ourselves to the walls of Landon and Prep, we plunged into the waters of St. John and Gonzaga with much success."

And it appears these drunken party girls are no strangers to sexual predation themselves -

"Other seniors preferred to expand their horizons and date younger men, usually sophomores, who could bring the vitality and freshness of innocence to a relationship."

It really seems like this person is being prodded by the leftists because they just hate Trump and everything he does. They just won’t go away. If I had to guess, this is just another SJW liar and ends up taking credibility away from true victims of sexual crimes. Absolutely disgusting.

These leftists just need to go away. They will never be happy until there is a leftist in every imaginable public office and position of authority. They hate Trump because he has exposed their hypocrisy and now they are grasping at straws to discredit him in everything he does. Unless he appoints nothing but leftists, and resigns from from office, the leftists won’t go away. They’re pathetic crybabies.

To be clear I am no Trump fan and he is no picture or morality. But
the truth is that Trump could find a cure for cancer, create more efficient and cleaner energy, eliminate poverty from every nation on earth, risk his life to save an old lady and a litter of kittens from a burning building, end sex slavery across the world, and stop a meteor from destroying the earth, and the leftists would still be offended! They’d wring their hands and start claiming that the meteor has rights, he’s an islamophobe for ending sex slavery, the old lady made a racist comment 50 years ago, her kittens meowed too much, eliminating poverty makes people too ‘priviliged’, and they’d call him a Nazi for bringing cleaner more efficient sources of energy to society and eliminating jobs in the outdated fields. They’d call him a ‘cancerphobe’ and accuse him of marginalizing breast cancer awareness month if he developed a cure.

Everything wrong with society can best be summarized in one word: LEFTISM. They’re the modern day Pharisees except operating under the false religion of Cultural Marxism.

That's nice -- so, if he did it,, should he be on SCOTUS?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“If” they’re true?

I have no doubt they are.

And upon what do you base that conclusion? As of yet not one single shred of evidence has been produced which supports the claim any event took place at all, let alone Kavanaugh had anything to do with it.

Seriously, then. What do you base your conclusion on?

Time machine?

Remote viewing?

Psychic readings?

Really, I would like to know.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She’s passed a lie detector test and Kavanaugh so far hasn’t offered to take one.

Lie detector tests results are not even valid court evidence, especially when it was her own lawyer who conducted the test.

She’s asked the FBI to investigate, something guilty people don’t do. He’s avoiding that.

The FBI doesn't have jurisdiction over things like this.

She’s come out despite knowing she’d be crapped on.

She "came out" because she was basically outed by Feinstein.

He has a history of misogyny.

And she has a history of being politically active for the same people who are trying to slander Kavanaugh and ruin his life. So does her lawyer and the billionaire who is paying her.

If I was a juror in such a case, the evidence is strong. Conviction seems highly likely.

Jurors will need to look at evidence stronger than what she has so far to get a conviction for something that supposedly happened 36 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure why a heinous act committed as a minor 36 years ago should disqualify someone from a high office today.

If they have taken ownership of said act and do not deny it I take no issue with it. If the accusations are true that is not the case here.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0