Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
dad said:
Only in the mind of those who think they should have been there. With no old ages, why should they be? There was no 80 million years ago, why claim there was then invent a missing isotopes case?
They should be there with "no old age". They are not there so that means old age.

So, it seems elementary, Pu244 was involved in the former process. (Unless a result of the split process) Where is the difficulty here? Seems simple enough.
The difficulty is with all the other isotopes that should be there and aren't.

It is now produced by decay, in the past it was not, but part of the other process.
You are still not understanding the first thing about the argument are you?

So what? The question is not how they are now produced, but we are looking at the past here, how WERE they produced? The answer is, you do not know, plain and simople.
We know these isotopes are produced, we know they decay given enough time. We know that enough time has passed that they have decayed away. Your myth is falsified. End of story.

(Various dad-hoc nonsense snipped)
"Neither cold fusion nor cold nucleosynthesis is understood at present, nor are the results yet widely accepted by the scientific community. But as we continue to explore together, cooperative experiments at several laboratories giving positive results cannot be ignored much longer.” "

"...Department of Physics and Astronomy of Brigham Young University; Steven Jones is a professor in that department"

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/113jones.html

In other words you indeed cannot say whether cold fusion in a pre split world could have left the fingerprints we see at Oklo, or not! Ha. Interesting. The plot thickens.
The cold fusion Jones is talking about is the fusion of deterium to produce helium. Jones has worked on muon catalyzed cold fusion for some time. It is not relevant to the fission reactions that occured at Oklo. No one can say anything about a "presplit" fantasy world that only exists in your mind.

No, they are old agers, and really can't do much but try to justify their lack of substance with comic relief attempts, however feeble.
You certainly classify as comic relief.

Why talk about what it ain't, when I gave you what it likely was? First impact zones of the split process with the information relayed on the still present highway of light between here and there! Thus, the PO explosion we see there, was carried well on it's way to earth. No?
This makes no sense at all but then nothing you post does.

The only ones deceived are those who omit Him from the creator role in our past. They, in effect, deceive themselves by missing the important part of the picture.

About your little flood remark, with most of the layers being pre flood, no need exists to try to use flood geology to explain them. I don't see any problems whatsoever in this light.
You don't see any problems with depositing thousands of feet of layered sediments with in at least one case millions of varves, and many other features impossible in a short time but then you can delude yourself into thinking there may have been no gravity before the flood so it is not surprising that you don't see huge number of insoluble problems.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frumious Bandersnatch said:
They should be there with "no old age". They are not there so that means old age.
No, in 4400 years I see none of this that needs to be here, on the contrary. Why would there be save in your imaginary past?

The difficulty is with all the other isotopes that should be there and aren't.
Should be there if it was decay that did the deed to begin with, which it wasn't! So, they should not be there, just as I suspected.

We know these isotopes are produced,
Objection, irelevant. WE are only asking how they were produced.

we know they decay given enough time.
Do is not did. They do what they do but they did what they did.

We know that enough time has passed that they have decayed away. Your myth is falsified. End of story.
No, your theoretical scenario is not end of story. 'If it all came from decay, where is the stuff that decayed, must have vanished in old ages' says you. It wasn't there to begin with, so there is no need to invoke old ages to explain the missing imaginary evidence!

The cold fusion Jones is talking about is the fusion of deterium to produce helium. Jones has worked on muon catalyzed cold fusion for some time. It is not relevant to the fission reactions that occured at Oklo. ...
Because the past was different than what they are now working on. Nevertheless, the fact remains that reactions can occur, and all that we need is the right conditions.

"Cold fusion, if it worked, would be a form of nuclear fusion. "

"hydrogen nuclei are positively charged and repel one another -- very strongly so at short distances. This makes fusion difficult to achieve."

"Cold fusion is an attempt to get fusion to occur under less extreme conditions, possibly as a result of chemical reactions. "
http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae330.cfm

Now the conditions were so different, right down to the atomic level then. A positive or a negative charge here, or there, and a few tweaks would make all the difference. You haven't addressed, nor can you, whether the reactions may have been almost the same, but the method or process of acheiving this different! Either way, it was just in this area, and had some purpose however He set it up. Looks more and more like the past method of nuclear reactions was different than the present. Guess this means that unlimited eternal energy and clean, will be available to man after the merge!!!! Great news.

You certainly classify as comic relief.
Good.

This makes no sense at all but then nothing you post does.
Since the concept is so revolutionary, I'll slow it down for you here. The split process began. It may have started in certain areas first, before becoming universal. If these areas were Super Novas, they would be the first to blow. Their explosion would be PO. This means subject to PO laws, decay, speeds, etc. It was very far away from earth, but the area between us and the SN1987 was still merged for a bit. The explosion of SN 1987 was carried along quickly, since light in the merged universe did move that way. The process spread, and the light well on it's way to earth was left in a PO state as well. Yet, the information in it was well on it's way to earth. It got here in 1987. That is why it did not take millions of years to get here!

You don't see any problems with depositing thousands of feet of layered sediments with in at least one case millions of varves, and many other features impossible in a short time but then you can delude yourself into thinking there may have been no gravity before the flood so it is not surprising that you don't see huge number of insoluble problems.
I tried to ask about the varves before , but you faded out. I was at the early stage of determining if uplift may have piled up some areas in the rapid continental dividing, or not. I think you said there was some uplift in the Green River vicinity. So, before looking at the past process that rapidly laid down the varves, I want to know how many were really laid down. If I ploughed a continent along hundreds and hundreds of miles, some areas would be up piled, one would think. If I take a flat pie crust just rolled, and run my hand along a table, I could push it or pile it up, sqeezed together, say, a few inches high. Especially in some parts of the crust. If one area piled up had varves, how could we determine how deep the varve later in that crust was before the big hand came along?
Foe example mountains may have been pushed up at the time. If all we do is look at the 2 millometers or whatnot that they may rise at present, we might imagine it took a long time to pile them up.

So, can you prove that the varves were not disturbed, and just one continuous deposit? ( I am not saying they aren't but need to know this to evaluate your claim)

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
dad said:
No, in 4400 years I see none of this that needs to be here, on the contrary. Why would there be save in your imaginary past?

Should be there if it was decay that did the deed to begin with, which it wasn't! So, they should not be there, just as I suspected.

Objection, irelevant. WE are only asking how they were produced.

Do is not did. They do what they do but they did what they did.

No, your theoretical scenario is not end of story. 'If it all came from decay, where is the stuff that decayed, must have vanished in old ages' says you. It wasn't there to begin with, so there is no need to invoke old ages to explain the missing imaginary evidence!
You still don't understand the argument and since you don't get it at this point I see no point in trying to explain it further.

Because the past was different than what they are now working on. Nevertheless, the fact remains that reactions can occur, and all that we need is the right conditions.

"Cold fusion, if it worked, would be a form of nuclear fusion. "

"hydrogen nuclei are positively charged and repel one another -- very strongly so at short distances. This makes fusion difficult to achieve."

"Cold fusion is an attempt to get fusion to occur under less extreme conditions, possibly as a result of chemical reactions. "
http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae330.cfm

Now the conditions were so different, right down to the atomic level then. A positive or a negative charge here, or there, and a few tweaks would make all the difference. You haven't addressed, nor can you, whether the reactions may have been almost the same, but the method or process of acheiving this different! Either way, it was just in this area, and had some purpose however He set it up. Looks more and more like the past method of nuclear reactions was different than the present. Guess this means that unlimited eternal energy and clean, will be available to man after the merge!!!! Great news.
Another classic dad-hoc irrationalization.

Since the concept is so revolutionary, I'll slow it down for you here. The split process began. It may have started in certain areas first, before becoming universal. If these areas were Super Novas, they would be the first to blow. Their explosion would be PO. This means subject to PO laws, decay, speeds, etc. It was very far away from earth, but the area between us and the SN1987 was still merged for a bit. The explosion of SN 1987 was carried along quickly, since light in the merged universe did move that way. The process spread, and the light well on it's way to earth was left in a PO state as well. Yet, the information in it was well on it's way to earth. It got here in 1987. That is why it did not take millions of years to get here!
Anyone who thinks this makes sense should immediately proceed to the nearest hospital to make sure no one has been feeding them hallucinogens.

I tried to ask about the varves before , but you faded out. I was at the early stage of determining if uplift may have piled up some areas in the rapid continental dividing, or not. I think you said there was some uplift in the Green River vicinity. So, before looking at the past process that rapidly laid down the varves, I want to know how many were really laid down. If I ploughed a continent along hundreds and hundreds of miles, some areas would be up piled, one would think. If I take a flat pie crust just rolled, and run my hand along a table, I could push it or pile it up, sqeezed together, say, a few inches high. Especially in some parts of the crust. If one area piled up had varves, how could we determine how deep the varve later in that crust was before the big hand came along?
Foe example mountains may have been pushed up at the time. If all we do is look at the 2 millometers or whatnot that they may rise at present, we might imagine it took a long time to pile them up.
This in no possible way explains millions of varves. This is off topic here but you need a better dad-hoc irrationalization than the one you just gave which is really just gibberish.

So, can you prove that the varves were not disturbed, and just one continuous deposit? ( I am not saying they aren't but need to know this to evaluate your claim)
The varves in the Green River formation are extensive over a wide area and do not show evidence of the kind of disturbance you are talking about. They do show correlations to long term climate cycles that shouldn't exist in your mythological fantasy world. The amusing thing is that you want this rapid deposit to occur during a time when you claim there was no gravity. For the rapid sedimentation you need you don't need no gravity, you need megagravity. That is a good example of why you are so well qualified as comic relief.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frumious Bandersnatch You still don't understand the argument and since you don't get it at this point I see no point in trying to explain it further. [/QUOTE said:
"You are still missing the point, all isotopes with half lives less than 80 million years are missing. The 80 million year half life of Pu244 is long enough that a miniscule amount is found naturally and then next shortest U-235 has a half life of 700 million years so it is still around. ALL isotopes with half lives of less than 80 million years are gone unless they are produced either by decay of longer lived isotopes or by other known processes. "
Point is there was no decay then. The PU244 and U-235 were here already working at something else than decaying. The decay started after the split. All you try to do is explain it as if the past were PO, which is a fantasy. Unless you could prove it, not worth delving into.

Anyone who thinks this makes sense should immediately proceed to the nearest hospital to make sure no one has been feeding them hallucinogens.
Explosion of Sn1987 happens. Rest of galaxy still merged. Light carried from the explosion therefore at merged universe light speeds. Process of split continues, affecting this light on the way to earth. Information of explosion in this light close enough to reach us at present light speed. as split process ends. It does reach us in 1987.

This in no possible way explains millions of varves.

I haven't begun to explain it yet, why should we think something explains it?

The varves in the Green River formation are extensive over a wide area and do not show evidence of the kind of disturbance you are talking about.

The world shows the disturbance, cause we know things moved around and got piled up in places.
grxs.gif

"This mountain-building event is usually called the Laramide Orogeny, and its ultimate cause is still the subject of some controversy"
"Deposits associated with these uplifts (Fort Union and Wasatch Formations) are as much as 10,000 feet thick in places, and they do contain some oil and gas."
http://www.gravmag.com/grnriv.htm
Perhaps you have a geo map, that shows your claim, or could support it a little more clearly. I can't rule out uplift as a factor just on your word alone.

They do show correlations to long term climate cycles that shouldn't exist in your mythological fantasy world.
I think the climate was different in the past. Also, the basis of what you call a 'correlation' hasn't been shown here.

The amusing thing is that you want this rapid deposit to occur during a time when you claim there was no gravity.
But there was forces that took it's place of course. AS was brought out, we still walked like we do now. You see, if gravity was different below the earth, and above it, that makes a difference. You assume what, all sedimentation happened as it does now? From above in other words. But with no rain, and water and stuff coming up from below, we need a whole fresh look at this!!!!! This is not a minus it is a plus for rapid deposition then!

You are funny, in your limited perspective.
A%20New%20Perspective%20on%20Art_jpg.jpg

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
dad said:
"You are still missing the point, all isotopes with half lives less than 80 million years are missing. The 80 million year half life of Pu244 is long enough that a miniscule amount is found naturally and then next shortest U-235 has a half life of 700 million years so it is still around. ALL isotopes with half lives of less than 80 million years are gone unless they are produced either by decay of longer lived isotopes or by other known processes. "
Point is there was no decay then. The PU244 and U-235 were here already working at something else than decaying. The decay started after the split. All you try to do is explain it as if the past were PO, which is a fantasy. Unless you could prove it, not worth delving into.
If decay didn't start till after the split then all isotopes with half lives of more than a few hundred years should still be around unless God deliberately created earth without them even though he created a universe that produces them.

Explosion of Sn1987 happens. Rest of galaxy still merged. Light carried from the explosion therefore at merged universe light speeds. Process of split continues, affecting this light on the way to earth. Information of explosion in this light close enough to reach us at present light speed. as split process ends. It does reach us in 1987.
This just shows that you can manipulate your fantasy world to come up with a dad hoc irrationalization to overcome any possible falsification. Do you even know what you mean by "information of explosion" in this PO explosion whose light somehow caught up with the premerge universe to travel licketly split here even though the explosion occcured 170,000 light years away and after the merge?

I haven't begun to explain it yet, why should we think something explains it?
Oh I forgot. In you fantasy things don't need explaining.

The world shows the disturbance, cause we know things moved around and got piled up in places.
grxs.gif

"This mountain-building event is usually called the Laramide Orogeny, and its ultimate cause is still the subject of some controversy"
"Deposits associated with these uplifts (Fort Union and Wasatch Formations) are as much as 10,000 feet thick in places, and they do contain some oil and gas."
http://www.gravmag.com/grnriv.htm
Perhaps you have a geo map, that shows your claim, or could support it a little more clearly. I can't rule out uplift as a factor just on your word alone.
And how does this disturbance create millions of layers that look like varves and whose thickness correlates to known astronomical cycles over millions of layers?

I think the climate was different in the past. Also, the basis of what you call a 'correlation' hasn't been shown here.
You have no explanation for the varves let alone for the correlation.

But there was forces that took it's place of course. AS was brought out, we still walked like we do now. You see, if gravity was different below the earth, and above it, that makes a difference. You assume what, all sedimentation happened as it does now? From above in other words. But with no rain, and water and stuff coming up from below, we need a whole fresh look at this!!!!! This is not a minus it is a plus for rapid deposition then!
With no rain how was material washed into the lake to create varves? I think you need to make a least few dozen every day given the short time you allowed the Cenozoic in your fantasy.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,029.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I doubt there are even any YEC lurkers who take him at all seriously. The closest I can come to thinking of another YEC who might even remotely resemble dad would be to imagine Karl Crawford on LSD.
Even among other YEC's, dad stands totally alone with his split_merge beliefs, that's totally clear for all to see. Contrary to his claims, there is zero authority to back up his beliefs. I suspect that is why dad does not get any support from even other Bible believers. dad's reading of the Bible in regard to YEC is unique to dad.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If decay didn't start till after the split then all isotopes with half lives of more than a few hundred years should still be around unless God deliberately created earth without them even though he created a universe that produces them.
If decay was not there we should not expect to find things decayed! We don't! Fantastic, the evidence mounts.

This just shows that you can manipulate your fantasy world to come up with a dad hoc irrationalization to overcome any possible falsification. Do you even know what you mean by "information of explosion" in this PO explosion whose light somehow caught up with the premerge universe to travel licketly split here even though the explosion occcured 170,000 light years away and after the merge?
We get info from the light spectum. Plenty of it is in our light info superhighway, yes.

And how does this disturbance create millions of layers that look like varves and whose thickness correlates to known astronomical cycles over millions of layers?
Sounds like imagination here?

With no rain how was material washed into the lake to create varves? I think you need to make a least few dozen every day given the short time you allowed the Cenozoic in your fantasy.
Light in the past was different. Plankton may have been produced, and died beyond imagination.

"Some types of particles (in particular, the cells of phytoplankton, also referred to as algae) can also contain substances that absorb certain wavelengths of light, which alters its characteristics. The most important light-absorbing substance in the oceans is chlorophyll, which phytoplankton use to produce carbon by photosynthesis. Due to this green pigment - chlorophyll - phytoplankton preferentially absorb the red and blue portions of the light spectrum (for photosynthesis) and reflect green light. So, the ocean over regions with high concentrations of phytoplankton will appear as certain shades, from blue-green to green, depending upon the type and density of the phytoplankton population there. The basic principle behind the remote sensing of ocean color from space is this: the more phytoplankton in the water, the greener it is....the less phytoplankton, the bluer it is. There are other substances that may be found dissolved in the water that can also absorb light. "
http://science.hq.nasa.gov/oceans/living/color.html
"
bahamas_MODIS.jpg

Other things also that affect varves are in line with the different pre split world.

"In one model, geologists perceive the organic material comprising the laminations coming from a rain of organic detritus produced by plankton living near the upper level of the lake (Bradley, 1929). Another states that microbial mats growing in shallow pools and shoreline zones on the margin of the lake produced the organic material (Surdam and Stanley, 1979). A third says the photosynthetic activity of the phytoplankton that draw CO2 from the lake water, raising the pH and in turn causing calcium carbonate to precipitate, produces the carbonate laminae (Bradley, 1929). This does not happen in ocean water because the salt ions react with the silt and clay particles causing them to sink to the bottom of the ocean and form a featureless deposit. (Oard, p. 72) Another view attributes the carbonate laminae to calcium rich streams entering saline, alkaline lake water (Boyer, 1982). Others suggest that the calcium carbonate laminae arose from dust storms blowing "

http://www.creationinthecrossfire.com/documents/Varves/VarvesProblems.htm

So, CO2 galore, possibly coming up or/and blowing in in the windy part of the day is more grist for the mill here. No problem, even if there was no pushing and squeezing up going on here as well!

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
dad said:
If decay was not there we should not expect to find things decayed! We don't! Fantastic, the evidence mounts.
The point is that they have decayed away. The evidence mounts that you live in fantasy land.

The rest of your post is totally irrelevant nonsense. All it does is show your ignorance of science yet again. Debating it point by point would just be a further waste of time as well as off topic for this thread.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point is that they have decayed away. The evidence mounts that you live in fantasy land.
I don't expect the stuff you claim decayed away, so claiming it vanished doesn't help you. Fact is it isn't there, and that is what a non decay past predicts.

The rest of your post is totally irrelevant nonsense.
I gave several ways varves were possibly produced quickly. You brought it up. Ha. Sorry you don't like them apples.

All it does is show your ignorance of science yet again.

No, proposing things in a past that is different is not ignorance. Trying to limit that past to the present is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
consideringlily said:
thank God, Dad and Little Nipper aren't nuclear researchers.
I have no doubt that the secrets of the atom will be available in heaven. I also have confidence that there will be no danger of nuclear explosions there. Today's science is like medieval quackery compared to the science there!
No wonder Oklo didn't blow up. I was wondering a while ago where Eden might have been, like many have. I suspect it may have been near Oklo, or at least a river that ran through it. This means Eden had power! We don't really know of course, but I thought it was a cute guess. One of the rivers might have been a nice hot one! What better place to bathe, and soak? A cold fusion powered Eden hot water? Nice.
I looked it up, to see if there were rivers in the area. Looks like a lot are there, and were there.
http://esamultimedia.esa.int/images/EarthObservation/River-lake-mask-n-data-africa_H.jpg

When the ark landed in the new world, it is reasonable to assume that they named some features after things in the old world they were familiar with, so it need not be anywhere near the modern rivers (Euphrates, etc) This one connected by rivers to near south Africa, where gold is, to the old Ethiopia area, etc.
But who knows. I like it because it gives a possible reason God set up the reactor.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
dad said:
I have no doubt that the secrets of the atom will be available in heaven. I also have confidence that there will be no danger of nuclear explosions there. Today's science is like medieval quackery compared to the science there!
No wonder Oklo didn't blow up. I was wondering a while ago where Eden might have been, like many have. I suspect it may have been near Oklo, or at least a river that ran through it. This means Eden had power! We don't really know of course, but I thought it was a cute guess. One of the rivers might have been a nice hot one! What better place to bathe, and soak? A cold fusion powered Eden hot water? Nice.
I looked it up, to see if there were rivers in the area. Looks like a lot are there, and were there.
http://esamultimedia.esa.int/images/EarthObservation/River-lake-mask-n-data-africa_H.jpg

When the ark landed in the new world, it is reasonable to assume that they named some features after things in the old world they were familiar with, so it need not be anywhere near the modern rivers (Euphrates, etc) This one connected by rivers to near south Africa, where gold is, to the old Ethiopia area, etc.
But who knows. I like it because it gives a possible reason God set up the reactor.
The great thing about dad is just when you think that he couldn't possibly get any sillier he does.

Upvote 0

birdan

Jan 20, 2006
✟15,831.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't think Frumious Bandersnatch understands what he is logically tangling with, and I would urge extreme caution in order to prevent long lasting effects.

You see, several decades ago, "They" were growing increasingly concerned about science moving ever closer to the truth about "Them". They were, through the centuries, able to keep people sufficiently off track by planting spurious ideas via their operatives (Lamarck, Aristotle, etc.), but those ploys had diminishing levels of truth deflection as time went on. By the late 20th century "They" decided more drastic measures had to be taken. Instead of planting false trails of information (which they however still do - c.f. Higgs boson, string theory), they decided to strike at the infrastructure: the internet. Thus a few years ago, "They" introduced the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot.

This clever piece of software was built to be an intellectual black hole. The theory behind the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot was that it would attract the most curious of the internet users (the best and the brightest?), just like a shiny object to a crow. Once the curious user ventured a bit too close (past the logic horizon), they would be entrapped in the massive logical gravity of a downward spiral of self-reflective tautologies. And...... poof. Never be heard from again.

Please be aware that the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot did not exist Pre-Internet (PI), nor will it exist in the post-internet world. It exists only in the communication split period we call the Internet Age. Also note that one of its highest level programmatic directives is to insist not only is it really real, but that it has exclusive access to the real reality. Really.

"They"
expend great effort to hide the CyberBotic nature of the Dad-Hoc, but since we have been tracking its movements across the internet, we have a few clues. For instance, if a poster suddenly changes appearence (like from George Burns to a Michael Landon look-alike), it is a good indication of their cyber-botic nature. I mean, how many real people do you know who can do that? And the change in appearance usually indicates some sort of software upgrade. By some reverse engineering analysis, we suspect the Dad-Hoc's reality suspension push-down stack was increased significantly, along with the ad hominen fallback loop.

Please be very careful when 'playing' with the Dad-Hoc CyberBot. It can be a huge waste of time, and there is some preliminary evidence it may make you go blind.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
birdan said:
... I would urge extreme caution in order to prevent long lasting effects.
....and there is some preliminary evidence it may make you go blind.
I feel honored that someone with only 8 posts would devote such a long post to me. If you just play with your PO you may go blind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

birdan

Jan 20, 2006
✟15,831.00
Faith
Seeker
dad said:
I feel honored that someone with only 8 posts would devote such a long post to me. If you just play with your PO you may go blind.

We have been tracking the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot throughout the internet for quite some time. This is not the first forum to be infected with this software CyberBot. Encouragingly, the Dad-Hoc software response decision tree seems to be rather restrictive in nature (even including the ad hominen loop), which limits its entertainment value and consequent cognitive infection rate. However, like circular logic, once infected there is no cure, so caution must be exercised at all times.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
birdan said:
We have been tracking the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot throughout the internet for quite some time. This is not the first forum to be infected with this software CyberBot. Encouragingly, the Dad-Hoc software response decision tree seems to be rather restrictive in nature (even including the ad hominen loop), which limits its entertainment value and consequent cognitive infection rate. However, like circular logic, once infected there is no cure, so caution must be exercised at all times.
Physicsorg was a place where some rattled on like that. Mind you manners here, though, they don't usually edit and delete posts just because it goes against their beliefs. Also, they don't allow the drooling wild insult fest that went on there.
Thats why we don't see many from there post here, their ideas would actually have to almost stand on their own two feet.
Not something apparently that you are yet up to. Keep whacking away on your PO ideas though, you never know.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
birdan said:
Dad-hoc may be a CyberBot but not a very good one. I seriously doubt if he could pass the Turing Test;) .

Upvote 0