If the Earth is flat, why isn't flat-Earth cartography a multi-billion dollar business?

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No they wouldn't, the satanists who rule the world want to keep the true nature of Earth hidden from the masses. I explained why in my other thread, also they have literally unlimited money so trying to get rich off of Flat Earth cartography for governments isn't necessary.

The reason the governments want to keep flat earth hidden is because it proves without a doubt the existence of God. So to keep the satanist agenda going they want people to believe we are created by cosmic coincidence and not designed and created by God in His image. Globe earth and the Big Bang take the glory away from God and make non-Christians look at Christianity like a fairy tale when in fact it's the other way around.

And yet with all of that money and power, they never even thought to do something as simple and obvious as produce a fake body of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kinable

Word of Wisdom
Apr 12, 2020
Nevada
✟3,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And yet with all of that money and power, they never even thought to do something as simple and obvious as produce a fake body of Jesus.
They're currently working on introducing the Antichrist (Fake Jesus) with Project Blue Beam. Also Jesus resurrected and went up to Heaven. After 2,000 who would ever believe the fake body they "find" is that of Jesus? It could be anyone from that time, no one would believe it.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They're currently working on introducing the Antichrist (Fake Jesus) with Project Blue Beam. Also Jesus resurrected and went up to Heaven. After 2,000 who would ever believe the fake body they "find" is that of Jesus? It could be anyone from that time, no one would believe it.

The earth has been known to be round for over 2500 years. They've had plenty of time.

Forge some Roman records that say Jesus is buried at such-and-such place, build a fake tomb there that matches all of the details. Done.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The earth has been known to be round for over 2500 years. They've had plenty of time.

Forge some Roman records that say Jesus is buried at such-and-such place, build a fake tomb there that matches all of the details. Done.
Believe as you wish!

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,932.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,932.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actual 1945 Air map used during WW2
aa-fe-map-1.jpg
You obviously haven't bothered to read the details in the corners of the map. It explains how distorted the map is due to being a projection of the globe (reality) onto a flat surface. It even explains that most flights would not be straight lines but would follow the great circle path.
Evidence for flat earth? No.
Evidence for globe earth? Yes.
Evidence of stupidity of flat earth arguments? Absolutely.
Even modern air travel looks better on a flat earth map because we are on a flat earth not a globe

iu
This stupidity was put to rest in the other thread. Direct flights between Sydney and Santiago are shorter than flights between Sydney and Los Angeles. Commercial flights go where the traffic is highest, otherwise they don't make money. They also try to follow land masses as much as possible for safety reasons as there aren't many airstrips in the middle of the ocean for emergency landings. Most of the times passenger jets have been forced to make water landings have been disastrous, the Hudson river landing being one of the few exceptions.
As noted on the WW2 map you posted above, most flights take the great circle path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actual 1945 Air map used during WW2
aa-fe-map-1.jpg

upload_2020-4-18_1-38-37.png

The upper right inset of the map^^

Even modern air travel looks better on a flat earth map because we are on a flat earth not a globe

iu

No it doesn't. There are actual direct flights from Sydney to Santiago. On your flat earth map, that's like....Wait...I'll calculate it with your 3110 mile high sun:

From Sydney to the equator: tan(34)*3110=2098 miles (2338 miles in real life)
Passing through, say, Calgary, Canada: tan(51)*3110=3840 miles (3528 in real life)
Back through to the equator on the other side: tan(34)*3110=3840 miles (3528 in real life)
Then from the equator to Santiago: tan(51)*3110=2098 miles (2338 miles in real life)

For a grand total trip of: 11,876 miles, giving you the benefit of the doubt that it's a straight line, and that Calgary is about halfway.

ACTUAL flight from Sydney to Santiago is about 7000 miles. Planes can't even make it 11k miles without refueling. Not only that, the flight takes about 12.5 hours, so the plane would have to travel at an AVERAGE of 950 mph on your flat earth...They don't. They go about 550-600 ish.

But it gets even worse than THAT. The actual distance between Sydney and Calgary, instead of the 5940 listed above, is: 8180 miles....because in reality you don't fly directly north to the equator on your way for a straight shot at Calgary.

And the real distance between Calgary and Santiago: 6400 miles

For a total trip of 14580 miles. And an average airspeed of 1167 mph.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
View attachment 274980

The upper right inset of the map^^

No it doesn't. There are actual direct flights from Sydney to Santiago. On your flat earth map, that's like....Wait...I'll calculate it with your 3110 mile high sun:

From Sydney to the equator: tan(34)*3110=2098 miles (2338 miles in real life)
Passing through, say, Calgary, Canada: tan(51)*3110=3840 miles (3528 in real life)
Back through to the equator on the other side: tan(34)*3110=3840 miles (3528 in real life)
Then from the equator to Santiago: tan(51)*3110=2098 miles (2338 miles in real life)

For a grand total trip of: 11,876 miles, giving you the benefit of the doubt that it's a straight line, and that Calgary is about halfway.

ACTUAL flight from Sydney to Santiago is about 7000 miles. Planes can't even make it 11k miles without refueling. Not only that, the flight takes about 12.5 hours, so the plane would have to travel at an AVERAGE of 950 mph on your flat earth...They don't. They go about 550-600 ish.

But it gets even worse than THAT. The actual distance between Sydney and Calgary, instead of the 5940 listed above, is: 8180 miles....because in reality you don't fly directly north to the equator on your way for a straight shot at Calgary.

And the real distance between Calgary and Santiago: 6400 miles

For a total trip of 14580 miles. And an average airspeed of 1167 mph.

You forget, though, that math is a satanic conspiracy. ^_^

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

iu

Oh yeah, one other thing that's really dumb about this argument;

I frequently go visit my brother in Phoenix, AZ. Typically, I take the route I highlight here in red, but while I'm booking I'm nearly always offered the blue option.

upload_2020-4-18_8-24-45.png

WHAAAAATTTTT?!!! why would they offer me a flight through SLC? That makes no sense!!!!!:doh::doh:

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No they wouldn't, the satanists who rule the world want to keep the true nature of Earth hidden from the masses. I explained why in my other thread, also they have literally unlimited money so trying to get rich off of Flat Earth cartography for governments isn't necessary.

The reason the governments want to keep flat earth hidden is because it proves without a doubt the existence of God. So to keep the satanist agenda going they want people to believe we are created by cosmic coincidence and not designed and created by God in His image. Globe earth and the Big Bang take the glory away from God and make non-Christians look at Christianity like a fairy tale when in fact it's the other way around.

Nothing you just wrote makes a lick of sense.

Are you making this up as you go along?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It might make for an interesting screenplay though.

More like a comedy. The flat earther version of the devil reminds me of one of those comically inept villains that you're supposed to laugh at, like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

Lucifer: Okay, everything is going according to plan. We got that Eratosthenes guy to fake a measurement of the circumference of the earth, so people now think it's round. Now we just have to trick more people into believing it.

Demon #1: How is this supposed to get us more souls, exactly?

Lucifer: Just trust me, okay? Anyway, the next step of the plan is-

Demon #2: Lord Lucifer!

Lucifer: Please, call me Louie. All my friends do.

Demon #2: Uh, right. Louie... uh, you might want to know that God just incarnated Himself in the form of a human child named Jesus. We should probably do something about this.

Lucifer: Ah, forget about it, I'm sure it's fine. Now like I was saying, we next need to trick people into thinking they've circumnavigated the earth...

(30 or so years later)

Demon: Terrible news! Jesus Christ rose from the dead and absolved all mankind of their sins! Now all they have to do is believe in Him as their savior and we'll never get their souls!

Lucifer: Don't worry, I've got a plan.

Demon: Are we going to try to squash this Christian religion before it spreads too far? Because we could make a fake tomb with a fake body to convince people that Jesus stayed dead. It would be pretty easy to do, with all the resources we have.

Lucifer: No, that's silly. We have to stick to the round earth thing. Trust me, it'll work.

Demon: Okay, you're the boss...

(A few hundred years later)

Demon: More bad news! Emperor Constantine has converted to Christianity, and he's declared it the official religion of the Roman Empire!

Lucifer: Calm down. I've got this one.

Demon: What's the plan? Should we have him assassinated and replaced with a pagan?

Lucifer: What? No. We've just got to make sure the Romans keep believing the earth is round.

Demon: But how does that help-

Lucifer: Hey, who's the father of lies here?

Demon: *Sigh*

(A bit over a thousand years later)

Demon: The Christians are spreading like crazy! They've converted people all over the world. They've even reached the New World continents! This is out of control!

Lucifer: As long as they don't get to Antarctica, it's fine. Round earth, baby.

Demon: But most of the world's population has believed it's round for almost 2000 years, and the number of Christians is still growing!

Lucifer: Hey, you can't account for everything. Wait until you see this whole 'space travel' conspiracy I'm cooking up, it'll be awesome.

(repeat as necessary)

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I really do not understand these satanists that rule the world.
They spend thousands of years and quadrillions of dollars to make sure that to promote the fake Globe, insert their "scientists" in every group that makes observations or calculations since 500 BCE, create fake satellites, bribe airplane pilots and ship captains to corrupt their navigation, have taken over (or even invented, for this sole purpose) the educational system...

... but they still promote and distribute this book that explains the Flat Earth in detail.

And it is not some small rebel groups that keep this book alive... no, it is the great big satanic organisations, the Churches, from the huge Catholic Church down to the fringe Discovery Institute YECs, who all shout from the rooftops: "Look, here's the book, directly from God The Creator Himself. Oh... and of course the earth is a globe."

It's amazing. Both groups - the evil satanists and the godly flat earthers - are both at the same time miraculously efficient at spreading their "evidence"... and at the same time totally incompetent when it comes to spreading the truth/revealing the lies.

It is as if these deadly enemies do not want to win. Hm...
... perhaps I am on to something...
...both Globe and Flat Earth is just a huge conspiracy to distract us from the fact that we are living on a triangular ringworld!

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The pro flat earth responses in this and the other flat earth thread are good examples of anti-intellectualism.
In the rural U.S., anti-intellectualism is an essential feature of the religious culture of Christian fundamentalism.[35] Some Protestant churches and the Roman Catholic Church have directly published their collective support for political action to counter climate change, whereas Southern Baptists and Evangelicals have denounced belief in both evolution and climate change as a sin, and have dismissed scientists as intellectuals attempting to create "Neo-nature paganism".[36] People of fundamentalist religious belief tend to report not seeing evidence of global warming.

And this.
In the field of psychology, confirmation bias is the mental phenomenon that confirms the validity of a person's self-accepted beliefs, ideals, and values, to create emotional hostility (anti-intellectualism) towards and mistrust of other beliefs, ideals, and value systems to which the anti-intellectual person has not been exposed; thus, confirmation bias is a symptom of anti-intellectualism.[44] The writer Isaac Asimov, speaking of this, said that "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'"
Anti-intellectualism - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It is as if these deadly enemies do not want to win. Hm...
... perhaps I am on to something...
...both Globe and Flat Earth is just a huge conspiracy to distract us from the fact that we are living on a triangular ringworld!
Oh, come on. I thought at the last Illuminati Grand Council meeting it was agreed, following a vote on a motion proposed by the Honourable Elvis Presley that this rumour would be held back until Test Match cricket could resume! Now think of how many mind wipes we'll have to do.

Upvote 0