Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Joman said:
(1). There are many isotopes with half lives far less than 80 million years.

(Joman.
But they are either produced in decay chains of much longer lived isotopes or produced naturally as with C14.
The list from Dalrympe's Book is reprinted on Talk Origins. and many other places.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is not being considered is that isotopes likely were created as they WERE because GOD considered them necessary to the environment HE originally created. It is also likely that any isotopes would not have begun to decay UNTIL after the FALL of Adam. What decay we measure now is ONLY because of the FALL and dates to the FALL. So Uniformitarain evolutionary geologists are quite presumptuous in their extrapolations of isotopes.

Upvote 0

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
LittleNipper said:
What is not being considered is that isotopes likely were created as they WERE because GOD considered them necessary to the environment HE originally created. It is also likely that any isotopes would not have begun to decay UNTIL after the FALL of Adam. What decay we measure now is ONLY because of the FALL and dates to the FALL. So Uniformitarain evolutionary geologists are quite presumptuous in their extrapolations of isotopes.

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
LittleNipper said:
Really lil'nip. Stop talking like you do about things you have no clue about. It really makes you look like an idiot to people who have even a cursory knowledge on the issue. Try to inform yourself on it first, it really helps.

And stop capitalizing RANDOM words. It only adds to the overall idiocy.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tomk80 said:
Really lil'nip. Stop talking like you do about things you have no clue about. It really makes you look like an idiot to people who have even a cursory knowledge on the issue. Try to inform yourself on it first, it really helps.

And stop capitalizing RANDOM words. It only adds to the overall idiocy.

The WORDS are not RANDOM. If you think they are then you are likely just as mistaken with the rest of what I said. YOU have NO idea what GOD originally created or how HE originally created it. You don't even want to believe what GOD HAS revealed to you, so don't act so smug & superior. YOU are only a human and nothing more or less...
Evolution is nothing more than man batting at the wind in the dark... "Educated" Man wishes to imagine he isn't an idiot.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
LittleNipper said:
The WORDS are not RANDOM. If you think they are then you are likely just as mistaken with the rest of what I said. YOU have NO idea what GOD originally created or how HE originally created it. You don't even want to believe what GOD HAS revealed to you, so don't act so smug & superior. YOU are only a human and nothing more or less...
Evolution is nothing more than man batting at the wind in the dark... "Educated" Man wishes to imagine he isn't an idiot.
I couldn't care less what God revealed to you. Your statements regarding radiometric show that you have no clue about the subject. God has reavealed nothing to me, there's nothing to be smug and superior about there.

The only thing I advice you to do is try to inform yourself about things you make statements about, before making those statements, and clear up your posting style so it doesn't look as erratic as it does. That's all. It has nothing to do with feeling 'superior' or 'smug', but all with why nobody on this forum is taking you seriously.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LittleNipper said:
What is not being considered is that isotopes likely were created as they WERE because GOD considered them necessary to the environment HE originally created.
Do you have the slightest idea what an isotope even is?

Obviously not, so let me help you. Isotopes are different forms of an element. Uranium leaps to mind with all this fuss about Iran lately. There's U235 and U238. Same element, different number of neutrons. Naturally uranium is found as U238 with under 1% of this uranium being U235. In order to use it in a reactor we "enrich" the uranium so that about 4% is U235.

Now, U235 decays. That means that over time it slowly changes into other elements. Based upon the known rate of decay we see that about 1.7 billion years ago there would have been about 3% of U235 occurring in nature. That's enough to sustain a nuclear reaction. Guess what, evidence was found of this very thing. See here.

So if various isotopes decay at differing rates (they do) and if we can measure the amounts of these isotopes in a particular sample (we can) then if the earth were 6,000 years old we'd see a much different concentration of isotopes than what we see today. And what we see are no concentrations of isotopes with half-lives under 80 MILLION years.

It is also likely that any isotopes would not have begun to decay UNTIL after the FALL of Adam.
Not only is that not likely, it's assinine. The natural process known as decay is a part of matter. If the universe was made of atoms then nuclear decay was a part from the beginning. The actions of men are irrelevant.

What decay we measure now is ONLY because of the FALL and dates to the FALL.
If this were the case (and it can't be) then we'd see isotopes with half-lives much shorter than 80 million years.

So Uniformitarain evolutionary geologists are quite presumptuous in their extrapolations of isotopes.
I couldn't care any less about your imaginary branches of science. I don't know what a UEG is nor does it matter. Isotopes and their decay rates are a part of nuclear PHYSICS.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tomk80 said:
I couldn't care less what God revealed to you. Your statements regarding radiometric show that you have no clue about the subject. God has reavealed nothing to me, there's nothing to be smug and superior about there.

The only thing I advice you to do is try to inform yourself about things you make statements about, before making those statements, and clear up your posting style so it doesn't look as erratic as it does. That's all. It has nothing to do with feeling 'superior' or 'smug', but all with why nobody on this forum is taking you seriously.

That is just it, you are the smug one and not me. You say, "I COULD CARE LESS..." Perhaps GOD reveals nothing to you because of this apparent attitude.

Proverbs 6:16-19

These six doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination of HIS soul: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running into mischief, a false witness speaking lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Perhaps you should stop viewing shows such as SaturdayNight Live ----- if you cannot handle erratic presentations....

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Phred said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why are there no isotopes with half lives of less than 80 million years present?

After all, if everything was new 6,000 years ago we should see evidence of all isotopes with half lives of under 6,000 years. Yet, naturally occurring within our environment we don't see anything with a half life under 80 million years present.

Seems either the earth is irrefutably old or the creator is deceiving us.

[/FONT]
The earth is very young.
Compared to the rest of the universe.

Upvote 0

f U z ! o N

I fall like a sparrow and fly like a kite
Apr 20, 2005
Neptune
✟1,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LittleNipper said:
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
nipper guess what we were talking about ISOTOPES and not EVOLUTION! and YOU are only a human tooo! and you are batting at the wind in the dark as well! please DO NOT BELITTLE OTHERS!!!!! just because you don't understand something. futher more you have no idea how God created either, to be honest and fair NO ONE REALLY DOES!!!!!

you are acting just as smug and superior as everyone else

/capslock spree

Reactions: vipertaja
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
f U z ! o N said:
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
nipper guess what we were talking about ISOTOPES and not EVOLUTION! and YOU are only a human tooo! and you are batting at the wind in the dark as well! please DO NOT BELITTLE OTHERS!!!!! just because you don't understand something. futher more you have no idea how God created either, to be honest and fair NO ONE REALLY DOES!!!!!

you are acting just as smug and superior as everyone else

/capslock spree

GUESS WHAT! Evolutionists use the suppose age of isotopes to substantiate the ages they give the fossils they find .I'm not belittling anybody. The only ones who think they have the right to be smug are evolutionists and uniforitarian geologists. They think they got it all right. Well, GOD's Word and I beg to disagree with nearly everything they wish to believe and teach as fact. I'm sorry that makes ME seem stupid and quarrelsome....

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleNipper said:
GUESS WHAT! Evolutionists use the suppose age of isotopes to substantiate the ages they give the fossils they find .I'm not belittling anybody. The only ones who think they have the right to be smug are evolutionists and uniforitarian geologists. They think they got it all right. Well, GOD's Word and I beg to disagree with nearly everything they wish to believe and teach as fact. I'm sorry that makes ME seem stupid and quarrelsome....

You are a very confused individual. I think you might want to stick to material of a different nature entirely.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
LittleNipper said:
GUESS WHAT! Evolutionists use the suppose age of isotopes to substantiate the ages they give the fossils they find .I'm not belittling anybody. The only ones who think they have the right to be smug are evolutionists and uniforitarian geologists.
What is a uniformitarian geologist? I would guess that all you think you know about geology is nonsense you read from professional YECs.

They think they got it all right. Well, GOD's Word and I beg to disagree with nearly everything they wish to believe and teach as fact.
So you think you know God's word because of your interpretation of a three thousand year old book written by men and rewritten many times since even though your interpretation totally disagrees with all the geological science of the last 200 years. All the evidence says that either your interpretation is wrong or the Bible is false (or God made a world to look old just to fool us). Take your pick.

I'm sorry
You certainly are;)

that makes ME seem stupid and quarrelsome....
Actually it makes you seem ignorant and quarrelsome which is a different thing. It also seems that you are very determined to maintain your ignorance.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LittleNipper said:
Well, GOD's Word and I beg to disagree with nearly everything they wish to believe and teach as fact. I'm sorry that makes ME seem stupid and quarrelsome....
No, it makes you seem arrogant and smug. Especially in light of your repeated and blatant ignorance of the subject. Your misrepresentations and strawmen simply show you have nothing upon which to base that arrogance. You can attack but when it comes to actually having an idea you're bereft.

It's time to put up or shut up Nipper.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
LittleNipper said:
That is just it, you are the smug one and not me. You say, "I COULD CARE LESS..." Perhaps GOD reveals nothing to you because of this apparent attitude.
The irony of you talking about arrogance almost gave a reading on my dad-calibrated irony-meter.

Proverbs 6:16-19

These six doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination of HIS soul: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running into mischief, a false witness speaking lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Again, your arrogance would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad.

Perhaps you should stop viewing shows such as SaturdayNight Live ----- if you cannot handle erratic presentations....
I don't watch tv. It's a waste of time. This forum is also a waste of time, of course, but at least this forum gives me a frequent laugh, which tv usually doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Frumious Bandersnatch said:
What is a uniformitarian geologist? I would guess that all you think you know about geology is nonsense you read from professional YECs.

So you think you know God's word because of your interpretation of a three thousand year old book written by men and rewritten many times since even though your interpretation totally disagrees with all the geological science of the last 200 years. All the evidence says that either your interpretation is wrong or the Bible is false (or God made a world to look old just to fool us). Take your pick.

You certainly are;)

Actually it makes you seem ignorant and quarrelsome which is a different thing. It also seems that you are very determined to maintain your ignorance.

First, you don't have a clue what old is and is not. You throw around millions and millions and billions of years as though its is matter of fact or only yesterday. Do you even realize how long ago 6 thousand years is? I'm not impressed with the scientific techniques of 200 years ago. What did they know about the atom? What did they know about volcanic erruptions? Please, if you are going to attack the Bible and Creationists----use up to date research and not the opinions of a few weekend scientists who were not even Baptist.:D I'm as determined to maintain my ignorance as you are yours.:p

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phred said:
No, it makes you seem arrogant and smug. Especially in light of your repeated and blatant ignorance of the subject. Your misrepresentations and strawmen simply show you have nothing upon which to base that arrogance. You can attack but when it comes to actually having an idea you're bereft.

It's time to put up or shut up Nipper.

Oh my! You really put me in my place. Oh, I've wet my pants.
I'm shak'n------NOT! You need to visit the Wizard of OZ. He'll show you a Strawman. ;)

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
LittleNipper said:
First, you don't have a clue what old is and is not. You throw around millions and millions and billions of years as though its is matter of fact or only yesterday. Do you even realize how long ago 6 thousand years is? I'm not impressed with the scientific techniques of 200 years ago.
I said all the science of the last 200 years, meaning up to the present time. But as little as they knew 200 years ago they knew enough to know that the world was far older than Biblical geneologies allow. Vast amounts of data collected since then show that they were right.

What did they know about the atom? What did they know about volcanic erruptions? Please, if you are going to attack the Bible and Creationists----use up to date research and not the opinions of a few weekend scientists who were not even Baptist.:D
You don't think any modern geologists are baptists. I think you are very wrong. Or maybe you think only baptists can do science. Or what? You really are confused. Check out the affiliation of Christian Geologists. Or maybe the Old Earth Creationists at Answers in Creation. There are plenty of Christians, even Baptists who disagree with your Young Earth interpretation of the Bible and there is no science which agrees with you.

I'm as determined to maintain my ignorance as you are yours.:p
I suspect I knew far more about science by the time I was 12 than you do now. I was also raised as a Methodist, (though we did go to Baptist Bible School in the summer) so I know a bit about the Bible as well.

Upvote 0