Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why are there no isotopes with half lives of less than 80 million years present?

After all, if everything was new 6,000 years ago we should see evidence of all isotopes with half lives of under 6,000 years. Yet, naturally occurring within our environment we don't see anything with a half life under 80 million years present.

Seems either the earth is irrefutably old or the creator is deceiving us.

[/FONT]

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Industriaan said:
i know what dad would say: "in pmerged universe there were no time decays and psysical contsants were diferent and because of that time decay is nonsens"
For a change he can't pull that on this one. This works the other way. These are elements that are far too decayed, thus showing that they've been decaying longer. dad's usual nonsense claims that decay didn't start until after the "fall." That is contradicted by this decay.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phred said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why are there no isotopes with half lives of less than 80 million years present?

After all, if everything was new 6,000 years ago we should see evidence of all isotopes with half lives of under 6,000 years. Yet, naturally occurring within our environment we don't see anything with a half life under 80 million years present.

Seems either the earth is irrefutably old or the creator is deceiving us.

[/FONT]

Perhaps GOD doesn't know what a half life is and never considered such because HE is not a scientist.... Maybe we should question why isotopes exist at all...

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LittleNipper said:
Perhaps GOD doesn't know what a half life is and never considered such because HE is not a scientist.... Maybe we should question why isotopes exist at all...
I cannot believe people actually think like this. But here it is, for all to see.

Wow! :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
LittleNipper said:

Exactly! If anyone is the scientist, it's Satan. He's always scheming, just like those evolutionary scientists. He'd know what half life is and why isotopes exists. Heck, I bet he created the isotopes in the first place.

Reactions: Mystman
Upvote 0
random_guy said:
Exactly! If anyone is the scientist, it's Satan. He's always scheming, just like those evolutionary scientists. He'd know what half life is and why isotopes exists. Heck, I bet he created the isotopes in the first place.

Of course! :doh:

Why didn't I think of that? He probably put those pesky isotopes there while he was sorting the dinosaur fossils into age order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LittleNipper said:
Ummm...wouldn't the creator of all things know a little bit about how they work? :scratch:

Kinda weird that God so closely resembles oneself.

Upvote 0

birdan

Jan 20, 2006
✟15,831.00
Faith
Seeker
random_guy said:
Satan? I thought it was Maxwell's Demon ....

Upvote 0