If the Earth is flat, why isn't flat-Earth cartography a multi-billion dollar business?

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Flat Earthers claim the round Earth model is highly flawed and that flat Earth is the way to go.

Yet, there seems to be little to no economic interest in a flat Earth. Given that there are significant implications for a correct map of the Earth (everything from exploration to tourism to international commerce to military applications), you'd think flat Earthers would have a huge opportunity to corner the cartography industry.

Yet they haven't. Seems odd.

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Flat Earthers claim the round Earth model is highly flawed and that flat Earth is the way to go.

Yet, there seems to be little to no economic interest in a flat Earth. Given that there are significant implications for a correct map of the Earth (everything from exploration to tourism to international commerce to military applications), you'd think flat Earthers would have a huge opportunity to corner the cartography industry.

Yet they haven't. Seems odd.
Simple answer. Because the large majority don't believe in a flat earth; thus no commercial market demand. Flat earthers are a zealous but small market.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Simple answer. Because the large majority don't believe in a flat earth; thus no commercial market demand. Flat earthers are a zealous but small market.

Belief wouldn't enter into it though, since we're talking about practical applications.

Just for something like international trade, you'd think more accurate maps would be a priority.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because the evil ancient international conspiracy cares more about keeping up the deception for no reason than about making money, or preventing nuclear war (The US and USSR nearly wiped each other out multiple times, and yet according to flat earthers they had to both be in cahoots with their space programs).

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My question would be, commerce gets along just fine believing that the earth is spherical so why would they need a flat earth map? And even if a flat earth map was updated from the existing ones, how would that take place? For example, how would one accurately map Antarctica since by treaty, that area is off limits to exploration by private individuals by the governments of the world. Unless, of course one implicitly believes whatever the government tells them to believe.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My question would be, commerce gets along just fine believing that the earth is spherical so why would they need a flat earth map? And even if a flat earth map was updated from the existing ones, how would that take place? For example, how would one accurately map Antarctica since by treaty, that area is off limits to exploration by private individuals by the governments of the world. Unless, of course one implicitly believes whatever the government tells them to believe.

Antarctica has been mapped many times, by many different organizations. And it is not 'off-limits'. You can even fly over it.

Antarctica Flights |Sightseeing Flights from Australia

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My question would be, commerce gets along just fine believing that the earth is spherical so why would they need a flat earth map?

Well, clearly they don't. Which repudiates claims by flat Earthers that maps based on a globular Earth are incorrect.

For example, how would one accurately map Antarctica since by treaty, that area is off limits to exploration by private individuals by the governments of the world

Antarctica isn't off-limits. You can go there yourself if you wanted to. It's just really expensive to do so.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Antarctica has been mapped many times, by many different organizations. And it is not 'off-limits'. You can even fly over it.

Antarctica Flights |Sightseeing Flights from Australia
"Mapped" only by gov't endorsed agencies/companies. Tourists are only allowed to see certain areas and are never allowed the freedom to explore the whole continent. No one except for the military and gov't agencies are allowed to fly over the whole continent. Do you get the picture?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kinable

Word of Wisdom
Apr 12, 2020
Nevada
✟3,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the earth is flat then the entire Southern Hemisphere would be larger than the northern and the further south the more spread out. A map based on that geography would be crazy.

Actual 1945 Air map used during WW2
aa-fe-map-1.jpg

Even modern air travel looks better on a flat earth map because we are on a flat earth not a globe

iu

0e90027af6785a65504fb52e3b6d61fc.jpg

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Even modern air travel looks better on a flat earth map because we are on a flat earth not a globe

This was already address in the other thread, but I guess you're one of those types who just ignores counter-points.

At any rate, I'll appreciate if you don't spam this thread without addressing the point made in the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kinable

Word of Wisdom
Apr 12, 2020
Nevada
✟3,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
At any rate, I'll appreciate if you don't spam this thread without addressing the point made in the OP.
Because there's not a big enough demand for Flat Earth cartography. Personally I would love to have a flat earth map or a website that's like Google Maps/Google Earth but of flat earth. But those of us that want these things are too few in numbers due to how heavily the governments suppress Flat Earth discussion and topics.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Because there's not a big enough demand for Flat Earth cartography. Personally I would love to have a flat earth map or a website that's like Google Maps/Google Earth but of flat earth. But those of us that want these things are too few in numbers due to how heavily the governments suppress Flat Earth discussion and topics.

If Flat Earth cartography were superior to traditional maps, there should be huge demand for it. International commerce would be all over it.

And appeals to shady government conspiracies make no sense, since those very same governments would stand to benefit.

There is no reason why Flat Earth cartographer shouldn't be a multi-billion dollar business if the Earth were really flat.

Upvote 0

Kinable

Word of Wisdom
Apr 12, 2020
Nevada
✟3,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And appeals to shady government conspiracies make no sense, since those very same governments would stand to benefit.
No they wouldn't, the satanists who rule the world want to keep the true nature of Earth hidden from the masses. I explained why in my other thread, also they have literally unlimited money so trying to get rich off of Flat Earth cartography for governments isn't necessary.

The reason the governments want to keep flat earth hidden is because it proves without a doubt the existence of God. So to keep the satanist agenda going they want people to believe we are created by cosmic coincidence and not designed and created by God in His image. Globe earth and the Big Bang take the glory away from God and make non-Christians look at Christianity like a fairy tale when in fact it's the other way around.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder when was the last time that a tourist 'explored a whole continent'. Sounds like it would take decades.
May I suggest you look into Admiral Byrd's discussion and findings of what he found. It's very revealing and differs from what we have been taught about Antarctica.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
May I suggest you look into Admiral Byrd's discussion and findings of what he found. It's very revealing and differs from what we have been taught about Antarctica.

He was misquoted and later confirmed that himself. Of course you probably think that's part of a conspiracy.

Upvote 0